1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain rights issue with bloomberg

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by RECEP, Dec 13, 2010.

Hello, l own the bloombergtr.com
    bloomberg just sent me a message at the attachment.
    I live in turkey, and l dont know if what legally they can do to me if l dont transfer the domain to them.
    I can sell the domain, but l dont want to giwe them free.
    bloomberg always buying its country extentions, not like bloombergjp.com or bloombergfr.com
    well l want to know if can l see the domain to them if they pay me?
    what can l do? waiting replies..

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
    RECEP, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They could sue you and/or take the domain via a WIPO/UDRP (it doesn't matter where you live). Offering to sell it to them can be used as evidence of a bad faith registration. Bottom line - if they want the domain, they can take it without paying you anything. Don't register domains with trademarks in them - especially when the usage competes with their rights. Adding letters to the mark doesn't mean it isn't trademark infringement.

mjewel, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  3. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what if l transfer my domain to a domain registerer in hongkong or else country that doesnt have internet laws?

RECEP, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  4. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter where it is registered. ICANN is a US company that follows US law. All they need to do if file a UDRP action against you to recover the domain. Privacy whois protection won't help either.

mjewel, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  5. 00dacousin

00dacousin Peon

Best Answers:
    If you offer to sell it they might give you something for it, if you don't then they might take it anyway so possibly worth a go. Of course if you could prove you had registered it for a legitimate purpose such as that being your name there is less they can do and they would probably offer to buy it but offering to sell it could damage your position in this case.

00dacousin, Dec 16, 2010 IP