1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Account Sabotaged: I've Been Booted!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by www.AmCy.org, Jul 5, 2005.

Hello All:

Well, someone has sabotaged my AS account. I just got an email from G:

So now I find myself in the same boat as all those scammers out there who cheat the system and get banned, and I'm quite disappointed. It's not the money: my AS earnings were a supplement to my overall income. It's the fact that I've been banned and I don't think that G did a proper investigation. If they did, they would not have banned me.

G might reinstate my account at some point, but I am not holding my breath, because I did nothing wrong, and I am too old to let something like this kill my spirit. I am not at all comfortable with the whimsical nature of my termination, and if my account is banned forever then perhaps it is for the best. After all, if I were reinstated, I would constantly have to worry about being sabotaged and banned again, and that's not a good thing. I'm an honest man and I like--no, I deserve--peace of mind in my business dealings. Plain and simple.

And imagine: I was the guy who was always posting messages like, "have faith in the system's ability to recognize the real scammers." Can someone please pass me the ketchup so that I can get started on eating those words? Thanks!

I have a pretty good idea who is behind this sabotage, and I am taking appropriate action. I wonder how many websites there are around the 'Net that teach people how to get someone's AS account disabled? Hmmm...

So, good luck to the rest of you. I've enjoyed discussing AS with everyone in here, and I've learned a lot in this great forum. Of course, I have no business chatting in here because I have no AS account, so hopefully I'll connect with you all again when the Y! version goes live.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 5, 2005 IP
    david_sakh, Infiniterb and thebassman like this.
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that and hope it gets worked out with the big G.

GuyFromChicago, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  3. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Surely if you explain to them whats happened they can track to see who has been causing the clicks, least it shows you were not apart of this?

Or is it a case of what google says goes?

JP

J.P, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  4. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    No offence AmCy but can say if you earn x, xx, xxx, xxxx per month
    I guess/presume google would only take such unrestricted and absolute action against the low end of publishers without warnings/investigations, just for info.

sji2671, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  5. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sorry to hear about your misfortune. i would definitely complain just for the fact of being banned and state your case. Worse-case scenario they do nothing but atleast you have told your side of the story.

:)

Juls, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  6. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    If that's the way it is then I'll move on and wish G AS publishers and advertisers good luck. It's a great program, but somewhat easy to manipulate, as evidenced by my termination.

AmCy

7. blackpudding

blackpudding Peon

Best Answers:
    Bummer! I hope you get this sorted out with the G-man, I'm sure they didn't mean to lose an honest Adsenser.

I'd be gutted if it happened to me now :(

Cheers
    BP

blackpudding, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  8. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is exactly what I've been complaining about.

yo-yo, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  9. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    It is, but they do not hold an enviable position when they try and protect the advertiser and the publisher, its a big operation. It's no easy job, but in saying that I think its shitty that you lost your account because some twat abused your adverts.

sji2671, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  10. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Yes, I hear you. I have replied to G termination email twice. Hopefully they will investigate further. If not, then I'll just have to take my business elsewhere.

I'll keep this group apprised of any developments.

AmCy

11. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    AS is a great program; if you fly straight, you should be OK. But if you take anything from my situation let it be this: paranoid is good when it comes to AS, meaning if I had kept all my sites secret and not shared my sites in forums like this one, I don't think I would be in this situation.

Let's see how long it takes for the ads to disappear from my sites (see the links in my signature.)

AmCy

12. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That sucks. I hope things work out for you. It's really sad how you have to be secretive about these things. You'd think Google would simply disallow clicks from an obvious IP that's repeatedly clicking on ads.

Infiniterb, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    How can your account get sabotaged? What do you mean with that?

fryman, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  14. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    I think he means that invalid clicks caused is a/c to be terminated.
    A malicious person could do it to any small publisher.

sji2671, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  15. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Yup, sure is.

They have such technology in place. Every once in a while, I would see a click that would pay $0.00. Sometimes I was able to isolate the IP, and I often found that these clicks came from certain regions in China (I've posted about this previously.)

But I think if they see too many clicks that they deem "suspicious" they'll simply cancel the account and ask questions later. What is G's definition of "suspicious"? Who knows.

AmCy

16. tom22

tom22 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's too bad to hear. I hope you get it all sorted out and get your account back!

tom22, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  17. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Playing Devils Advocate, is it possible you are having a joke played on you?

I mean, I get "Your Pay Pal Account has been disabled" and "Your E Bay Account is suspended" emails all the time. Have you written(not replied to the suspicious emails) and asked for a confirmation?

Just asking,

tom

TommyD, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  18. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    If someone wanted to sabotage your account, they could just click, click and keep on clicking on your ads. They could even visit a library and continue to click on your ads, so as to fool the G algo.

AmCy

19. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    It's a good question, and: yes, it was the first thing I suspected. So as soon as I got the termination email, I tried to login to AS, at which point I got the following:

AmCy

20. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, IMHO I would write a letter asking for details, why they suspect fail clicks were commited, and how can you help them clear things up.

Good Luck,

tom

P.S. I'm seeing "You are not authorized to view this page" where your ads use to be. :(

TommyD, Jul 5, 2005 IP