1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Selling Blogtap.net -- 200 daily visitors, backlinks and publicity out the Wazoo

Discussion in 'Sites' started by cscott5288, Jun 28, 2010.

I am taking offers for Blogtap.net, a blog about blogging.

• The domain is aged (around 2 years) and I started developing content consistently about 5 months ago. Since then I have written 90 high-quality articles, some of which are over 1,000 words.
    • High-quality backlinks from blogussion.com, sitesketch101 (through guest articles I wrote), WordPress.org and many other reputable sites. Thousands of other backlinks from .com, .net, .org and .edu domains. Many of these are natural backlinks.
    • A free theme hosted on WordPress.org that has attracted thousands of downloads and in the footer of this theme is a backlink to blogtap (wich means a ton of links from a wide diversity of domains).
    • A popular plugin on wordpress.org that is attributed to Blogtap (see links in sidebar) which attracts visitors.
    • A random topic generator hosted on Blogtap built with AJAX/PHP/Javascript/mySQL that generates a random topic on the click of a button. The tool is ranked #1 on Google for "random topic generator" and #2 for "random topic," among many other rankings.
    • The design for Blogtap.net is completely unique. I chose the colors, layout and build the WordPress theme myself, completely from scratch.
    • 50 RSS subscribers and 30 or so email subscribers (via Feedburner).
    • A page that ranks #2 for "Best Blog Sites" and "top blog sites," among other related keywords.
    • The site typically gets 200 visitors per day, most of which are from Google.
    • The site is built with the free, open-source WordPress content management system which makes it extremely simple for anyone to update/manage.
    • Included in this sale is the Blogtap Twitter account with almost 100 followers.
    • Google analytics traffic reports WILL be disclosed upon request.
    • An alexa ranking of 144k.

I can't even begin to explain how much work I have put into this site. It has been the object of my obsession over the past 5 months. Read the articles, you will find them to be extremely high quality. Use online tools and examine some of the backlinks. The site is pr3 but it won't be for long -- I estimate a jump to pr5 in the next update.

I have not yet tried to seriously monetize the site.

Why am I selling?

Because I have decided to write a humor blog and I do not have the time to maintain both. Besides, I need the cash quick! Post with questions/offers or PM.

cscott5288, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  2. guniwan

guniwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    80.0% - 4
    any revenue and traffic proof?

guniwan, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  3. cscott5288

cscott5288 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just linked my Google analytics account to display traffic proof. As far as revenue goes, the only attempt I have made to make revenue from the site is from the affiliate links contained in the "blog for money" section in the top middle. Those affiliate links do get clicked (about 5-10 times per day) but I have not yet made a sale from that.

cscott5288, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  4. noobpreneur

noobpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    This is a fine blog with strong stats. A question: Will you continue to write for the new blog owner (paid blogging)?

I don't have the budget right now to acquire the blog at asking price, but if you have the budget, go buy this blog (or I will do so later, let's see about that!)

I'll send you a PM with a proposal.

Cheers!

noobpreneur, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  5. cscott5288

cscott5288 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you can't afford the asking price, make me an offer because the price is negotiable.

I can't promise to continue writing content after the sale but I can promise to help with WordPress customization and site design. If there is anything you need to change around, I can do it. The only reason I am selling this site is because, after much consideration, I have decided to pursue a different niche (humor blogging) which, although less profitable, will be funner for me.

As is stated above, there is a free theme in the wordpress theme directory (and also a plugin) which is downloaded dozens of time per day and have been downloaded thousands of time in total. This means footer links from a HUGE amount of sites that use the theme and more sites use them as time goes by. The pages that ranks for 'top blog sites' and 'random topic generator' attract NATURAL backlinks (use a backlink checker and see for yourself) and took FOREVER to get initial ranking... I estimate I put over 300 hours of work into the site -- it was basically a part time job.

If you don't think you can write new content about blogging then I would just focus your energy on promoting the site and building backlinks ... 90 articles (many of which are over 1000 words) is enough content for a site to be successful and Google worthy.

cscott5288, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  6. cscott5288

cscott5288 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    cscott5288, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  7. cscott5288

cscott5288 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am now lowering the price to $1,250. First PM get's it.

cscott5288, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  8. cscott5288

cscott5288 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Still unsold. I installed Google Adsense ads a few days ago, just to see if the site was capable of earning anything. To my surprise the results have been pretty good so far:

[​IMG]

And this is on the 4th of July weekend when people are NOT at their computers. The eCPM is extremely high, not bad IMO. I would really not like to see this site go but I need the fast-cash bad to pay my rent (I'm a college student ;)) . Still taking offers. PM me or post here with questions.

cscott5288, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  9. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think your blog can fit my needs, but your price is extremely high for a PR3 blog, not spectacular alexa/traffic, and low earnings to 0. maybe a mid $xxx or even a bit lower is a good price for your blog.

wounded1987, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  10. cscott5288

cscott5288 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Consider that the site already makes roughly $1.50 per day (a very conservative estimate) from Google Adsense ... and that's just with one ad block, I haven't tested other types of ad blocks. With that in mind, providing traffic doesn't increase (which it will), half of the investment will be returned JUST from Google Adsense alone in one year. Then consider that the custom web design (built from scratch) is worth a few hundred alone. Then consider all of the high quality articles on the site, the .edu backlinks and the many high quality articles on external sites pointing to the site..

So no, I wouldn't lump the site into the same category as millions of other 'PR3' sites for sale. If you are looking at pagerank as an indicator for website value, I think you are sorely mistaken. The website is worth much more than many PR5 sites which have the potential to be de-ranked to PR1 in an instant.

Regarding Alexa -- the ranking is improving daily. It's now down to 137K which is significantly less than what it was when I began this thread. Yesterday, I saw record traffic with 230+ visitors. And that's real, legit traffic from search engines.

I am willing to negotiate on the price but I won't go too much lower than $1250 because I believe I will make that amount automatically in 2 years at most... and that's without marketing it any further.

cscott5288, Jul 8, 2010 IP