1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I fix an error in my user name?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Jay Elliot, Sep 15, 2011.

I signed up intending to use the name Jay Eliott however accidentally input Jay Elliot (note the difference between the number of L's and T's).

Jay Elliot is apparently the Founder and CEO of Nuvel and a former Senior Vice President at Apple.

I wish to avoid being confused with this person.

Is it possible and if so who would I contact to change my username to Jay Eliott instead of Jay Elliot (yes they are different look closer).

Thanks in advance

Jay Elliot, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  2. serena85

serena85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry you will not be confused and if you look in the settings area you will discover that you can change your user name.

serena85, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    robjones, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  4. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, the money hungry people are gonna make you pay $25 to change your username. Buy a new IP from your ISP for a few dollars, create a new account and forget about this one.

Cucumba123, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice IF the goal is to get banned for creating a duplicate account. If you think an ip match is the only way of spotting dups, you haven't paid attention.

For those doing business here there's clear reason to discourage frequent / un-recorded name changes. If you don't like the policies, you could always open your own forum. Should be educational. :)

robjones, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Has nothing to do with trying to make money. We would prefer is no one ever bought it. It's only there to give people an option if they ABSOLUTELY MUST (for whatever reason).

digitalpoint, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  7. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, the guy there obviously made a mistake, why don't you save him the pain and his beer money and make a quick username edit for him? He is newly registered, that shouldn't have a big impact on the servers. ;)

Cucumba123, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The age of an account has no more/less impact on the servers for a name change. I really wish vBulletin wasn't so retarded when doing username changes, but that's just how it is.

digitalpoint, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess Jay Eliott isn't your real name? People don't normally make typos with their real name, no matter how tricky.

Does it really matter if your fake name has one l or two? Unless you are trying to pass yourself off as the Apple chap there should be no problem. There must be hundreds of Jay El[l]iott's alive on the planet at any given time.

BTW: Planning to trounce Ireland tonight?

EDIT: rofl, Jay posted on my blog about fakes and then exposes himself as one.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
    sarahk, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  10. Jay Elliot

Jay Elliot Member

Best Answers:
    There is a difference between a pseudonym and a fake.

No biggie if the user name can't be changed without paying a fee, plenty of other forums out there to use.

Np SarahK I won't bother you on your blog anymore. Have fun badmouthing digital point members on your blog for the "lulz"

Jay Elliot, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So why the drama over the extra l, surely the real Jay Elliot will know it's just a pseudonym?

And since you are totally open about who you are on your other websites, why the need for the cloak and dagger on this one?

sarahk, Sep 17, 2011 IP