1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many hours a day do you spend making backlinks?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by data4you, Jun 6, 2011.

I'm just wondering about how much time the average webmaster spends each day creating legitimate backlinks to her/his website. Personally, I have found it easiest to place links in forum signatures and in the link fields of blog comments. Any other suggestions?

data4you, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  2. mallen129

mallen129 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Question and am interested to know. data4you, how much time do you spend?

mallen129, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  3. GuidoB

GuidoB Member

Best Answers:
    Some days when I am going to build backlinks, I can spent over 3 hours for 1 site, and that a few days. But sometimes I just do 15 minutes per day, and sometimes nothing haha. I think you should build them as long as you think you need them!

GuidoB, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  4. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i spend all day backlinking thru forums and etc. until i once again can come up an idea to create another site and again build links to the new site.

etc, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  5. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    I spent at least 3 - 4 hours building high quality backlinks to my site. All worth it!

Justin_Dupre, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  6. data4you

data4you Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to spend an hour a day. But I'm also quite busy designing sites for my clients and writing content. I know I should at least double the amount of time I spend creating backlinks.

data4you, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  7. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Best Answers:
    This type of work is tedious and some days I spend about 1 to 2 hours backlinking, but the results in the medium to long term are superb and you eventually get the traffic and the sales for your endeavors.

Mark :)

shmeeko69, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  8. Intact Marketing

Intact Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends how many links do you need for your site? If your niche doesn't have high competitors then you might not need many links, therefore you don't need to spend hours for building your back-links. Don't over do it thou. You might get penalized by search engines.

Intact Marketing, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it all depend how much time you can spend. Basically i dont spend much time on link building because i always outsource those simple link building job

lifeplayer, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  10. web99

web99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to write good content so i only spend 1h on link building.

web99, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  11. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If it's needed all day :)

w3bmaster, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  12. JayePause

JayePause Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on how much time you have available to you. I personally spend several hours a day building backlinks to our sites. However, we are always marketing other programs for JV Partners and also working on improvements and additional features for our systems. So again, it really depends on what you've got available. Like today I didn't really have much to do, so I've just been building backlinks all day long :)

Regards,

Jaye Pause

JayePause, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  13. powfada

powfada Active Member

Best Answers:
    Couple months ago I use to spend several hours per day doing backlinks and it really burned me out. However, now that I am generating a decent income online, I outsource all of my backlinking tasks.

powfada, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  14. terrancecharles

terrancecharles Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, articles submitted to mass directories is a good way for back-links. Also, blog commenting on high PR blogs work great. However, at the same time if you check fiverr, you can find people that will create back-links for you, I had someone create 1,000+ back-links to my website which threw me in google and ranked me for some good keywords.

terrancecharles, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  15. JayePause

JayePause Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, and no. If you submit the same article to multiple sites it can actually hurt you if you don't spin the article. While you think it's helping you, it will eventually penalize you if the content is exactly the same. Blog commenting on high PR sites and then pinging the blog (after moderator approval) is a great way to build one way backlinks and relevant traffic to your websites too.

JayePause, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  16. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not so much the amount of time spent, but the effectiveness of the backlinks, you may only need one backlink from a high PR site compared to hundreds from PR 0 sites

golfpro1, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  17. Omdayus

Omdayus Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello all, I am a newcomer, to this day still learn to make links and backlinks. anyone can help create links and backlinks quickly

Omdayus, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  18. Qtheninja

Qtheninja Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone has their own opinion on this stuff especially since Google makes 'voodoo magic' sometimes in regards to its formulas. However I would disagree that submitting the same article to multiple sites can actually hurt you. Here are some reasons if we take into the consideration the general concept of how google identifies information via 'where there is smoke there is fire'

1. If submitting the same article to multiple sites actually hurts, then why not just go ahead and submit your competing sites articles to multiple sites? That way you can reduce your competition. The reason why it may not necessarily penalize is because imitation is the ultimate form of flattery.
    2. Having copied articles on your own domain will penalize you no doubt
    3. If you submit the articles or backlinks prior to having YOUR site indexed will no doubt not help you and may not even reward you (if google sees your domain as another copy cat it may not reward you if it sees one of the other directories as the first to index it).

So I would say that it may not reward you, but I don't think it would penalize you either. I agree with you on the grounds that it may not be the best practice but I don't think it can penalize you. Its of course open to debate and google changes all the time, one day it could penalize and the next not.

Qtheninja, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  19. derekad

derekad Peon

Best Answers:
    I outsource this process ;)

derekad, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  20. Fbi Raid Plz

Fbi Raid Plz Peon

Best Answers:
    You can really spend most of the day link building without even noticing to be honest, you just need to be set up on the right websites, right forums and network with the right people, then just by using the internet on a daily basis you'll gain fresh backlinks. :)

Fbi Raid Plz, Jun 10, 2011 IP