1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Virpus.com VPSes - Dishonest at the least, but was I scammed?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by GMROCKS, Aug 19, 2010.

Hello, a week ago I ordered a U-Elite semi-managed VPS from Virpus.com. I needed to get a VPS set up that day, and they offered instant activation. This VPS was supposed to be for the website of my employer. Virpus did not set the account up until the next morning, at which point I discovered that they only gave me 512 MB of guaranteed RAM rather than the 2048 MB advertised.

At this point, I was quite disappointed in the service, and I really needed to start setting up the server. I ordered a VPS from a more experienced company.

After I got the new VPS up, I canceled the service and politely asked for a refund, which I qualified for, even though their "7-day money back guarantee" is conditional to this point, according to their Terms Of Service:
    Here is a copy of the ticket that I opened and the discussions therein.

My company does not want the money back, I have been reimbursed, but what can I do since I have been so unfairly untreated? No one should have to deal with this.

Your input will be appreciated,

-Gabe

GMROCKS, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Dispute your credit card, and explain to them you did not get what was advertised.
    Credit Cards work for consumers, not hosting, no matter how good their TOS is...
    apthost.com is very reliable, and they have it all from shared, VPS, SEMI and dedicated.

dscurlock, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  3. jmimic

jmimic Peon

Best Answers:
    This should be a lessoned learned, thank you for sharing your story.
    I normally recommend host who will give me a refund no questions asked, because they respect me.
    Obviously, VIRPUS does not respect their customers, and I stand strong to that, as 7+ days and counting I haven't recieved a reply to my ticket, and now they delete it.

jmimic, Oct 15, 2010 IP