1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Holy Fire Miracle (Fire that does not burn) - one of the greatest in history.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by luke12, Jun 22, 2010.

Hello Fellow DP brothers & Sisters,

Today's thread is about the Holy Fire Miracle that occurs annually at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (Tomb of Jesus) on Holy Saturday.

Wikipedia did a great job compiling all the information together

So I will extract some of the important pieces:

"Before entering the Tomb of Christ, the patriarch is examined by Jewish Israeli authorities to prove that he does not carry technical means to light the fire. This investigation used to be carried out by Muslim Turkish Ottoman soldiers".

The process as described by Patriarch Diodoros of Jerusalem (only person allowed to enter)

"I find my way through the darkness towards the inner chamber in which I fall on my knees. Here I say certain prayers that have been handed down to us through the centuries and, having said them, I wait. Sometimes I may wait a few minutes, but normally the miracle happens immediately after I have said the prayers. From the core of the very stone on which Jesus lay an indefinable light pours forth. It usually has a blue tint, but the color may change and take many different hues. It cannot be described in human terms. The light rises out of the stone as mist may rise out of a lake it almost looks as if the stone is covered by a moist cloud, but it is light. This light each year behaves differently. Sometimes it covers just the stone, while other times it gives light to the whole sepulcher, so that people who stand outside the tomb and look into it will see it filled with light. The light does not burn I have never had my beard burnt in all the sixteen years I have been Patriarch in Jerusalem and have received the Holy Fire. The light is of a different consistency than normal fire that burns in an oil lamp".

For Videos to see for yourself that this fire is actually a Miracle

The blue tint that the Patriarch was talking about:

[​IMG]

I have made a set of questions/answers that will be helpful:

Q: What could this Fire mean/represent and why is it holy?
    A: It is holy because it is coming out from the most holy place on earth - the tomb of Jesus Christ. It represents the holy spirit that was sent to the disciples, the Burning Bush of Mount Sinai (Moses) and the powerful glory of God's Presence.
    It also represents that Jesus is with us, alive and he is the light of this world.

Q: There is no such thing as Miracles. This fire is fake and Jesus never existed?
    A: Before claiming its fake, you must be able to prove/find another source of Fire that does not burn. Not even science or any other forms of religion can provide such powerful, glorious miracle that is available to thousands of people annually.
    In my opinion, this miracle is the best proof for the existence of Jesus as the Christ and Lord.

Q: Why 33 or 12 Candles are usually lit?
    A: 33 is the amount of years Jesus lived on earth. He was then risen from the dead.
    12 represents the disciples.

As Usual, I am waiting for comments from the Atheists, Muslims and other forms of religions. I would love to hear your opinion on this.

I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life. John 8:12

God Bless you,

luke12, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  2. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:
    Just checking on the status of this thread so far.... 142 views & Zero replies.

Any Atheists in the house?... you must have some kind of theory for this :)

Otherwise, silence is considered agreement.

Anyone who still denies the existence of God should reconsider their life and mind status.

luke12, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thread bumping is a sin.

Obamanation, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  4. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:
    Ignorance of the truth is a sin.

luke12, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Interesting thread. I remember Chaos posting pics of landmarks, and I believe the Church of the Holy Sepulchre was one of them. It has a long history, have they ever brought in unbiased scientists to witness and record each aspect (of the holy fire event)?

Rebecca, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    So you are a sinner twice over. Fear not my son, I forgive you. Five rosaries, two Hail Marys, two lords prayers and no masturbation for 24 hours. Now on your way.

7. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:
    Your sneaky way of changing the subject will not work with me.

So back on track, what is your opinion on this?

luke12, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    My religion forbids me to communicate with sinners. I'm sorry.

9. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:
    You'd be surprised by the amount of people who do not know about this event. Many events occur like this but its not in the "Scientific interest" because it is more religious. However, I know a lot of people from the media who go to observe and record aspects & describe it in more details.

luke12, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  10. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:
    And what is this religion?

luke12, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I would tell you, but once again, my religion forbids me from disclosing it to sinners. I do have a question though...

What is in the hand circled in yellow?

[​IMG]

Is that a dildo, a cigar, or a dog turd?

12. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:

You would not tell me because you do not have a religion (even though I suspect you were a Christian). A 5 year old kid have more manners and can keep up with a conversation than what I have seen from you so far on this forum (any one would agree with this too)

I really don't have to continue talking to a filthy man who dreams about their son's wife and sexual objects. And...You know what they call those kind of guys!

I hope one day you will come to your senses though.

luke12, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Looking at the picture again, and the slender femininity of the hand, I'm going with Dildo. Now to figure out why she is trying to light it on fire in the Magic Light! For that matter, why are the rest of them trying to light their candles on fire in the magic light? If it were truly the light of god, would that be the first thing you would think of? To bust out a candle and get it lit?

Dude, you've got to see my son's wife. Shes smokin hot! I guarantee you'd be jackin off to her memory for a week. Jesus, now you got me thinkin about her. Gotta go.

14. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.... looks like holy shit [​IMG]

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    If I can't tell how Penn & Teller do all their tricks, does this make Penn and Teller gods? :p

Will.Spencer, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  16. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes is not a card trick. This is about reality and experience.

luke12, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  17. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Exactly what I say: This is about reality and experience.

[video=youtube;1c14wgkNNU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c14wgkNNU0[/video]

Tell me that this is NOT MIRACLE

:rolleyes:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  18. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:

This has to be your weakest argument ever. you expect me to believe a video of one of the worst magicians who himself admitted these are "illusions" and not reality. But if you want to believe him, Go ahead. You can believe avatar too.

But you still did not explain how this miracle could occur. You'd realize that all the Muslims suddenly vanished from this thread and all the intelligent Atheists with their theories.

So far I heard Criss Angel & a Sexual object. Please don't make fun of yourself or this thread will hunt you down. I would rather you look up the facts yourself, find out more about this and use your mind, at least for once.

luke12, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Cigar, Dildo, or dog turd. Vote now!

Obamanation, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  20. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    It just to illustrate to you that everything you are seeing is nothing more than magic tricks

:rolleyes:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jun 23, 2010 IP