1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free WordPress Theme | Please Review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by donatello, Jul 25, 2011.

Preview: Free WordPress Theme

I've just created a new WordPress theme... I've not yet used it on any sites, so it's a completely fresh design. I wanted a dark black/gray header with some jQuery UI components. I also wanted a low-profile header that did not take up half the page with oversized graphics... anyway, this is what I came up with.

Additionally, one thing that always slows down developers is creating the three essential legal documents that all websites should have:
    1. Privacy Policy
    2. Terms of Service
    3. Disclaimer
    So what I did, was create an auto-generator that automatically creates these three documents and puts their links in the footer. It automatically captures the blog name, URL and admin email, then encrypts the email for the required "Privacy" contact.

As most of you know, since 2009 Google Adsense requires a Privacy Policy, and increasingly a TOS is required as well - for example, to use a Facebook application to include Facebook likes or comments, their TOS requires a link to your TOS!

This solves all of those problems without even any editing for those too lazy to bother drafting their own Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Disclaimer.

Feel free to use it free, I only ask that you leave in a backlink to my Meta Tag Generator.

donatello, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  2. Rupert John

Rupert John Peon

Best Answers:
    where's the meta tag generator tools?
    i don't see that.

Rupert John, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  3. SEO to Business

SEO to Business Peon

Best Answers:
    I can say everything is perfect in your blog. you just need add more themes cause people will attract more otherwise Black & White Combination is awesome!

Good Luck:)

SEO to Business, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  4. AR7'

AR7' Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks really good. Simple and effecive and really attracts you. Though I would try and fix the RSS and GO button, they are a bit jagged. Sidebar is nice.

AR7', Jul 25, 2011 IP
  5. stlgolfforum

stlgolfforum Member

Best Answers:
    I like it, only thing i would change is the rss and search buttons

stlgolfforum, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  6. donatello

donatello Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reviews...

I've fixed the buttons, but used "The Gimp" again, and so when reducing the images sizes for the buttons, once again got a little fuzziness...

[​IMG]

It looks like I will have to go back and fix them one more time at the actual size...
    As you can see, this is a single image. My stylesheet uses "CSS Sprites" as opposed to JavaScript Rollovers - this makes all the images load at once and results in fewer HTTP requests, a faster page load and no delays.

As far as the "Meta Tag Tools" go, they are now linked in the sidebar of the Theme Demo, and of course, you can follow the link in my signature to my MetaTagGenerator page.
    :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
    donatello, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  7. abstracttech

abstracttech Peon

Best Answers:
    What type of site are you thinking this would work with? I'm having trouble thinking about which of my sites would fit with this colour scheme.

abstracttech, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  8. leftpain

leftpain Peon

Best Answers:
    Simple site with enough information. Good work. Add some colors if you can, the site will look more attractive.

leftpain, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  9. donatello

donatello Peon

Best Answers:
    @abstracttech
    I tend to like a black/gray theme for some of the work I do.

I also thought that it might be good if you had colorful content that you would like to highlight. Rather than a flashy, splashy header and site background, a more subdued and muted background would make the actual content stand out.

My girlfriend is a photographer with thousands and thousands of quality images, textures and photos from all over the world. A background that looks like a camera without a lot of colors to compete with her colorful photos is preferable - at least in my mind.

Sort of like why museums do not have fancy frames on their best artwork. If you have a crappy pic, put it in a nice frame...

Anyway, I hope you like it. Feel free to use it or even add some color. The header can be easily changed as there is a simple tool built in to make it easy to modify, so you can easily splash some color onto it!
    Please leave me one measly little link in the footer. :)

donatello, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  10. tripforum

tripforum Peon

Best Answers:
    look nice, but add more contents.

tripforum, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  11. iWiZ

iWiZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice theme, looks natural.

iWiZ, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  12. einav

einav Peon

Best Answers:
    looks cool. great idea// i just don't see the three essential legal documents...where are they??

einav, Jul 28, 2011 IP