1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $5000/mo Goal With ClickBank & Arbitrage

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by scottmweaver, Jan 13, 2007.

Hey guys,

I've been trying the whole arbitrage with Adwords and ClickBank for a while now but small-time. I mean like $5/day and I've had zero returns.

Recently, I've been trying to push the envelope a little bit so I upped the amount to $10 and got no results. Then, last night I upped it to $30 and after that was gone, I started thinking.

I've done a fair amount of research, but I think I'm missing something. I'm trying my best not to pay more than $0.10/click but it's almost impossible to get any clicks with AdWords if you don't pay more.

Also, I haven't been using any landing pages and a friend has told me that my CPC goes up as a result, so I'm wondering whether that's hurting me as well.

I know there are a number of reasons I'm not making a sale. I could be pushing the wrong products, could be a slump for that particular market, could be the wording of my ads, could be that i'm using the content network and people are clicking who aren't necessarily willing to buy anything. (i just stopped using the content network tonight). It could also be that I'm not diversifying into multiple PPC Services.

Well, last night I decided to start up on AdBrite and I also haven't received any payments that way.

In the last 12 hours, I've paid for over 100 clicks and gotten nada.

So after hearing all that, and knowing that I'm basically a novice, what advice could you give someone like me?

scottmweaver, Jan 13, 2007 IP
    AfterHim.com likes this.
  2. affiliateslittleguy

affiliateslittleguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried article marketing? I did got result(sales) from article marketing which cost me ZERO money.

Adwords is more for people who can throw money for traffic. I am not into it. SO far didnt get any result from Adwords before. I admit I am a newbie to google adword hence not touching it until I can get expert to teaxh me step by step. All those ebook on Adwords are bull s.

If you just want people to look at your landing page, it's easy and cheaper to use classified ads. If you want sales, focus on keyphase people use to search for.

Optimise your landing page using keyphase. I saw an interview by a "guru" mention, the more webpages you optimise, the higher chance of getting your targeted visitor to buy from you.

You also need to track which page is giving you the highest conversion rate.

affiliateslittleguy, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  3. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    That's good advice. I do use tracking codes on all of my ClickBank links, so once I actually MAKE a sale, I'll know where it came from. ;)

I'm currently using AdWords and AdBrite, and I'm looking for other PPC services that cost less per click so I can get more interested buyers to my intended goals quicker.

But seriously, what do you mean by 'classified ads'. Where? How do I get there? :)

4. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow didn't know that arbitrage even worked anymore.

pr0xy122, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  5. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've read, it's still making people hundreds and thousands per day.

6. Optimus Crime

Optimus Crime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know affiliates to my ebook making >1,500 a month from my book alone. They spend zero cents on AdWords or any other PPCs. They do extensive article writing, have landing pages on their own sites (a pre-sell page) and drive highly targeted traffic to those pages. I have never been an affiliate myself, but I suppose if you could find a niche and work on it, you could pretty sure get high results with least expenditure on PPCs.

Stan.

Optimus Crime, Jan 14, 2007 IP
    Nectarine likes this.
  7. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    That's outstanding. You must be making a killing yourself then, not having to do much of the work after you write the thing then, yeah?

Very nice.

scottmweaver, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  8. motheninja

motheninja Peon

Best Answers:
    don't get caught up in, "I have to pay less than 0.10 cents per click, because otherwise I won't make money." thing.

I've increased bids on multiple keywords and my conversions have went up!

Your ad position plays a huge role in PPC. If your ads are on the second page in google do you think surfers who are the most willing to buy will ignore all of the ads on the first page and then get to the second page and then buy whatever you market?

Are you split testing your ads? Are you using conversion tracking?

When you first start be ready to lose money with PPC, that's just the way it is.

motheninja, Jan 15, 2007 IP
    Nectarine likes this.
  9. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords game isn't as hard as it seems. First you need to spend some money to get a decent CTR, then you can lower your CPC, and make it slow, don't go from $0.3 to $0.1, try $0.27, if traffic doesn't change, lower to $0.25 and so on.

It's hard at first, but you should be okay when you know what you're doing.

dog_24, Jan 16, 2007 IP
    Nectarine likes this.
  10. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice. I increased my bids to $0.14 and $0.15 to see what will happen. I think I may even try $0.29 and work my way down like you're saying. Doesn't hurt to try. :)

scottmweaver, Jan 16, 2007 IP
    Nectarine likes this.
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The problem is, spending these amounts per click makes it very difficult to even break even promoting most clickbank products. Alot of them have crappy conversions so you have to be careful. And I definately won't be taking the merchant's word for what kind of conversions to expect either.

dcristo, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  12. mikejmu

mikejmu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As a newbie starting with clickbank would be difficult. I've been doing online marketing for over two years and I'm not sure I could convert enough with clickbank.

Stick to smaller lead generation where you don't have to pay as much per lead. My signature has a great program to start with, especially if you don't have much money to advertise with.

Good luck!

mikejmu, Jan 16, 2007 IP
    Nectarine likes this.
  13. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I just made my first two sales and made about $30 after subtracting advertising costs. Not bad at all, I'd say! :) I'm extremely happy. I'm going to focus more on the topic I chose! Woohoo!

14. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    congrats man, getting the ball rolling with the first few sales always helps keep ya motivated. can i ask what clickbank category the product is in?

dcristo, Jan 16, 2007 IP
    Gurpartap likes this.
  15. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

Yeah, it's in Fun & Entertainment. :)

16. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can increase conversion by using a landing page... You can get a sale for every 5 clicks, and that is no B.S

dog_24, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  17. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Let me guess, your a mechant? :rolleyes:

dcristo, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  18. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, why? Doesn't change anything, there are affiliates who make more than merchants, and there are merchants who make more than affiliates. It all depends on the skills.

dog_24, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  19. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats on your recent sales!

One thing I would definitely advise - if you're using any particular PPC service and not getting any sales at all with a lot of clicks, it's unlikely that the problem is that you chose the wrong PPC service; more likely that your ad/landing page/product/target niche is off.

Like others have said here, if you want to make more, I'd suggest starting again examining your ad copy, the target market you're going for, the keywords you're using (how general are they? How likely is it someone typing that in is actually ready to make a purchase decision?), your landing page (is it convincing? does it sound genuine?), and then the product itself.

Track everything that can be tracked. The difference between someone who spends 100$ to get one conversion and the person who spends 30$ to get one conversion can be as simple as the fact that the latter chose to figure out exactly where his sales were coming from and stop spending money on things that don't convert.

Good luck, feel free to post with more updates here!

-T

Telmari, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  20. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    You make great points! Although, I feel that I am onto something here.

As I said before, I capped my daily limit at $15 but my ads aren't being displayed $15-worth. Today, I spent $0.96 on advertising and I got a $16 sale.

In fact, I've consistently gotten sales with this particular product for the last 3 days advertising for an average of $1.77/day. I think I'm on to something here and I am going to do my best to multiply it.

I just want to get up to the $250/day mark and I will feel accomplished. :)

Perhaps then I can launch my own similar products and let other people do the selling. Believe me, I'm taking notes through this whole process -- literally. I have it well documented; what works and what doesn't work.

Sure, these 3 days might be a fluke but only time will tell. :D

scottmweaver, Jan 18, 2007 IP