1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When was the last time netsafe worked for you?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by pankajnitc, May 14, 2011.

I created 3 Netsafe cards on 14th and tried them at paypal and some other sites .i am trying since yesterday but they(all 3) just refuse to work .also i got information that HDFC VCC does NOT actually need a correct billing address ,by the way i provided correct address as registered with the bank .
    Some experienced persons on DP say that netsafe does not work at all .

so i request you to post when did you use Netsafe VCC recently ???

pankajnitc, May 14, 2011 IP
  2. andhrahost

andhrahost Peon

Best Answers:
    Call HDFC and saynetsafe cards are not working! they will solve it.

andhrahost, May 14, 2011 IP
  3. teper

teper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Payments may be declined due to insufficient balance. Can you tell in which currency you are paying?

Just purchased a domain from godaddy auction.

May be the script processing netsafe payments was down :)

teper, May 14, 2011 IP
  4. pankajnitc

pankajnitc Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you sir for leting me know that it is working ...i made 7700 rs. vcc .and the order TOTAL was 150 $.script is sometimes down and somw times not

pankajnitc, May 14, 2011 IP
  5. andhrahost

andhrahost Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope .. netsafe cards are not working. YOu must call their customer care. They may be in maintainance mode.

andhrahost, May 14, 2011 IP
  6. suntuu

suntuu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Problem is still there . I talked with hdfc customer centre , even they are clueless .

suntuu, May 16, 2011 IP
  7. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I also used them yesterday. May be you are doing something wrong thats why its not working. :)

Digital_shubhi, May 16, 2011 IP
  8. suntuu

suntuu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I talked with hdfc customer care again, they said it's a known problem and it's been faced by some people from past 1 week , and they are discussing about this issue .
    And i am not doing anything wrong , i used to make lot of payments with it , i know how to use em , but this time it's just not working .

I had to make 2 very important transactions and now i am totally stuck .

suntuu, May 16, 2011 IP
  9. seogoogle

seogoogle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same problem with me :|

seogoogle, May 16, 2011 IP
  10. theonly1

theonly1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    any body try Kotak netsafe cards (Or whatever they call it)? I have used that 3 years back and it worked.
    Hope it still works!

That's why we always need backup plans!

what other Banks have netsafe type of cards which we can use by just having Saving accounts?

theonly1, May 16, 2011 IP
  11. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    its working for me ..
    i don't think there some problem with Netsafe...
    may be you are doing something wrong please check out

FreeFun4Every1, May 16, 2011 IP
  12. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    HDFC netsafe VCCs are not working since May 13 on any site. I have two accounts more than 3 years old and the VCCs generated from them are not working. Maybe it is working for new HDFC accounts? I have noticed there was a change in the VCC number and the problem began after that. Earlier the VCCs were being generated in the series 4042 760........ and now the VCCs are in the series 4042769 or 768 and so on. Ever since the 760 series has stopped, we are facing problems. If you have noted the earlier VCCs used, compare them with the new VCC numbers and let me know. Pankaj, tell me if you are also having the same problem.

adnonsense, May 16, 2011 IP
  13. pankajnitc

pankajnitc Peon

Best Answers:
    mine is a new account so i guess problem is for both . below are 3 cards i created ,which prove the point of "adnonsense"

4042 7678 **** **** 15/05/2011
    4042 7678 **** **** 14/05/2011
    4042 7688 **** **** 14/05/2011

needless to say none of them ever worked with anything (paypal, amazon, direct CC Gateways)
    i opened the account in hdfc for vcc only ,it's been 2 weeks now and i have to open account in Kotak Bank. X-(

pankajnitc, May 16, 2011 IP
  14. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    If its working for a few people, then it must be due to the different type of debit card or credit card. I have a Platinium HDFC debit card. For Kotak ecard you will need to pay 10,000 to open a account and maintain that quarterly balance. Plus, they will send the welcome kit by courier in 4-5 days and the internet pin later. So by the time we can use Kotak it will be more than one week. Hope HDFC resolves the problem before that. Let everyone know when they begin working. Thanks Pankaj.

adnonsense, May 16, 2011 IP
  15. abhimi

abhimi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right. Netsafe card starting number has changed to 4042 769X and it has started problem since then. Previously Netsafe card starting number was 4042 760X which was working without any problem.

abhimi, May 16, 2011 IP
  16. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's what it says about credit card on the net, which applies to VCCs as well.

The first 6 digits of your credit card number (including the initial MII digit) form the issuer identifier. So in HDFC's case the numbers 404276 belongs to the issuer VISA.

Digit 7 to the second last of your credit card number are your individual account identifier, which in this case is HDFC.

So the change in the individual account identifier number after 404276 shows the problems are at HDFC's end due to some technical changes they must have made.

I created a HDFC VCC this morning but it didnt work. Let me know if someone tries it later and what happens.

adnonsense, May 17, 2011 IP
  17. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I am using International Gold debit card of HDFC and its a Mastercard.
    Working well without any problems. And mine account is 2 year old.

Digital_shubhi, May 17, 2011 IP
  18. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    So that explains it. Your card issuer is Mastercard and your card as well as VCC numbers will start from 51..... That is why you are not having any problems. Thanks for your response.

19. cool_one

cool_one Peon

Best Answers:
    Big thanks to adnonsense !
    This resolved my nightmare rather easily. I was using netsafe cards derived from my visa debit card for 3 years without a single hitch till this week. Fortunately, I also have a Mastercard Credit card from HDFC and added that also to NetSafe account, and created a new VCC from the mastercard. Worked perfectly just 5 mins back. But seriously need to keep a backup option to NetSafe. Apart from Kotak's e-card any other equivalent options ?

cool_one, May 17, 2011 IP
  20. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool one, I am jealous of you! No just kidding, we are all here to help each other and its good if someone benefits from our understanding and experience because someone or the other here keeps helping me with their postings. The other options are Axis credit card and ICICI credit card. You can make VCCs using them, but will need to deposit 25000 for FD before they issue you a credit card. Opening an account with them is of no use because you cant make a VCC through their debit card. I need around 7 VCCs right now everyday and I am stuck. Hoping HDFC clears this problem soon. Anyone tried using a new HDFC netsafe VCC yet? Please do let us know the results if its working.