1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The BETTER way?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TheBen, Jan 4, 2007.

Hi community ;) ,

i hope this is the right section, i did use the search but i didn't find anything so far..

I wonder, if it is better to create 10-... "small" Websites or if it is besser to create 1 or 2 "BIG" Websites.

Alot of members here have got a couple of websites and they earn "much" money with adsense for example. But there are also members which have just one or two BIG websites and they earn also "much" money. Do you think that making 2 BIG Websites is as hard as making a couple of small Websites?

Thank you for your answer and i hope that you can understand my english :p.

Greetz

TheBen, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  2. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on your personal preferences. You're going to find people on both sides of the issue. The best way to start is with one web site, and once you feel it's developed, start working on another. Just make sure that you don't neglect your original ;)

Tyler Banfield, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  3. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's best to concentrate on 1-2 BIG sites - that's where most earnings come from.

For a start, I think it's best to start with several small sites.... then slowly build up one (or two) of them, whichever you think have the potential to grow.

Then, you can focus your attention on that one site to make it big.

nks, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  4. nstewart

nstewart Peon

Best Answers:
    10 small websites with different topics, because if 1 get's done you still have 9 ;)

Best Regards,
    Nick STEWART

nstewart, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  5. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    from my own experience: it's best to create 2 big different site. the idea is to bring as MUCH traffic as you could to these two sites. After you think you have enough traffic (in the range of 2K per day), you should diversity and start building smaller site and have links from the bigger site.

that works for me and i have earn most $$ from the two big sites I have. It's easier to bring in more traffic to just one or two sites rather than to bring traffic to the whole 10 or 20 sites.

-toby.

toby, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  6. sbongo

sbongo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should create many sites.It's not about how much money you can make with the amount of sites but it's rather that many sites produce much stable income.
    You should use different income sources(adsense,affiliate programs,private link sales) for your sites because for eg. if one's policy changes,your income may get hit by the changes.

sbongo, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  7. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing to do is build several websites around a core brand. That way all of the sites, even the lesser income generators, contribute to the overall well being of the whole and gain strenght from each other.

bunnybling, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  8. TheBen

TheBen Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for your postings, i will use Adsense and i will sell text-links .. so i think that i have to concentrate to get "good" traffic and get a high pr.

TheBen, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  9. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    TheBen - it might also be worth considering producing your own info-
    product, depending on the niche you're going into. Advertising isn't the
    only way to make money online :)

WillB, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  10. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That's a good question, and I think I'm finally even finding the answer for myself. I have too many Websites to manage right now (about 7), so none of them are really growing. My advice is to focus on one or two really big ones.

The Stealthy One, Jan 4, 2007 IP