1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips to Survive The Google Panda Algorithm Updates

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ajayseo, Mar 29, 2011.

Hi,

As you Know Earlier on 24th Feb 2011, a major search engine algorithm update by Google on how it ranks sites was announced that has affected 12% of search results and halved many sites’ visitor numbers. Named the Google "Farmer or Panda" Update it’s only affecting US Google results as I write but if you’re outside the US it is coming to you soon.

Follow these steps if Your Site was Panda Slapped?

• Follow what Google suggests: “If you believe you’ve been impacted by this change you should evaluate all the content on your site and do your best to improve the overall quality of the pages on your domain. Removing low quality pages or moving them to a different domain could help your rankings for the higher quality content.“
    • Get rid of any possible duplicate content from within your site. Make use of the robots.text to block Google’s bot from scrolling your categories, tags and any other page that might appear as duplicate content.
    • To help Google bots to get rid of the www and http://www confusion, add “rel=canonical” tags to block either of these versions of your URL structure.
    • Find out the pages that are affected the most by the Google Panda Update and if these pages have a higher volume of duplicate content then rewrite and tweak them to make them unique.
    • Stay away of too much advertisements on any particular page. The ratio of content vs. advertisement seem to have an impact on the overall ranking here.
    • Find out how much of your site (% of pages) is constituted by your lowest quality pages and consider using 301 redirects to point them at the best and high quality pages of your site.
    • Even if this doesn’t seem important, make sure you edit and ease up any pages that are ‘over optimized‘ [aka 'keyword-stuffed' in an desperate attempt to rank higher].
    • Work towards a faster and higher quality site/blog that the readers would find informative, filled with quality editorial content and easy to navigate.
    • For all those photo or video-centric sites or blogs out there, try ensuring that you include some meaningful textual content (related to the images) along with your photo/video galleries.
    • To survive the loss in traffic caused by this Google Panda Update, opt for social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. Try using these social media platforms to direct traffic to your business site and build up your brand presence.
    • If you’re sure your site is ‘Google friendly’ and still it was ‘Panda-hit’, let Google know about this mistake but if you’d ask me, don’t expect much out of this.

If Any Body know more information about panda updates please let me know....

ajayseo, Mar 29, 2011 IP
    SEOTranslator likes this.
  2. john66

john66 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, those points are mostly correct, one of my blogs which promotes Amazon products suddenly jumped on the first page of Google SERP on various keywords after the Panda/Farmer update maybe because the quality of the content, although it's just a Blogger blog.

john66, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  3. quiosys

quiosys Guest

Best Answers:
    In all the serious website owners needs to fasten their seat belts the panda update was good i agree that most of the unwanted websites which has very less content poor quality links are posted every where on the website result in loss of rankings.

To take a precautionary measure the website owner need to revise their strategy by making necessary technical corrections, improving the quality of back links i must say go for relevancy and the quality content don't target page rank as we all know Google does not show the actual page rank of web pages.

Thanks,
    AG

quiosys, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  4. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Aquarezz, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  5. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been covered so many times, I doubt we need yet another thread for it. Nice list, but the bottom line is actually very simple. The engines have now pretty much all instituted syntactical error flagging. If your page has really badly spun or badly written content, it ain't ranking anymore. Tip - cheap collaborative spinners used in auto mode ALWAYS inject enormous numbers of grammatical boo-boos into your text. You are a search engine. You detect such a page (which is incredibly cheap computationally - you don't have to cross reference the page with a trillion shingles on other pages, for a start). You can assume it's either (a) incredibly badly written or (b) a hopelessly badly spun collaborative spinner 'steal' from an original piece of content which is already in your index.

Either way, you don't need to bother ranking it

As an example, here's what a collaborative spinner does to the above, in 'best' mode.

This has been enclosed such a large number of times, I question we require yet a different string for it. Superb record, but the main concern is as a matter of fact particularly basic. The motors have now basically all initiated grammatical lapse hailing. In the event that your page has blatantly severely rotated or severely composed matter, it ain't ranking anymore. Tip-economical community spinners utilized in robo mode ALWAYS infuse huge various phonetic mistakes into your words. You are an internet searching tool. You catch quite a page (which is unbelievably modest computationally-you don't need to cross reference the page with a trillion shingles on alternate pages, for a begin). You are able to collect its either (an) inconceivably seriously composed or (b) an appallingly gravely turned community spinner 'steal' from an initial piece of substance which is at present in your record.

Either way, you don't ought to plague ranking it

edit - here's what the 'queen' of free spinners does to it :-=) :) :)

This has been covered hence many times, I doubt we need nevertheless another screw thread for it. Nice lest, but the bottom line is actually very simple. The locomotive engines have directly pretty much all brought syntactic erroneousness drooping. If your page has genuinely poorly span out or gravely indited message, it ai n't superior anymore. Crest - inexpensive collaborative spinners used in car fashion ALWAYS inject tremendous numbers of grammatic fuckups into your text. You are a search engine. You observe such a page (which is fantastically trashy computationally - you do n't have to traverse reference book the page with a trillion shingles on other pages, for a start). You can adopt it's either (a) unbelievably severely indited or (B complex vitamin) a dispiritedly badly span out collaborative spinner 'steal' from an original pice of substance which is already in your index.

(B vitamin) Either means, you do n't want to nark grading it (type b).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    contentboss, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  6. jacksamwhite

jacksamwhite Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips in this thread about Panda update. People outside USA should alert of this because Panda gone global wef 1th April 2011 for all English using countries. You can read the update on googlewebmastercentral which says: http://goo.gl/dPf14

jacksamwhite, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  7. 4little1s.com

4little1s.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, very helpful.

4little1s.com, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  8. beoding

beoding Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tips. verry helpfull for me

beoding, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  9. ethandavis

ethandavis Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice Tips. Thanks for sharing

ethandavis, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  10. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    Good summary. + rep. added.

SEOTranslator, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  11. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    something new and different tips here on DP, many thanks...

simple007, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  12. searchtechword

searchtechword Peon

Best Answers:
    @ajayseo you missed the most important factor after Panda update...
    The loading speed of your site. Faster the loading speed, higher the rank. So get rid of unncessary stuff on your pages which slows down the loading of your site.
    Another important factor is the quality of back links you get. Few links from Authoritative sites are more than enough than 100s of back links from ordinary sites.

More about after effects of Google Panda update

searchtechword, May 25, 2011 IP
  13. flanagan

flanagan Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Awesome post . Keep it

flanagan, May 26, 2011 IP
  14. xavianer

xavianer Active Member

Best Answers:
    xavianer, May 27, 2011 IP
  15. ajayseo

ajayseo Member

Best Answers:
    :) Thanks every one for nice conversation, keep it going... thanks again :)

ajayseo, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  16. JoshMiller

JoshMiller Peon

Best Answers:
    Before going through this post i had no idea about the google panda update as i never tried to know about it. But you post have given me some update that what is happening around and should know about it. Thanks for the post. I will get some more details about it and will be back with some more information.

JoshMiller, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  17. krikie

krikie Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, some good information here. Some things not covered anywhere else

krikie, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  18. LilyEntrust

LilyEntrust Peon

Best Answers:
    this was really helpful. thanks. definitely making our tag / category pages no-index. thanks!

LilyEntrust, Jun 26, 2011 IP