1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Caffeine now Live!

Discussion in 'Google' started by LBP, Jun 8, 2010.

I have read in a lot of SEO sites, that Google Caffeine is officially live now. Aside from the algorithm changes, they have also improved their storage capacity to indexed more sites and pages and present the results quicker and more accurate, how does this affect your website?

LBP, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  2. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    tattoos, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  3. LBP

LBP Guest

Best Answers:
    Really great move by Google.. business wise and for the public.. They have covered the emerging social media technologies at the same time improved their organic results.. too they have covered every angle and prolong their search engine life..

From my experience so far, high quality sites are benefiting from these changes..

LBP, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  4. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah well G should not be bragging too much. I'm still seeing lots of 'made for adsense' sites in the mix with the same tired content repeated 3 or 4 times on the page. Caffeine may be a technology improvement but searchers want better results, not more data storage.

longcall911, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  5. NikTik

NikTik Peon

Best Answers:
    wow that is impressive, my last post got indexed after 5min :D

NikTik, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  6. Dom Wood

Dom Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google's in a reform mood, they have been rolling out features steadily for a while now, I'm seeing a massive reform in the way they do search and indexing soon.

Dom Wood, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  7. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm....I hope this is the real live of caffeine and not just a hype. I know the sources come as official from Google blog itself but most of the time Google does not do actual what they said lately. I have see some minor change but not much or identical as a really new updates anyway.

Sxperm, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  8. LBP

LBP Guest

Best Answers:
    The blogs published it after they heard it from Matt Cutts himself during the SMX event. So it should be legit and official

LBP, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  9. julietevents

julietevents Peon

Best Answers:
    great move by Google

julietevents, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  10. zoom

zoom Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see some changes in SERPs which would confirm that google rolls out caffeine.

zoom, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  11. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    On a personal note i haven't noticed any changes when searching, so no real improvements as far as personal search experience is concerned. G has been going down hill for me for years now, especially after their last changes.

Looking at my sites there have been no effects (yet). They still rank high, and continue getting the usual amount of traffic.

hhsaus, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  12. seodash

seodash Member

Best Answers:
    I see some changes on my rankings. Most of them get up though the changes are not that much high.

seodash, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  13. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    May I know how does it affect the algorithm of ranking a site?

poshswinger, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  14. trafford

trafford Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually it is an indexing algorithm update. The rankings will not effect due to this update but the site indexing is 50% faster then before. The recent drops in SERPs is due to some problems with this update as it should not effect the ranking.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/our-new-search-index-caffeine.html

trafford, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  15. xenus

xenus Peon

Best Answers:
    caffeine mean addiction.

google wants us all to get addicted to "content" and especially fresh content.

here's my advise on what to do with this change.

xenus, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  16. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Caffeine is an infastructure change.. Sure it makes it faster but when you pull up garbage when you search speed does not matter in my opinion. Now maybe Google will fix the search results and again show quality like it once did.

Barre Tire, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  17. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    So at last Google's Caffeine is live at all the datacenters (Timing: 6/08/2010 05:00:00 PM).
    I think it took more than six months time to live.

markov, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  18. georgemoj

georgemoj Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a great news for the search marketers and the searchers those who were anticipating this update from Google. Hope this will change the search experience of the searchers and create a new Google

georgemoj, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  19. n00b1

n00b1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well this has certainly been good news for my main website. Suddenly rankings are up across many of my targetted keywords and even some related keywords I haven't been specifically targetting.

n00b1, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  20. mjtaylor

mjtaylor Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't ... the relative importance of ranking factors is not affected by Caffeine. It's all about indexing speed, increased storage capacity and making the index more flexible. Source:
    http://searchengineland.com/googles-new-indexing-infrastructure-caffeine-now-live-43891

But I do believe Caffeine's purpose was not only to deliver results faster and store more, but to make the index more flexible. For example, assigning a 'label' of more than once country is now possible.

There are no change in ranking factors as a result of Caffeine now, but I do believe the algorithm will be much easier to tweak now, and Google's ability to test and implement new filters to remove spam has been greatly enhanced. I fully expect to see Google target the things SEOs do to create links to their sites. "Self service links" - article directories, press releases, and the like - are likely to be much less effective, IMO.

mjtaylor, Jun 9, 2010 IP