1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Really mad at Google/Adsense.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Josh, Jul 26, 2005.

About a week ago, I checked my adsense stats, and noticed that the CTR on TheJosher.com was around 6 or 7x what it normally is. I knew that couldn't be right, so I immediatly emailed Google, saying I noted a large increase in clicks, and I hadn't done anything layout or color wise to merit that, so they are probably invalid and to remove/discredit those clicks.

I didn't receive an email, but instead (about a day and a half later) got the Adsense Account disabled email.

One would think, that if I was the cause of the invalid clicks, I wouldn't have emailed Google and asked them to discard the clicks. I guess Google doesn't think that way.

Anybody know how to get to the human side of Google? I sent them off another email, asking them to reinstate my account, and mentioned the email I had sent them a few days before.. with no reply.

(I have a theory that it might be the work of this guy.. as the site that conversation occurred on was blogexplosion, and so of course my profile had a link to my blog )

Josh

Josh, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Weren't you already banned? You mean you got banned for the second time?

fryman, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  3. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    That is werid. Everytime i email adsense i get a email back usually within 24 hours.

Hopefully others that think its a good idea to email google and tell them to investigate your account for high clicks or clicking on your own ads are paying attention.

Reguardless this sucks for you and I feel for you. I would email adsense support A LOT until I get a answer.

Shoemoney, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  4. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suspect they treat guys bringing in $40k+ per month with higher priority than the little people...

yo-yo, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  5. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes... last time it was apparently for hidden text, which I though I had removed, but didn't until it was too late.

Got accepted back in, but apparently all for nought.

Josh

Josh, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  6. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    You know what this is why i never reveal like exact sites that I am running cause people HATE YOU if you have any success and they F**K it up for you.

Shoemoney, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  7. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that seems like a really smart thing to do in retrospect :p

And I don't really care that much about losing adsense, I wasn't making much with them anyway.. its just the fact that I was banned without any warning, for 'invalid clicks' that I am virtually 100% postive wasn't anything I did. (Never aksed people to click the ads at all, or anything like that.) And especially since I emailed Google about it and told them to discard the clicks... oh well.

Josh

Josh, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  8. toddieg

toddieg Peon

Best Answers:
    register a business and open up another one :D

toddieg, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  9. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    for the same domain? couldn't they just do a whois?

Unless a business listing doesn't list the proprietor

david_sakh, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Josh or should I say Josher...we've been through this before. Your right, AS isn't the only one, rock on bro.

But IMO still are the most rewarding. Despite my ban from Yahoo AS continues to be my knight in shining armour.

I can't believe that you got cut AGAIN...Keep it rolling, Josh.

Homer, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  11. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    TheJosher is just my nick for forums that Josh is already registered on, and it was the only somewhat-short domain I could think of for my blog :p

But anyway.. yeah, it probably is the best.. but Targetpoint and Kanoodle are decent as well.

Josh

Josh, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  12. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    its a destiny buddy. Written it somewhere that adsense is not for you. So whatever you do, you'll still get ban from google. Good luck on another program though, you have lots of option. This not the end of the world. And hopefully, after this, you have more time to shoots the crazy frog and broke the 93 marks :p

alang, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  13. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that, Josh. :(

Not only a mention. I think you need to insist politely, and to send them a complete copy of your first email, with the date and time from headers, etc. Most probably they did read it too quickly. (Or perhaps -less probably- even the email got lost in the way, in an AOL-style spam filter; filter problems happen more and more often, but even so it's a small probability).

The first email -where you warned Google about the click attack- is your chance to get reinstated, even if a second reinstatement is -maybe- more difficult. (Well, I don't know how much a previous banning weights; a publisher reinstated and banned again is an unusual case).

As mentioned on a previous thread:

You did it correctly, and indeed in most cases it ends well, with a thanks from Google, etc. The advice from AdSenseAdvisor is usually good:

Even if unusual, I remember a similar case to Josh's where the publisher warned Google that his site had gone suddenly from 100 to 28000 clicks a day (an automated click attack).

Of course Google detects this without need for a warning, but in this case the publisher's warning wasn't enough to avoid the "invalid clicks" email.

Later, after much insistence, he got reinstated as you can read on the linked page.

Yes, I think that's correct in this case of an innocent publisher. I would insist politely stating the facts with great detail, and offering any additional information they might wish (log files, IPs -even if surely they know them-, etc.), at least once a day.

And, every time, including a complete copy of the first email. Really, this is your key.

Yes, almost always AdSense support is very nice and helpful, surely they are excellent people, but it seems that in the cases of alleguedly fraudulent clicks, communication becomes difficult.

This is really bad luck. Difficult or not, I hope you will get the second reinstatement. Don't wait, do it now; late reinstatements do exist, but are rare. Best of luck, Josh.

That's also good advice. For example, at the WebmasterWorld forums almost all AdSense publishers hide their URLs, from previous bad experiences. They want visits only from users who are searching for the info on their sites, not from competitors, etc.

Juan G, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  14. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I have seen from the few people who have managed to get unbanned, persistance is a necessitity.

aeiouy, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  15. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    Josh, what new PPC are you using? I would check out MIVA, they pay decent, and they also have almost no rules unlike adsense. I asked them if I was allowed to use scraper sites with their service, and a rep called me on my home phone number to talk to me about it (they o.k.'d it too btw for anyone wondering).

But about miva, there links are so much more blendable, they look like reg. text links you would make yourself, no ads by miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiva or anything like that. They also let YOU pick what topic the ads are that shows up, it doesnt guess that page is about Blue Widgets, you tell them it is in the code. You can also set how many links you want to appear (anywhere from 1 to 1000, but will only go up to how many advertisers of course)

They also let you make use of your 404 error page, to put ads on there. Also besides Dynamic Content Ads (their ads similar to adsense style) they have the 404 ads, directory style ads, and search bar ads.

They dont pay as much as google but they are better for certain websites(ones that wouldnt be accepted into google, and of course people banned) - ( I am using them for all my article bot generated sites instead of the affiliated I was previously using and my income has increasted 5X from those sites.

Good luck josh!

Worldwid, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  16. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Sorry to read that they bumped you again.

G only cares about their big earners now (i.e. $5,000+ per month), that's abundantly clear.

You actually want your account back after being bumped twice? Are you some sort of masochist? For me, once was enough. I don't need a system where I have to worry every single day. I would still like G to reinstate my account because I want the money I earned and deserve, and I would like vindication, but that's about it. It's not going to happen for me, and I've moved on.

If you really want your account back, PM "joeychgo" and ask him what he did to get his account back after he was bumped for no reason. His technique might work if you really want your account back. But I personally don't know why you would want to continue doing business with G after a double slap.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  17. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    No doubt. Smart, successful people will always meet resistance from those who are too weak and too brainless to succeed. That's just a fact of life. Better to keep your critical projects to yourself.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  18. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    But what actualy got you banned again ?

I have been told time after time here, that posting comments about getting banned by having someone clicking away on your ads is not using common sense, that Google monitors clicks and ip addresses etc, and they know if it's you clicking your own ads or someone else, and they won't ban your adsense acount for someone else wildly clicking ads.................

bluegill_catcher, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  19. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if it came from my IP it must have been some sort of malware, as I am 100% positive I haven't clicked one of my ads since being reinstated.

I'll deffinatly keep emailing them, but the problem was I don't have the original email I sent to them, as I set it to them via their contact form instead of direct via email. That may pose a problem :/

I'd disagree, they may ban you for someone else (or someones) clicking your ads wildy, in suspicion that you are using a proxy, have dialup with a new IP, or you asked someone to click your ads, or something like that.

I'm hoping I can find someone that knows of a way to contact the personal side of Google and argue my case with them.

Yeah, it does look like Google doesn't care about the little guy.

Josh

Josh, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  20. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Googleguy is the most approachable human related to Google - though I have never tried to contact him myself before. Like Shoemoney, I have always had quick and thorough answers from Google Adsense. Are you replying to their email or contacting them via their online form now?

If it is the former, try going through the on-line form again. I don´t know Josh, these are probably useless suggestions but all I can come up with. What a bummer.

Good luck on getting re-instated or with finding a lucrative alternative.

e10, Jul 27, 2005 IP
    debunked likes this.