1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying CSS design based on a few existing sites

Discussion in 'Design' started by Pryda, Jul 13, 2011.

I'm looking for a CSS wizard that can make me a good design that takes elements from existing sites that I like and combines it into something fresh and good looking. I would also like to ask to create you at least 3 different color schemes. It can be more of course. This can be 3 different CSS files with 1 HTML file or 3 CSS/HTML pairs. This gives me more options. One main design of 1 page is enough, but you can make more if you want.

Here are some ideas that I want you to combine:
    • I like the overall layout of this site. Not a big fan of the background and the color scheme, but I do like the main white content block and the way the menu bars fold around it. That layout (fixed with, two columns, menu bar at top and left side, footer) is good as it is, so you can keep it. This design is about restaurants and has several elements "taken a bite out of". These bite marks should be removed. Don't feel limited to this, but see it as a starting point. You can make variations on it.
    • The color scheme is very important. I don't like the one from the site above. It should use soft colors and be pleasant to look at. I also prefer a white or white'ish background in the main content block over a dark/black one. Here are some ideas and color schemes that you can use:
      1. Example
      2. Example, but a different color then the orange here.
      3. Example
      4. Example
      5. These 4 sites should give you an idea of what color schemes I like, but of course you're not limited to these. In fact, since I want at least 3 schemes, I want you to go ahead and try different things.
    • The content in the sample HTML can be random "Lorem ipsum" content. You can leave the logo and photos in place, as I will put mine in place (these are not ready yet).
    • Clean and W3C compliant CSS and HTML are definitely a plus!

If you're interested in doing this, please post your price, time needed and a link to your portfolio here. If there's enough interest, I might select more than one person to do this, since I like having multiple options. Payment can be through PayPal, Payoneer, CashX or Paxum.

Update: On August 18, this job is still available. Pm me if you're interested!

Here is some extra info that I sent to a guy who was interested, but then disappeared. It helps to give an idea on what I want exactly.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    Pryda, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  2. HowDoYou

HowDoYou Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Me and my team of artist and programmers would be happy to help!
    We code and design custom websites for local business, but are breaking into the online world as well.
    Gearjunk.com
    NewAgeSEO.com
    bluegrassotaku.com
    ninjawatch.com
    to name a few. we have bigger clients but would have to share them with you via PM.

Turn around time would be 2-3 weeks. price would be $250.
    Thanks.
    Shane

HowDoYou, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  3. Pryda

Pryda Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This position is still open. Got some interesting proposals already, but as I said, this can be given to multiple designers.

Thanks for your interest, Shane. Unfortunately, your price and turn around time are too high. Other bidders are bidding around $40 and need only a few days.

Pryda, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  4. perfectblue

perfectblue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Finished the job and got paid.
    Thanks

perfectblue, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  5. Pryda

Pryda Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks to you too. Not entirely convinced by your work (yet), so I might still take other designers to do the job.

Edit: 2nd revision of the design by perfectblue is really terrible. I'll use his work as an example of how I DON'T want it. So the position is still definitely open.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
    Pryda, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  6. Pryda

Pryda Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I want to add that perfectblue's 3rd and final revision was much better. Pretty good work for such a low price!

Pryda, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  7. Pryda

Pryda Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't see any designs on your website. Do you have a portfolio somewhere?

Pryda, Jul 19, 2011 IP