1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN Update with cache, etc.

Discussion in 'Bing' started by GADOOD, Jul 24, 2005.

I've just converted my site from a one page site which was ranking on the first page of MSN for a while, but then dropped to the second page, to a full on 'resource' for my main keyword. Instead of 1 link out to an 'articles' page, the 'articles' page is now the main page on www.mydomain.com - hopefully, I imagine, this will add SO MUCH MORE VALUE to the main page then it did previously, and to be honest - I expect to be back on the first page and hovering in one of the top positions at the next update.

How often do MSN do a jig-around? I'm not talking the everyday changes, I'm talking the biggish one, where they re-cache/index your site and change their rankings accordingly.

Cheers, my fingers are crossed. Quite a gamble I've took I think.

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 24, 2005 IP
    girl likes this.
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry ignore this - I've just had a search around the forums and I've found my answer. I'll just wait a few weeks and be patient. :eek:

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  3. web-rover

web-rover Peon

Best Answers:
    msn is always updating...they are the fatest out of the big three

web-rover, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    They're not always updating the sites cache/index though unfortunately. I notice shifts in rankings everyday, though. However, I need my sites content re-looked at. :)

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  5. jimrthy

jimrthy Guest

Best Answers:
    I really haven't paid much attention to MSN, but they're spidering some of my sites like crazy.

jimrthy, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  6. Ernster

Ernster Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone think MSN will beat Yahoo (possible google) any time soon?

Ernster, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  7. tohamy

tohamy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they can't beat google at least in the short term. the guys in google are very experienced and it will take some time before msn team can compete with them. but if they start something like adsense, I think most of the developers like to play with Microsoft's products than other companies and a lot of people, with the help of Microsoft's marketing machine, will use it.

tohamy, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  8. kneukm03

kneukm03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For the new content stuff as opposed to re-ranking it could be up to a month. I think that's what it took recently for some articles I started writing in early february. I put a bunch of new stuff up, noticed my first searches from it from MSN a few days ago.

kneukm03, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  9. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    very interesting, thank you!

killer2021, Nov 9, 2008 IP