1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is not permitted to discuss Romania?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by gworld, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    My thread about Romania and it´s negative effects on EU has been deleted and I have got infraction point for attacking and harassing a member. Is the country Romania a member of this forum? :rolleyes:
    Isn´t time to be honest about politic/ religion section and admit some admins have been bought by some members and will give infraction and ban members according to those members desires?

gworld, May 14, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Was you thread actually about the country of Romania?

digitalpoint, May 14, 2011 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Here is the email that I received.

You can find the same type of discussion in BBC, dailymail,.... Actually if you look inside the deleted thread, you can find links to different sources.

gworld, May 15, 2011 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sounds to me like you are talking about people, not a physical country.

digitalpoint, May 15, 2011 IP
  5. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    though i don't know how true is that about Romanians, still its Quite interesting read

SSC, May 15, 2011 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is people who make the country. What other people we can´t speak about Americans, French, Italian, English,....? If I say that many Americans are over weight, does this mean that my post should be deleted and I get infraction? What happens if I say that majority of Germans were supporting Hitler and his actions during WWII, do I get infraction?
    Let´s drop the act, the only reason for deleting that thread is the fact that some of your moderators are more interested in back links than moderating this forum.

If thread was not deleted, you could even learn more by reading the sources which were linked to inside the thread.

gworld, May 15, 2011 IP
  7. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You've posted a lot false information with no other purpose then to flame me and do some smear against a nation . I've debunked your so called facts but then the entire thread started going downhill fast - probably one of the reasons it was removed .

That and the fact that you are a user that had it's fair share of bans (not infractions , but bans) . Correct me if i'm wrong but for the past 4 years it seem that you stay on DigitalPoint to try and troll people in P&R and DMOZ .

ApocalypseXL, May 15, 2011 IP
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There was an interesting debate on that thread. Just my opinion.

popotalk, May 15, 2011 IP
  9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did I mention you or any other member in my post? Is it my fault that you seem to be ashame of your country and trying to censor discussion about it´s problems? Should we put the same standard in place and don´t talk about terrorist groups in Pakistan because some members from Pakistan can be ashamed of it? If you really debunked anything then what is the problem? Don´t forget that Shawn can still look at thread and your whole contribution was your usual trolling that I responded by providing links to different news sources.

Why I stay in DP is none of your business but I think Shawn will be interested how some members buy the admins in his forum for links. The effect of this unholy alliance is the fact that PR section has lost it´s popularity and the front page of PR section can stay the same for weeks instead of changing daily as it used to. After all even if Shawn might not be interested in the discussions, he should be interested if he is going to lose members and therefore income.

gworld, May 15, 2011 IP
  10. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As the op has targeted a specific member with ethnic slurs about Romanians on a regular basis it'd require a suspension of disbelief to view that thread as any more than another thinly veiled personal attack.

If you really want to whine about enforcement of stated guidelines, maybe you should ask why staff doesnt rigidly enforce the part about making bans for such behavior permanent. Their generosity on that score is the only reason a couple of the frequent flyers on the DP ban-wagon were here to start it or respond to it.

It sets off the irony meter to see repeat beneficiaries of gaps in enforcement of that rule cry huge tears about harsh moderation.

robjones, May 15, 2011 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is not about harsh moderation, it is about back room deals which you are very familiar with. Considering your sudden interest in acting and commenting as "wise moderator" in threads, it makes me wonder if you have discover a good way of making profit from this forum by becoming a moderator. I think Shawn should be warned in such case, this will not be beneficial to anyone except you and your partners.

This is a sample of one of rob latest post attacking another member but I suppose backroom deals gives a certain immunity to infractions and bans.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
    gworld, May 15, 2011 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't surprise me that after years of trolling you simply can't recognize the difference between an attack and an objection to someone making statements that conflict with his actions.

Yes, asking someone why they'd move to (and remain in) a place they express loathing for in every thread is "an attack". Very perceptive there julien. The guy stays because it was a better place for his carpet cleaning service... So basically his complaints about the US omit the fact that it is his home by choice in order to take advantage of economic opportunities.

Again... If you want moderation to be done right
    Step 1 is to enforce the existing rule that trolls like you receive *permanent* bans, not continuous second chances. That IS the rule, and 2nd chances haven't changed your tendency to ignore guidelines.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  13. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I thought we were talking about the Romanian criminal elements and as I had just watched the tv show Border Patrol I added to the thread from info I just saw on the tele, then I got dragged into finding the links. :)
    My reply to Obamanation called upon providing my own thoughts of another particular member. Personally I didn't think it was inappropriate or improper.
    If the mods deemed that was too much and it breaks DP rules, so be it. It's not gonna kill me. NPs. On with the next thread. There's a lot more fish to fry... :)

Bushranger, May 15, 2011 IP
  14. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As a regular in P & R, it was pretty obvious to me that the thread was nothing more than a personal attack against another member (ApocalypseXL).

Rebecca, May 15, 2011 IP
  15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it was personal. It was for a specific country and the links where there. But anyway like you said Onward with next. Fry them all. (The Fish) We'll have them on a bun as fish fry.

popotalk, May 15, 2011 IP
  16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that any time you hear any discussion about Romanian criminals, you are going to associate it with this member? :rolleyes:

There are many members from Pakistan, why don´t we stop any mention of terrorism in Pakistan? There are many members from USA, we definitely should stop attacks on aggressive U.S. military actions. :rolleyes:

gworld, May 15, 2011 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean like DMOZ when selling links, exchanging favors between real estate section and adult section was rampant and many of mods making a honest profit? ;)

gworld, May 15, 2011 IP
  18. 1812

1812 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I am a huge fan of Romanians.. Listen.. to the OP, your post was rather one sided to be honest. Name me one race that doesn't have good and bad? I am from England, we have just as many idiots, if not a lot more than Romania, Pakistan, France, Germany.... etc etc.. I know some exceedingly nice Romanians, yes in the UK we have the Romanian Gypsies giving Romanians a bad name, but if you cannot see over this you are very blind my friend.. I don't think the Romanians are any more a threat to the EU economy than any other country.

1812, May 15, 2011 IP
  19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Gotta be pretty dense to rekindle a fantasy based personal attack in a thread about moderation of personal attacks.

20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think I am talking about you? Dmoz corruption is very well known subject, I can not help it if you think some how my post is about you. May be it is just a sign of guilty conscious.

gworld, May 15, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.