1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Google Ranking Signal - +1 button in search results

Discussion in 'Google' started by soopoot, Mar 31, 2011.

soopoot, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  2. aileenwuornos

aileenwuornos Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is going to be helpful to graphic designers and content producers. Real people can vote for quality sites and this should be a boost for them

aileenwuornos, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  3. bigznet

bigznet Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a well-designed website and well-written content, this will only help your website. Since those two factors are already important, I don't see it having a huge impact on results...

bigznet, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  4. rack.rd

rack.rd Peon

Best Answers:
    proxies will help every one :p

rack.rd, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  5. prasanna724

prasanna724 Peon

Best Answers:
    For unique content sites its going to be helpful. google updating new techniques for good bloggers.

prasanna724, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  6. saladflorida

saladflorida Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    soon there will be a new job posted everywhere, "like my website" and get 10$ for 1000 likes

saladflorida, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  7. enriquerojas

enriquerojas Active Member

Best Answers:
    I posted this on another thread.

The +1 won't affect ranks, the +1 won't give competitors an edge. The +1 is simple, register users can +1 a result even an adword ad. This affects SEO in a simple way, and I'll educate you. With many people using the android platform (witch requires a Google account by default) Google is pushing to make all this people connect using Buzz. Now once they are connected they will be able to see "John Doe Ranked this site". Now let's give you 2 examples, should we?

Example #1:
    User A tells User B and C to search for "Funny SEO Guy". Both user B and C search. Both ask User A witch one? User A gives a +1 to a specific site and User B and C can see this. They jump into this site right away.

Example #2:
    User A begins searching for "Funny SEO Guy", then on the SERp's he notice the last result say +1 - User X ranked this site. He jumps right into the site.

What we learned so far? That Google is little by little creating methods to take a toll on SEO. SEO is dead, been telling people this for quite a while. They laugh. But SEO is dead. Still SEO is needed but now is an option to combine with other online marketing options.

The +1 would only work with friends, it won't be just General. Otherwise it could be controlled. We will have sites with tons of +1 when they are not actually good. Google is avoiding all that. So go read and read it again.

enriquerojas, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  8. qlogixsolutions

qlogixsolutions Member

Best Answers:
    Does any one see this feature in the search result. I am yet to geta chance.It seems they are rolling it out gradually like rest of the google products.

qlogixsolutions, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  9. enriquerojas

Best Answers:
    If you join the labs you can see the experimental. But is not up yet.

enriquerojas, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  10. ldmstudio

ldmstudio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google finally implements the Like button.

ldmstudio, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  11. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think it will be any kind of helpful for the SEO or SERPs. Its just a tool which Google is coming up with to divert the minds of most of the webmasters who were the culprit of the Panda theory. Almost lot of people have lost hopes on the SEO business as eventually Google is gonna implement such Panda theories frequently which will kill the business by far way :(

China_girl, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  12. Reliable-SeoServices

Reliable-SeoServices Peon

Best Answers:
    It is still to launch...
    You can subscribe to alert when ever it will be launch.. visit here- https://services.google.com/fb/forms/plusonesignup/

Reliable-SeoServices, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  13. saqib889

saqib889 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that its a good action, because it can increase the % of spamming.

saqib889, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  14. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    a bit disagree with this. Yes, +1 would only work with friends, however google see the overall +1 they are getting and improve general SERPs based on that. For example user B and C could see user A's +1 on keyword "diet". Of course they might not be able to see user X's +1 here, but Google would adjust its SERPs on keyword "diet" based on how many +1's specific website is getting. They just won't let you know about that to avoid abuse, but they certainly will implement that...

this change is actually NOT THAT GOOD for website with good content, surely. FOr example, if you are building a new travel site, and you are currently ranked in page 2 of keyword "travel city guide" who would give a damn to visit your site and give you +1? Even though your content is good, there are always big corporates websites who have all the content. Lots of traveling websites out there are owned by big corporates and these sites will always get more +1 compared to your small sites. Tbh, not all corporate websites have good content. They have DECENT content. News websites, for example, always talk about the same issue and stuffs but they are always at the top because they have funding. For example, regular users will definitely give +1 to PCMag's macbook pro review rather than some unknown laptop blog for sure...unless your laptop blog is way more complete than PCMag and the likes (which is unlikely to happen since they can just copy everything and add user reviews, bam...you are dead)

If anyone believe Google is "favoring" our GOOD CONTENT, that guy must be dreaming. Your good content wont help you go anywhere. Nobody will give +1 to just a good content. It must be different content, unique content, plus it must be optimized in backlinks first (so you will get to first page and then see the +1 goes viral)...a good content alone will just screw you behind abusers and bigger sites.

You won't see too much unique websites like cracked.com get good ranks for its keywords. So good content ftw? Nope. Good content won't help you to win the +1 competition against bigger guys. You must have really different content in order to win or you try to abuse the system. If you search for anything about diet, you will see corporate websites providing all you want. Why made you think you can make something stand out to get all the +1's instead of all these corporate sites? WHat makes your diet site different? You have to provide unique information, you have to put less ads, you have to sell in invisible mode (not clearly put affiliate link), and you might still dont get all the +1 because they favor the corporate sites. Less money, more time, and still lose the competition. Sorry but it doesn't worth the time.

I prefer to join the black hat bandwagon. Yeah google is smart but everything is possible. There are even spywares for mac os x even though the number is small. You just have to think outside the box :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
    wokaka, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  15. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like a confession of that the latest algo change doesn't work well as intended.

makeit easy, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  16. enriquerojas

Best Answers:
    Dude, from the hundred of posters in DP you seen very smart. So I am glad we can have nice conversation.

What I can see is that having +1 affect the serp's goes against all that google have fought all this years. They brought PR out and you where able to manipulate it, then they took importance out. Does the +1 might have some influences and could be manipulated? Maybe. Only time will tell. For the moment the hot thing is the reviews. I think Google is trying to convert the review rating into something more popular attached to the +1.

I am still skeptical on the GOOD CONTENT thing. I work on various different markets and only a handful shifted, not all. I still see sites with bad content, bad structures rank high.

But only time will tell where we going with Google.

enriquerojas, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  17. John_Marshal

John_Marshal Peon

Best Answers:
    decent traffic generator for the quality content blog.. and it supports the users opinion in certain sense.. really a good tool for the good websites other then the junkies...

John_Marshal, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  18. farhan0102

farhan0102 Peon

Best Answers:
    we have to use proxy which help us

farhan0102, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  19. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably just another thing that will be taken advantage of and manipulated somehow. Big popular sites may get 1000 +1's where a lower traffic site may get 5 +1's, and the smaller site could actually be better who knows. It does seem like they are wanting people to signup or login to google somehow as is says: The next time Brian’s friend Mary is signed in and searching on Google and your page appears, she might see a personalized annotation letting her know that Brian +1’d it. So Brian’s +1 helps Mary decide that your site is worth checking out.

I am getting a little tired of google's changes and ideas lately.

gameutopia, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  20. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is good step for websites and Google. It will make webmasters to be conscious of their contents and websites and offer informative contents too. So websites that have good content will be happy about this new Google implementation.

chinasa, Apr 2, 2011 IP