1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CNN Listings in DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Blogmaster, Jun 26, 2005.

Almost every CNN listing that is listed in DMOZ, is coming up with a "Page moved" results page on cnn.com

Wouldn't is be best to delist all cnn.com urls and have a cnn.com search box on top of every DMOZ page?

btw I am half kidding and half serious. Any sort of input would be appreciated.

Mike

Blogmaster, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    This just shows once again the "quality" of DMOZ editors

fryman, Jun 26, 2005 IP
    noppid likes this.
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are missing the point, read the editor's response here. Every time that you mention why a one page web site has hundreds of listing in DMOZ, their answer is, look CNN has so many listing too, do you mean CNN listing is corrupt? There is nothing wrong with a editor list his/her site hundreds of times because it is less than the number of links CNN has.:eek:

gworld, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  4. ziandra

ziandra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any listing that comes up with a "page moved" result should have the link fixed or delisted. That I believe is their policy. I don't read their forums much but I think I read that their spider is borken.

ziandra, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I got a red rep for this posting with comment "stupidest posting" but it does not surprise me because the other red rep that I got in past was because I didn't believe in Satan stories. It just proves religious fanatics and DMOZ fanatics have a lot in common, mainly the lack of ability to think.:)

gworld, Jun 26, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, I've found that the DMOZ editors are very active red reppers, gworld. Perhaps you could conclude that they've resorted to that because they've run out of logical arguments or data to refute what you're saying.

minstrel, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can't wait until DMOZ serves no real purpose like the rest of the directories out there. (When google no longer received any data from them it will be good.) I am listed in Dmoz in most cases, but the directory being used as such doesn't happen much.

Sorry, to those who steal use dmoz to find things, I just find it easier to let a Search engine do the searching.

debunked, Jun 26, 2005 IP
    noppid and minstrel like this.
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ has a real purpose?:confused: do you mean something else beside being used for getting higher PR in Google?:)

You don't need to be sorry for people who still use DMOZ, since nobody does.

gworld, Jun 26, 2005 IP
    noppid likes this.