1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange SERPs Results in Yahoo Today

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Valkerie, Jul 3, 2010.

I've managed to rate really well on Yahoo for several small sites.

I check my search terms daily, and for Yahoo I find myself fluctuating between page 1 and page 4 for my main keyword.

Whenever I drop to page 4, I notice social network profile spam pages in the number 1, 2 and 3 positions. (And Ezine Articles.) When I say spam ... no content, but 27K links to a profile page for a music sharing site is not natural, really not natural.

(Did I mention this niche is very competitive.)

The dot com 1 word name in this niche who should be at number 1 is at number 6 with about 400 legitimate links. These SERPs are flipping back and forth almost hourly.

Their main distributer, who has about 4K worth of legitimate links from affiliates is buried somewhere on page two.

These are not Bing results. So I can't blame it on system integration. And several of my Yahoo page 1 sites disappeared from the Yahoo results today.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Valkerie, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  2. martyhoward

martyhoward Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just noticed the same thing. My site has dropped to page 2 and 3 from 1 depending on the keyword.

martyhoward, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  3. asejm3

asejm3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am stunned to find out that all 4 sites of mine that used to be on the first page are gone today and i noticed Yahoo have replaced them with none index pages that are not so relevant sites. Does anybody know what is happening with Yahoo?
    No wonder Google's dominance continue to surpass them because of the way Yahoo handle their algorithm. Yahoo will just continue to lose its marketshare against Google for this reason and Bing has actually to come in the picture to rescue the company before it gets worse.

asejm3, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  4. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, the sites in question have crept up to second page results in Google also and are killing my long tailed keywords in all three search engines.

Considering how much advertising money is being spent in this niche, this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back in terms of forum links. It's just so blatant.

Then again, do the search engines care?

Valkerie, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  5. ckeating01

ckeating01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Since yesterday, my Google Analytics shows that I am getting a ton of visitors coming to my site from Yahoo. I'm not sure if I believe these numbers because the phone isn't ringing anymore than usual and my positioning doesn't seem all that great.

ckeating01, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  6. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are strange, that your rankings are being replaced by irrelevant sites, maybe its only temporary as Yahoo is trying to update their algorithms

zurpit.com, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  7. geekepic

geekepic Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a similar issue. I have a website on a subdomain that was doing exceptionally well on Yahoo, Google and Bing... Google is still fine, but all my pages save the home page fell out of the index for Bing & Yahoo. Literally overnight. I was linking to the website from my blog... and took that link down awhile ago, but I seriously don't think that is the reason. I will try putting it back in and see what happens.

geekepic, Jul 9, 2010 IP