1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about Gandhi?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ayushi infotech, Aug 4, 2011.

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi "Father of the nation"

1. GANDHI ON NON-VIOLENT POLICE

2. GANDHI ON NON-VIOLENT ARMY

3. GANDHI ON NON-VIOLENT ECONOMICS

happy independence day august 15 ........... jai hind .........

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    ayushi infotech, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  2. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that Gandhi was deceitful egoistic weakling, who wasn't a good leader, wasn't a good father, wasn't a good husband, wasn't even a good friend..
    He didn't care about his wife, his argument was nation needed him.. If he was an honest man, he would have never married.
    He ignored his son.

He was so egoistic that he forced Subhash Chandra Bose to resign from the presidency of the congress.
    He was so deceitful that he stopped Sardar Ballabh bhai patel from becoming the first Prime Minister, instead favored Nehru, who was a leader as bad as Gandhi.
    He was a weak, he knew very well that his non-violence movement wasn't going to do any favor to the nation, but he just can't let India to unite, pick up arms and fight against British Empire, much in the way Americans did. If not for World War II, India would have been a British Colony as late as 90s.

The Webby, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  3. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That may be so and as much as I disagree with colonialism, would this have been such a bad idea? The infrastructure and modernisation built by the colonialists have largely fallen to disarray, have they not?

BRUm, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  4. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking at the current day, probably not. India is royally fucked up for the most parts..
    Corruption is all time high. Nothing has changed, instead for British Empire now ingenious politicians are ripping the country off.

The Webby, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  5. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dam that Ghandi !!! You should ask the British Empire to get back in power. Non-violence , blah we should just nuke each other . Now , we have a missile shield and you don't . Ready ? 3 , 2 , 1, liftoff .

ApocalypseXL, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  6. Ethical Geek

Ethical Geek Member

Best Answers:
    Quoted for the truth!

Wow! You just exposed how dumb-wit you're, mate! Your opinions seem like that of a spoilt teenager who spends his entire day playing Counter Strike, eating nuts and shouting crap at mom when disturbed while taking down a frag. Dude, grow up!

Ethical Geek, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  7. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, Apoc couldn't resist..
    ApocalypseXL.. Mate, I have ignored you, there's no point quoting me or addressing me.
    I don't care what you got to say, because most of your opinions are assumed, misinformed or deliberate garbage, that doesn't show even a pint of intelligence in them.

The Webby, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  8. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    What a nice display of ethics and intelligence . Here you need one of these :

aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg

ApocalypseXL, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  9. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha classic image :D

BRUm, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  10. newdomains

newdomains Member

Best Answers:
    The infrastructure was built to serve the colonialists, not the indigenous people. In fact the current issues in the developing countries are just legacy of colonial era.

As far as Gandhi is concerned, I agree he got more credit than he deserved. If Bose had remained as the head of Indian National Congress, we wouldn’t have seen the tragedy of partition.

newdomains, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  11. Ethical Geek

Ethical Geek Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, even the 10 year old kid by the street here could amaze you with his knowledge and sensibility. Unintelligent sarcasms will not lead to any good debate. Please don't quote me again if you can't appreciate this. Please don't hijack the thread. Stay out of it if you can't give any healthy contribution to the same, be it a sound criticism or appreciation.   

Ethical Geek, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  12. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK they left ~70 years ago. What your excuse for the current state of them now? Surely it has been enough time to sort things out?

BRUm, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  13. viny30

viny30 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I may agree with you that world war 2 was the main reason for India to get independent quickly but also one more important reason was that  The great Indian Army which managed the British interest for 200 years was much more aware than they were in 1857 and wanted the same facilities for the Indian citizens like the one enjoyed by Britons. They have traveled the world with British generals and were now aware of the citizen rights which Britishers enjoyed in their country.

I respect British century old traditions. See your country have more than thousand year of history but so does mine and please note that we inherited good things from the British legacy like democracy, freedom of speech and secularism from you and we almost still follow the Westminster model.

Colonialism was not fair but let the bad things of history be gone and I hope these 2 counties have a very good relation for centuries to come. 
    And yes please give India some time we are only 63 years old and we are among the highest growing economy in the world. We will rise and come over our teething problems of corruption, poverty and unemployment. We are determined people and after 200 years of suppression don't judge us so quickly. India is the seventh largest country int he world and with rich diversity. Development will take time but it will come for sure.
    And please don't  be little the efforts of MK Gandhi.. 

viny30, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  14. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't mean any offence. I'm not a proponent for colonialism or unjust occupation. Thanks for your explanation, I hope your country realises its full potential and the people their respect in the near future, too.

BRUm, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  15. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's what I'm talkin about baby..
    Britons came to our country and took everything by force.. Now it's time for revenge!!
    So now we take your precious language called "English" and brutally murder it everyday..

Take that Britons!!

See our broken English that makes Shakespeare to roll in his grave and cry!!! Wish that you'd never invaded India and left English with some dignity!!
    *Insert an evil laugh here*

The excuse runs deeper than what appears..
    One of the major problem with India is it's caste system.. It divides society.
    It is in the center of politics in the major parts of India. Caste is considered as a factor when picking up representatives. Individual merit doesn't count.
    People will vote for an uneducated moron, who got a long criminal history sheet as long as he/she belongs to their caste.
    So when our parliament and lower assembly is full of these people, progress takes a back seat and corruption flourishes.

I beg to differ, that's a lame excuse to cover the failure of a failing state.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if my knowledge of history serves me well, I remember that post world war, China, Japan and Germany were left in an equally devastated state.
    China was colonized by different countries, Japan was nuked and Germany was bulldozed by Allied force, that left it defeated, demoralized and divided..

But look at them now. They all had same 63 years to build from ashes of their history. And they did. All three are in a way better shape than India.

Whats the excuse now, again?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
    The Webby, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  16. newdomains

newdomains Member

Best Answers:
    70% issues have been sorted out. Other issues will be sorted out, too.

I believe you are aware that India had to build herself from scratch in 50s and 60s. The development pace has not at optimal levels as we see in China and other Asian countries. Still India is now competing with many industrialised countries.

Indians are a proud nation and have all the ingredients to become the next super power of the world. It may sound strange to you but those who are aware of the changes that taking place in our global village won't be surprised to hear such a claim.

newdomains, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  17. viny30

viny30 Active Member

Best Answers:
     I beg to differ, that's a lame excuse to cover the failure of a failing state.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if my knowledge of history serves me well, I remember that post world war, China, Japan and Germany were left in an equally devastated state.
    China was colonized by different countries, Japan was nuked and Germany was bulldozed by Allied force, that left it defeated, demoralized and divided..

But look at them now. They all had same 63 years to build from ashes of their history. And they did. All three are in a way better shape than India.

Whats the excuse now, again?[/QUOTE]

Please consider the fact that all countries you talk about are much smaller in size ,except China, and were independent before the war. The citizens there enjoyed the liberty of freedom and where in India it was not the case. 

India was a nation deeply divided because of the diversity. When British left it was important for India to keep it self intact otherwise it would have blown away like USSR. Now that is no more a problem and we are much better off than many other countries who are still engaged in civil war.

viny30, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  18. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't sound strange to me at all. Look at the Chinese, 60 years ago there were shuffling about in paddy fields. The Arabs too, before oil discovery, were riding camels around in the sand with scimitars.

Hahaha! Classic :D

BRUm, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  19. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Not that only equates to lower human resources and man power, also do not forget that Japan and Germany were in worse shape than India.
    India wasn't nuked, we didn't have to fight the nuclear fallout and radiation. Multiple sanctions and restrictions weren't imposed on us..
    Germany was almost leveled to the ground and then divided between east and west Germany.

A country as huge as India, with so much fertile agricultural land and huge man power, its lame to say we didn't progress because we were big..

Excuse me? Really?? Is that what you were taught in the world history class?

People's Republic of China OR Simply China, as we know it, was formed in 1949. That's right, whole 2 years after the Republic of India was established.
    Not only that but Chinese were massacred by Japanese forces during WWII (Only dwarfed by Genocide committed by Nazi, known as holocaust)
    Even in 1962, Indian had an edge over China in terms of total military, had we utilized our resources (namely Air force) better.. But we had a weak government, mainly a prime minister who had his eyes on Nobel peace prize, instead of progress of his country. Your excuse is non-standing.

Unlike USSR we have a federal and a state governance system, independent to each other.. Its was enough to protect the diversity and cultural interests of people.
    That's no excuse...

Yes we are better off than many countries, Like Somalia, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia (Most of the African countries), Wow, I don't know about you.. But looking at it that way already makes me feel so much better..
    Does it matter that countries like Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, Thailand etc have a better GDP per Capita than India? And what the heck I'm talking about? These countries are way better than India..
    Even Sri Lanka, Maldives, Surinam, Indonesia, Lebanon, Peru and many others have much better GDP per Capita than India.. But who cares, we are world's 4th largest economy, right? That means we are making progress, right?

WRONG! Only a handful of people making progress. Only those handful of people are responsible for progress.. Majority of India still lives below poverty line and minimum acceptable living standards.
    Majority of people are still struggling to make the minimum living.
    Buddy we are far from making any progress as a state. And why is this important? Because with every passing day, this gap is widening.. Most of the middle class and lower class can't cope up with the inflation, that is designed to serve the wealthy. (Am I implying that inflation in India is artificial? Yes I am)
    This gap will bring dissatisfaction within society, that we already witness in the form of Naxalite revolution. It is going to get worse.. Where would that lead us to? A Civil War.

You must be thinking, "what an anti India ass clown commie hippie!!".. No, I'm not that, I'm a hardcore nationalist.
    The reality is, If things get shitty, I wont be affected by it. No, not at all.. I earn what most of the Indians only dream of. I can take my money and move to any country I wish to. I belong to a family that what you can call an elite.. My father is class 1 Government Official of Director level, My Mother is a doctor and a politician, I was given the best education that one can avail in this country.

Why do I care then? Because as I said I'm a nationalist, and I see India as a nation. My loyalty is to India, not to some caste, some religion or even some political party.. I gain knowledge from everywhere I can and that knowledge makes me see things more clearly and that clear vision is bothering me. I don't keep myself in delusion.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
    The Webby, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  20. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    LOL i'm glad i haven't given up on P&R . Gem like this make my day . Thanks man.

ApocalypseXL, Aug 9, 2011 IP