1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Valueclick Media Accepted Me!!!! Need tips and advice

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by trimchic, May 20, 2011.

I applied for VCM for my websit: www.jobsfornaija.com , being very pessimistic, and was surprised when they replied, telling me they would love to approve me, but i should put the privacy policy on my site, which i did.

Now i have a question, i notice they have over 5000 advertisers, and i get to choose which ads i show on my site. I am wondering whether it would be profitable to approve only those with high ecpm to show on the site? because i feel it doesnt make sense to show ads with 0.04$ecpm, when there are ads for 15.15$ ecpm.

Any value click media user can advice? What happens if i only turn on those with high ecpm?

trimchic, May 20, 2011 IP
  2. sannu3250

sannu3250 Member

Best Answers:
    what is the ecpm for pop up ads of valueclick media dude ????

thanks in advance ..

sannu3250, May 20, 2011 IP
  3. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have used VCM in the past and with 728*90, 150*150 I was on around $1.10 ECPM.

lukey372, May 20, 2011 IP
  4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then your fill-rate wont be 100 percent. But you can always insert some default-tags like Google AdSense and set a eCPM of your choice for your default banners.

Keyser Soze, May 21, 2011 IP
  5. cricstreamer2009

cricstreamer2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    if u are looking for pop ads u can try POPADS which is easy to get in then Valueclick, they pay u daily too

cricstreamer2009, May 21, 2011 IP
  6. trimchic

trimchic Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you, my earnings yesterday went so low after i did that. All that showed up on my site were public service ads. Have turned everything back on. banned from adsense so cant use defualts. will check our binlayer now!

trimchic, May 21, 2011 IP
  7. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AdSense was just an example, you can insert whatever you want as default tags, every piece of HTML/Javascript-Code you want.

Keyser Soze, May 21, 2011 IP
  8. masm50

masm50 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Keyser Soze said, if you deselect the low paying ads then you will get a lower fill rate. If you don;t set up any defaults to show when valueClick doesn;t have an ad to display then they will show PSAs.

Very few ad networks fill 100% of your inventory anyway - so defaults are always worth setting up even if you do not delect the low paying ads.

ValueClick Media lets you set up two different types of defaults:

1 - Standard Defaults - this means that ValueClick will show all the available ads they have to your users at whatever eCPM, but if they don;t have any paying ads to show then this default will appear. You can have more than one of these defaults and split the remnant ad inventory between them via percentage weightings.

2 - Floating Defaults - this means you can set a CPM for a default and a percentage weighting, and ValueClick will show this ad instead of ads worth less than this on this own network. Basically if you are getting about $0.50 eCPM with Casale Media for leaderboards then it might be worth setting a floating default for Casale ads to be served 75% of the time instead of valueClick ads worth less than $0.50 eCPM.

If you've been accepted into ValueClick then it would also likely worth looking into Casale Media, Burst Media, and Tribal Fusion amongst others. I've done some short reviews showing the strngths and weaknesses of the better known ad networks on AdBalance (see sig) of you want a bit more info on each one.

masm50, May 26, 2011 IP
  9. boy_lx84

boy_lx84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Valueclick media is really hard to get in, congratulation

boy_lx84, May 27, 2011 IP