1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Prase Based Indexing and Retrieval Part II

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by thegypsy, Jan 29, 2007.

I am a big fan or relevance moving forward with SEO in the 21st century. I have been following the trail of semantics (LSI) and phrase based optimization (Phrase Based Indexing and Retrieval - PaIR).

Since the spring of last year Google has put out at leat 4-5 patents relating to PaIR technologies.

I originally penned ‘Phrase Based Optimization’ which turned out to be a bit technical for the average reader. I wrote another piece with some more analysis and I tried to make the writing more palatable… so have a read and start thinking ‘relevance’ and ‘phrasings’

Phrase Based Indexing and Retrieval Part II

SNIPPET

For those of you still playing in Keyword Desnity... it's a MUST READ - lol... for the rest of you - have you started working with relevance in the form of semantics and phrasings?

thegypsy, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  2. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A short phrase count too? This seems like having "go words" to get ranked high in SERPs.

coolsitez, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  3. TheMadHat

TheMadHat Peon

Best Answers:
    Good article.

I have seen evidence of this. Building a good mix of primary and secondary phrase anchor text seems to be increasingly important.

As long as your keyword density stays above 5%. ;) Just kidding.

TheMadHat, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  4. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha.. cheers Hatter... I have been using it when varying link texts and do concur it has (apparently) an effect... I can build stronger link profiles with less links...

Bill Slawski has done some posts on the PaIR stuff... good read as well... I started off in the direction of semantics last year and now it's PaIR... I am a fan of the 'relevance' methods...

OFF TOPIC; I see U round MyBlogLog there MH - I shall have to stop by yer blog and add U as a contact in my cast of SEO whos-who

cya round

5. TheMadHat

TheMadHat Peon

Best Answers:
    Certainly. I'm also frequently worried about leaving too large a footprint. Anchor text variations help on that front as well. People need to start thinking ahead to where the SE's might be going...that's how you get ahead.

The funny thing is all those link monkey services push their "10 Keyword package" or whatever (even the more well known ones). This is just going to get you nailed with all those identical inbounds.

OFF: We are getting quite a network going with that thing....didn't expect it to blow up so fast. l8r

TheMadHat, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  6. Vigor

Vigor Peon

Best Answers:
    What a great read. I never gave much thought to keyword relevance across the entire site. For me its about working one phrase into each web page. I can see that while my pages usually have a loosely related structure, they contain only a small number of repeating keyword phrases throughout the entire site. Thanks for the info.

Vigor, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  7. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny U mentioned that.. with my crew I call it 'predictive SEO' - U an I should get together and write some ideas on it...

Off page as well.... it puts a new value on the pages you use for back links.. pages with little relevance .. become less usefull to the over-all link profile

8. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    having irrelevant pages to your domain page theme can lower your SERPs at Yahoo!

coolsitez, Jan 29, 2007 IP