1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CUSTOM Coded Quiz Script Site - Must See! - Quizacle.com

Discussion in 'Sites' started by GeorgeB., Nov 17, 2006.

URL: Quizacle.com

Reason For Selling: A project I was very passionate about but simply lost interest in. This was going to be a site to compete with Quizilla.com because they are making buttloads of money with no real competition and that just ain't right :)

Traffic/Revenue: None. This is a new site I never promoted but I mentioned it here and there so the domain is a PR4.

SELLING POINTS
    - Custom Coded from the ground up. I've spent $500 in the coding part alone.
    - Custom Unique Design. I forget exactly how much I paid for it but it was over $200.
    - SE friendly URLs
    - The ability to paste the quizzes into myspace just like Quizilla.com (custom colors too)
    - AWESOME Brandable domain.
    - Internal messaging system.
    - AJAX Quiz Builder. (users can add new questions without reloading the page)

Everything works. All the new owner would have to do is add little stuff like write the privacy policy, advertising page and faq. You of course get the full zip with PSDs and HTML coded templates.

I think that's it...

Starting Bid: $500
    BIN: $1000

I am on MSN for those that are more comfortable speaking live. [​IMG]

You can PM me or reply here with any questions you may have. I am subscribed to this thread so I will answer quickly.

GeorgeB., Nov 17, 2006 IP
    legend2 likes this.
  2. MaxS

MaxS Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is there an admin area? If so, please PM me screenshot(s).

MaxS, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  3. czar

czar Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I little off topic. Of course Quizilla.com have competition - www.123facts.com is much better then them.

Anyway, very nice site. Are you planning to sell copies of the script?
    Good luck with the sale.

czar, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  4. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There is no admin panel. I can personally code a simple admin panel (before you pay) to delete/modify quizzes but right now it's done via PHPMyAdmin. That's how I got it coded so cheap. I specifically asked for it not to have an admin panel as I knew I could code it myself pretty easily. I just wanted the quiz engine and member system done. The coder that I hired to code the entire system would actually do it for you and more. He is really good as you can see and he only charges $25/hr and he works fast. Highly recommended.

Actually 123facts is a vastly larger site with a vastly larger array of features and niches it focuses on. Quizacle. and Quizilla are for Quizzes only. Hence the names.

5. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will end this auction on Monday at 10pm eastern US time.

6. RILEY31

RILEY31 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what payment options do you accept

RILEY31, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  7. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    George would you mind telling if there is any specific reason you lost interest like are there any unknown issues involved or anything like that. Can you also explain the system in more detail. I have never seen this kind of site before and dont know what its for. Nice design :)
    I am very interested thanks

jaree, Nov 17, 2006 IP
    sundaybrew and mixke like this.
  8. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I accept most standard payment options.

I prefer PayPal or bank wire transfer.

But I also accept moneybookers, Escrow.com, and Western Union.

NO Egold.

GeorgeB., Nov 18, 2006 IP
  9. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Jaree,

The lack of interest simply came from all the time I put into it to be honest. I've owned it for almost a year (Dec 05) and have been working on it off and on all year but rarely getting much done. Frankly I just got tired of it. I saw it as a good niche with little competition but I am just not into it like I was when I saw how easily quizilla was making money. Their system is slow and overly complex. They need competition.

About The Site

Basically the system is sort of like a myspace for quizzes. People register accounts and create any quiz they want. Some people use it for real quizzes, some people use it to host funny pictures in a quiz format. Example of that here..

Either way it goes viral when they link to their quizzes and paste the HTML into their pages.

Thanks for your questions. :)

10. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    BIN lowered to $800

Grab it now before it goes!

11. shanewarner

shanewarner Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Site appears to be missing several pages, such as the my account link at the bottom, forgot password page does not exist. Does not seem like this site has been completed, and seems like there is a huge lack of error checking on the forms and such like that.

Will you correct these things before a sale has been made ?

shanewarner, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  12. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I already mentioned the missing pages. The lostpw feature is there I just need to fic the link to point to it just like the others.

As for error checking what exactly did you mean because the site has been tested against form hacking such as XSS and SQL injection.

GeorgeB., Nov 19, 2006 IP
  13. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Had 1 $600 offer.

Still looking for BIN.

Sale ends tonight at 10 central time.

14. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If no other bids this goes for $600

Had one bidder at $650 but he backed out.

Good luck only 4 hours left.

15. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    30 minutes left.

16. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I won the site and bought the site on the term that two problems with the site will be fixed by seller asap. I will not accept the site if these two problems are not fixed. Seller agreed...
    1) Problem with registeration form which was fixed by my programmer
    2) Problem with extra lines in quiz created by script for example:http://quizacle.com/33MyCoolQuizTitle.html

After sending countless emails seller asked me that he does not have time and i should get a programmer myself. I said thats not a problem... I hired programmers but none of them were able to fix the line issue. All of them said that they will have to rewrite the script to fix it. I contacted seller again and after sending tons of PMs emails and messages on MSN seller agreed to hire a programmer himself and he agreed that this issue will now be fixed within 4 days and if its not fixed by then i will get a refund. Now after 7 days of that deadline i have sent 20+ PMs 10+ emails and tried to message on MSN resulting in a block by him. Seller is not replying at all. I have tried to contact him by every means possible. All of my emails PMs and even phone calls were ignored. I request seller that he make a contact with me within next 3 days or i will proceed with legal action. I have already sent a formal legal dispute notice to him via email and if there is no contact made within next 3 days my attorney will be contacting him for further action.
    This is a very dishonest act by seller and i am very frustrated of being ignored every time. I think seller should be fair and make a contact with me asap. I do not want to go any further with this dispute but since i am getting no reply from him what so ever i have to choose other option.

I hope seller will make contact with me asap and will read his PMs and emails including the formal legal dispute notice :)

I will keep you guys updated on how it goes. I hope that seller be fair and will refund my money asap :eek:

jaree, Jan 11, 2007 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.
  17. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry to hear that Jaree.....Maybe GeorgeB , will respond here

sundaybrew, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  18. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Sundaybrew :)

He still has not responded at all. He logged in here read this thread and still no reply. Now i am getting really serious about this issue. After 50 days i still dont have anything and i am being ignored. This is not a good practice at all. Lets see how it goes. I will wait until another 5 days and than proceed with any further action because we "unfortunately" give him a notice of 7 days prior to proceeding with any legal dispute :( I hope that he will reply and save his reputation here at DP and be fair with me :(

EDIT: I see him here reading this thread now... hope he reply's. George please contact me we can still resolve this issue privately :)

jaree, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  19. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yea....I see him on the thread as well .....I wonder if he will reply....

sundaybrew, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  20. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    WTF???

I agreed to help try and help you fix the site AFTER the sale. As in after the money had exchanged hands. You stated you would not accept the domain AFTER the sale when I asked you for your namecheap ID and you said you wanted the site fixed first.

The idea that you honestly want a refund nearly 2 months after you bought the site that I CLEARLY stated was unfinished AND while the whole time you had full access to the site source code is laughable. So I just give you your money back and you keep the copy of the site you downloaded??? No thanks....

You hounded me and I explained to you the bottom line is I sold the site because I don't have time for it else I would have gotten it fixed myself. I told you honestly it would be more productive for you to try and get the site fixed on your own and you said you would. I also explained ot me that PMing me was futile since I don't have alerts turned on and only check PMs when I'm expecting one.

Fast forward a month later......... you are trying to get a refund because you couldn't get it fixed?? Are you kidding me? I felt bad for you so I again agreed to help you but right now I just have too much going on. So sorry... But now that I think about it this is crap. I don't feel bad for you any longer. If you want to give up on the site after a month of working on it and not being able to get it fixed that's your decision. Sell it, and you'll probably earn a profit because I sold it cheaper than what it's worth.

Furthermore you stating I logged in and read this thread is a lie. I was tipped off to this thread by a concerned friend. Looking at the post timestamps I've been on DP since you posted here but I have not seen this thread till this very moment.

As for the hilarious legal threats.
    I have not read any of your statements yet but I will now when I get more time this evening. Unlike yourself I have a real attorney and internet email is NOT an admissable method of legal notice. Stop taking legal advice from your Uncle...

I will be happy to provide you my attorney's address and phone number so you can send all your nonsense to him. That's what I pay him for. I have proof that you refused to accept the domain AFTER the sale and that I asked for your Namecheap account ID 3 times. I also have server logs of you accessing the source code on my server.

If you can't handle getting the site that you bought fixed then you need to sell it. Bottom line. I will again for the 4th time ask you to PM me your namecheap ID. If you refuse I will create a new namecheap account, push the domain to it and send you the username and password via certified mail to the Texas address listed on your Paypal payment.

Your call. Let me know how you wish to proceed.

GeorgeB., Jan 13, 2007 IP