1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much are YOU worth?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dyadvisor, Jun 30, 2010.

How much are YOU worth?

-----------------------a learning & discussion post--------------------------

Learn How Article Evaluation Determines Your Worth

First lets set the vision straight, by changing the word buyer to client. Buyers often merely means best price shopper. As an independent article writer you are running your own business. Since you are not selling a manufactured product off the shelf, your buyer should be called a client. The client depending upon what they are selling is looking for either customers or clients. The article's power leads to sales or new clients.

For most writers, time never remains still, instead it merely washes you away from the shoreline. Like a small wounded fish you drift back and forth, after being thrown back in by a fisherman seeking a worthy catch. The client jumps from article writer to another thinking his customer bait is fine. Well, is your client one of the 97% of internet businesses that do not turn a profit? Is this really a client, or someone biding time making $50.00 and laying out five?

Zestfully eager with the dollar signs tattooed on the chest, the money hunter uses article writers as fair game. Cheap as a tapeworm that devours garbage articles, while gaining just enough nourishment to keep leaching more. Little concern is given for failing article writers drowning like rats, each like a corpse cuddled with fingers outstretched reaching too late for opportunity gone past.

Can you detect these clients because they have a face tempered like steel emitting sparks from an anvil? No, but they have a website. Here lies the answer to how much your article is worth. The client often use articles to promoting a Clickbank type product. Unlock your answer, by peeking inside the vault. Simply use the combination of the CTRL key and U key. Hidden inside the maze of code lies the product description giveaway. As many are resellers, you are looking for the word clickbank or even a product code.

Google, the findings such as a product code. Then search for the words 'affiliate commission'. If it is a Clickbank product type in the words, such as: Clickbank chicken coop, and there is your mystery egg. Cost is $60, commission is 75%. That means every sale is worth $45.00. 10% of this egg's value is $4.50. That is exactly what your article is worth. At least in the eyes of the sweat shop client.

Using logic you cannot think like untrained lap dogs, barking into the misty mirage hoping fortune would find them. The buyer of half-baked stuffed potato articles, knows placing bout any article on this article directory, should get 200 readers, where 5% click over to the website, to the deal of the century. One of five buy, 2 sales made, $90 profit minus $4.50 for slaving writers returns $85.50 per article placed.

Now you have to determine if this is a draconian buyer or prospective client. Sure $9.00 should have been the price. However eagerly awaiting orders are a group pack of cutthroats lowering prices like spoiled milk. Knowing you are more worthy, you have three choices. The first is to join the band of gypsies. Or you realize that if this is a ruthless king, do not bow down, but move on. The last is taking command by proving the superior results your services have brought other clients.

As a talented writer with some mastery of keywords and the art of writing while injecting interesting creativity, how much are you worth? Prove it right now. Any curiosity of effectively providing proof and doubling your earnings at the same time?

A blue honey glow of the Mediterranean sea gave way to silhouettes of those fools still fishing for unfulfilled dreams in the deep waters below. Meanwhile...

To be continued...

dyadvisor, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  2. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you feel that $4.50 an article is a good rate. What do you feel is?

Are you happy with what you are currently being paid?--------------------------

dyadvisor, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  3. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I am worth I will never get paid :D

Kraven2, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  4. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it should be "I will never get paid what I am worth" :p

omarabid, Jun 30, 2010 IP
    YMC likes this.
  5. snarke

snarke Peon

Best Answers:
    First, no I do not think that $4.50 is a good rate for an article. :)

Second, I agree: I won't ever get paid what I am worth. :)

snarke, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  6. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Although, there are only 3 responses at this time, they all mention the same concept. That is that they will never get paid what they are worth. I did, but that is not the point at all.

These writers are at the best possible point of thinking. My terminology is called "happy discontent." They love writing, and are far above average writers. All see forward moving careers. Now careers is a big word of weight. Most of the content writers of articles, feel writing is a job. I view job as leaning toward temporary, as in, at the current time it is the best place to earn money. The career person however is inwardly happy with what they are not doing.

So how does discontent come in? Happy discontent, means you know there is more out there, you have not yet reached it. As I successful? No, not in the true meaning, and never will be, as success is a destination never reached.
    These writing have admitted truthfully that they are on a journey forward. There is an inner desire, not for ego, but one of self accomplishment. All may be at different steps, but that does not matter. They realize absolutely no one has all the answers and that success is the journey, not the destination point.

This type of individual is a business leader, and has left the sheep behind. I do not know if they will ever be paid enough. I do know however, that you have to place in your mind that you are worth more. Never settle for thinking you have reached your peak. That shines through to clients. Customers/buyers/clients that are professional seek these happy discontent people. I agree wholeheartedly with them. I was suddenly permanently disabled in my prime. If it was not my aim for the stars attitude, today I would have nothing.

So congratulations to all of you in being happy discontent, feeling that you currently are not getting paid what you are worth. There is also room in the many facets of writing for people that feel that way, as they in their own manner also keep their eyes open for learning and opportunities yet to be uncovered.

dyadvisor, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  7. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, $4.5 is not good enough for any original and readable content.

About the question "How much am I worth" , I would say that I am only worth of what I am earning right now. Okay, let me explain this to you. I believe that a person gets what he/she gets and deserves what he/she gets. If I think I am worth more, I would make sure I get that, if I can't manage to do so, it means I am not good enough to deserve it. I need to ensure that I grab hold of what I think I deserve instead of hoping that somebody somewhere will recognize my worth.

I think I am worth more and I will make sure that I deserve it too ;)

Let's see what you guys think of that :)

WebBuddy, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  8. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My "worth" fluctuates hour by hour and varies with my moods and condition. Some times, I feel like I am worth a few hundred dollars, and at some other times, I feel pretty worthless.

Nevertheless, I (And I assume, all other writers) always have a minimum "worth" that is stable regardless of other conditions.

lightless, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  9. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on how you mean it but I did forget the , :p

Kraven2, Jul 1, 2010 IP