1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Exchange Emails

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kontakt, Oct 24, 2010.

So earlier today I got an email from xraider with the following details:

Sender: John Stahl <xraider@xraider.com>
    Subject: FW: partnership with mayacreative.com?
    Content:

So, excited as I am to add my link, I later found out that the page link section is javascript/script based. Not a dofollow, not even a lowly nofollow link, but javascript based. Found here: http://www.xraider.com/links/index.php

So my point in this thread is, if your intent to link exchange is to actually "get better google rankings, when we exchange links." as he pointed out on his email, then the most someone can do, I guess as an ethical webmaster, is to inform your partner of what he is actually getting.

Whats more disturbing in this email is that the website itself aims for "the last lesson in search engine optimization (SEO) that you'll ever need..." - guess what, I don't believe you xraider!

Just flashing out my disgust on dishonest webmasters and I guess a warning to those who intend to follow suit that such business practice is frowned upon.

Also, I'd like to solicit your suggestions on how to handle this kind of practices ?

kontakt, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  2. premiumwriting

premiumwriting Peon

Best Answers:
    I generally ignore these people, although sometimes I bother to take a few minutes to tell them where to go. What on Earth is the "reverse Google PageRank algorithm"? He's just plucking words out of thin air - a bunch of nonsense designed to trick people who aren't in the know about SEO into giving away a link. You could go ahead and report him to Google, although I don't know that there's much they can do about the email itself - but they would no doubt be interested in his dodgy SEO practices, and if he's bad enough they may ban his site.

premiumwriting, Oct 25, 2010 IP