1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPA Lead Account Terminated Wrongly!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by PurpleHaze, Aug 2, 2010.

Two days ago i tried logging into my cpalead account and i get:

"We regret to inform you that your CPAlead account has been terminated due to the following reason(s):

Violation of TOS Adult Content"

I have never published adult content in my life, i was running completely legit widgets, no fake content, nothing against their TOS.

I've tried emailing appeals, jeremy and john bailey, i've also tried phoning them (which costs a lot of money as im from the UK) but all i get is an answer phone for every single department.

What is going on here? I have over £250 ($400) of unpaid earnings, and im losing money each day.

I havn't broke any of their terms of service, i certainly have not ran any adult content. If i wanted to run adult content i would use their adult content network.

This is outrageous, and must clearly be a glitch in their system that is terminating completely legit accounts.

PurpleHaze, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  2. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    This may of been because you had some sort of link to an adult website on your site?

EvanP, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  3. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Nope not a glitch. And I'm sick of people acting like they didn't do anything wrong, when they know what they did wrong. PM me your publisher ID and your name and I will post the evidence here for everyone to see.

CPALeadTroy, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  4. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of customer service attitude is this?
    You're calling me a liar and insinuating that i'm doing something wrong before you've even been able to check my account?
    This is incredible, i am with some of the most respected affiliate networks in the industry and i have never been spoken to like this before in my life.

I will happily send you my name and id number, and then i will happily let you break the international data protection act by posting my niche and private information which is stored electronically on your system.

5. USaffiliate

USaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to call them and ask for more clarification why this has happened.

Phone (866) 996-4666

USaffiliate, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  6. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    Well now you have been spoken to like this. If you want customer service, don't break our TOS.

7. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Member

Best Answers:
    Check my first post, i've tried phoning them numerous times and always get an answer phone for every department.

8. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Member

Best Answers:
    I havn't broken your TOS, so please refrain from saying i have!

9. USaffiliate

Best Answers:
    Sorry! Seems like I replied a bit late...

10. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Member

Best Answers:
    That's cool :)

11. forumhuh

forumhuh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Really professional Troy. Regardless of what I think of CPALead I always thought you carried yourself above this, I guess I was wrong

forumhuh, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  12. USaffiliate

Best Answers:
    Hey Troy,

I don't think it's nice to speak to the publisher like this, could be you're having a bad day or something, but he made efforts to make $250 in your network, for some affiliates it takes time and efforts and sweat to generate $1 dollar, for some it might take 1 day, but try to see it from his perspective, I don't think it's fair to get upset on him, he's the one who's upset for generating geneuine profit for his side and gets his account shut down like that.

I think you should do the right thing, just speak to him through PMs or through any other media that is applicable for you two and just solve the problem, in my point of view it seems like the publisher has really done nothing wrong, he's just wanting to get paid for what he worked for, I think it's fair enough to give him some more explanation.

13. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    troy keep up the great work and continue cleaning up cpalead. keep your strong stance against people like this who cant follow the rules

14. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more, except i havn't broken the rules!

15. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    I sincerely apologize to you PurpleHaze, your account has been reinstated. Please forgive me for my frustration, the last 15 accounts I was begged to look into were all a complete waste of my time. Your account is clean, it was flagged because it had adult wording, but the video content was not adult.

16. fole13

fole13 Member

Best Answers:
    Troy i also think my account is terminated wrongly please check it i send you id on pm now

fole13, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  17. forumhuh

forumhuh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Congratz Purplehaze

forumhuh, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  18. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, i respect that there are shady publishers that you have to weed out and mistakes like this do happen.
    But as i said in my pm always try and see things from a publishers point of view.

For instance to get this cpalead campaign of mine to become successful i had to invest money into seo software upwards of $700 so when situations like this occur it can really have a massive effect on the publisher.

But once again thank you for re-instating my account, and i accept your apology fully.

:)

19. USaffiliate

Best Answers:
    Well done! :)
    You've done the right thing from the ethic side of this for sure!
    (I assume also from the general side of it likewise)

20. tmselbor

tmselbor Peon

Best Answers:
    i have been terminated by CPALead for the same reason, i lost $8158 as my July earnings. I have been emailing all the people of CPALead and none of them are replying. I need explanation why my account has been terminated and why should i not be paid for my earnings. If i have violated (which i did not) they should provide the proof for that before terminating the account. $8K is serious money, i work hard for it. I spent sleepless nights optimizing my site to have respectable amount of traffic. It is so UNFAIR to terminate account WITHOUT DUE PROCESS.

i had also learned that many of the publishers are experiencing the same thing. i am starting to think that CPALead is a BIG SCAM

tmselbor, Aug 4, 2010 IP