1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Font display program

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sji2671, Jun 25, 2005.

Does anyone know of or feel that it would be viable to build a program based online that displayed user defined text in a variety of fonts and output them as images?

Its for a tattoo website so displaying input text,words,names in a variety of custom fonts would be really appealing, however I do not know whether it's either available of possible to build/run on a shared hosting account.

Any input would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Scott

sji2671, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  2. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    There is probably already one out there, though I haven't looked. It would be very easy to write one yourself if you know a little PHP, I could probably point you at a couple of tutorials if you need.

dct, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  3. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Thanks, no I would have to put the project to rentacoder or something, certainly pay someone to make it however I wanted to see whether anyone knew if one was available or possible before thinking about putting it out to tender.

sji2671, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  4. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It can certainly be done. myfonts.com does it. You input the text you want in any font and it renders it.

mjewel, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  5. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I know a few people looking for projects to do, let me know exactly what you want and I'll see if we can do you a freebie :)

dct, Jun 25, 2005 IP
    sji2671 likes this.
  6. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Wow DCT, cool , I don't mind paying if you have someone.

myfonts.com does it, however it would be cool if it could be done on one page/interface.

A display method or scroll box that lets visitors see the fonts, highlight/choose a font/font size and then a text entry box.

Fonts that can be updated/added/removed and the output being something they can save so an image display that users can be directed to right click and save as.

Wouldn't want the images/output saved or stored though just displayed.
    That would be all the functionality it needed.

sji2671, Jun 26, 2005 IP