1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Free Directory Submission Tool

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by AllYearFootball, Nov 17, 2006.

?

How much would you pay for the premium service?

1. Nothin

27 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. 10 dollars

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. 15 dollars

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. 25 dollars

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. 50 dollars

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. 100 dollars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. My first child

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
    Hi,

I have been working on building links to my site with directories, and I got tired of trying to keep track of all the sites I have submitted to. So, I created a tool that has a list of free directories, and a way to track where I have submitted. I also added some code to make the submission easier (navigating to the relevant category, going to the submission page, and populating as many fields as possible).

I am going to release the tool publicly, but I would really like some feedback on the tool, especially what I could do to make it better.

The main idea behind the tool is the list of directories and the ability to mark them submitted is free, the semi-automatic submission feature costs $15.

As a way to say thank you to everyone on DP who has helped me in the past, I am offering the upgraded feature for free until 12/15.

If you are interested, go to http://www.directorymaster.net and download the tool. After you register, send me a PM with your login, and I will upgrade your account.

All I ask is that if you have any ideas on how to improve it, please let me know, so I can make it a better tool.

One other question that I have is do you consider $15 a reasonable price?
    Thanks!

On a related note, since this posting might be useful in other subforums, is it OK to post a new thread in other forums pointing to this thread?

AllYearFootball, Nov 17, 2006 IP
    iatbm likes this.
  2. mpea

mpea Guest

Best Answers:
    arent these tools consider to counter-productive? cant google detect if links are added to fast so it just ignores them?

What is ment be semi automatic, does this give a big enough time period between each submission? if so how long is big enough?

mpea, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  3. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I dont think I was clear enough. The tool is designed to make manual submission go faster and easier, so you can control how many directories you submit to in a given day. The idea behind the tool is that it has a number of free directories. You click a button, and (for the most part), the tool navigates to your category, clicks the submit url link, and populates the form. You then have to check to make sure the for looks good, fill in the CAPCHA code, click submit, then go to the next directory.

Hope this clears things up.

AllYearFootball, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  4. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the download and the upgrade, Football.

I haven't had chance to put it to the test yet but at a glance it's nicely laid out and easy to use. I'll let you know of any suggestions once I've had a play with it.

Thanks again. :)

Nemesis7485, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  5. rzvagelsky

rzvagelsky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't care how many links are added in a single day or how fast...so long as they come from different websites. Since there is no way to know this for sure (unless you're google), I am using logic to dispell this common misconception. A popular website can not control how many links it receives in one day (think myspace) and therefore can not be held accountable or be penalized for people voting on a great site. Its really that simple.

rzvagelsky, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  6. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the neat tool and the free upgrade! It looks great. I'm looking forward to trying it out next week. Good job! :)

RatDog, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  7. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Downloaded this and will try it ;) I also sent you PM ... Hey this is nice you can add directories yourself ... very good :D

iatbm, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  8. pixeldawn

pixeldawn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Downloaded it, and looks good. Also PM'ed you regarding the upgrade.

pixeldawn, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  9. miejsca

miejsca Peon

Best Answers:
    Download? I'd prefere web interface... you know all those badware :)

miejsca, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  10. leenk

leenk Peon

Best Answers:
    I get this error whenever I try using "Populate fields":

[​IMG]

If you need entire detailed text I'll PM.

PS: perhaps I should post on directorymaster forum or is here ok?

leenk, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  11. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    leenk,

thanks for letting me know about the problem. I have updated the home page to include a link to a program that should fix this issue (it comes with Microsoft Visual Studio, so it is safe).

If you still have problems, let me know, and I will look into it further.

P.S. I would suggest posting any questions or issues here. Since DP members are the only ones that know about this program so far, I am watching this forum more than the directorymaster.net forum.

AllYearFootball, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  12. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the comments, keep them coming :)

A few comments based on the feedback so far.

I dont know if I made it clear, but one of the nice features (IMHO) is that not only can you add directories yourself, but whenever you add a directory it is available to everybody else. This way the list is always growing.

meijsca, I agree a web interface would be nice, however by making it a download, the information about what sites you have been visited are stored on your PC, rather than the server, and it is easier to control the browser that is used to surf the directories. Should the program be profitable, I will probably upgrade my hosting package so I can store more data, then I can provide a web interface.

Thanks again everyone!

AllYearFootball, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  13. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lately only new sites seem to be affected by fast link gaining

rehash, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  14. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    I have added a poll to this thread to help me figure out how much to charge for the premium service once I make it publicly available. If you have used the product, could you please vote in the poll to help me out?

Thanks!

AllYearFootball, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  15. chrissatchwell

chrissatchwell Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive installed it, quick and easy to do :)

I would probably pay $15 for it as long as I could put at quite a lot of my sites details on it instead of just one.

At the minute I have a zero ad budget for my sites so can't pay at mo, but I would in the future if I had existing profitable sites and wanted to start more.

Good Luck.

chrissatchwell, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  16. AllYearFootball

AllYearFootball Peon

Best Answers:
    I was working on a web interface, unfortunately IE prevents cross domain scripting :-( If anybody has any ideas on how to get around this, I would really appreciate it.

Without the cross domain scripting, the program cant click the links or fill in the forms.

Thanks!

AllYearFootball, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  17. leenk

leenk Peon

Best Answers:
    That program did fix it, thanks.

I didn't have much time to think more about this but I have a few suggestions.

1. A way to 'filter' directories, not all in your list are general. I for one am not interested in business or some niche directories

2. Maybe you should consider working with some of these guys:
    http://www.directorycritic.com/free-directory-list.html?sort=pr
    http://www.addurl.nu/
    http://www.seoandstuff.com/guides/freedirectorylist.php
    (not my sites, I just like them :) )

3. Make some "Details" window for each directory (on click, insted of marking them as completed), with pagerank, backlinks on Y-MSN-G, indexed pages, how old the domain is and similar SEO stuff, comments ... and "Submit" button :D

I only submitted to 30ish dirs on your list but...
    Perhaps it's just me

leenk, Nov 23, 2006 IP
    AllYearFootball likes this.
  18. lekhi123

lekhi123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i will be really pay you more than 15$ if this tool is going to help me .. and i am promising in the frnt of DP that i will pay you 50$ personally if my blogs gets good indexing... Well dont think so that i am paying u .. think in the other way.. that i am gonna share some profit/ as at this time i dnt have the single.. penny for the advertisements....

lekhi123, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  19. GFX^^

GFX^^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't pay, there are already some similar services for free on the net

GFX^^, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  20. Roxyyo

Roxyyo Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, the tool would have to check whether the deep categories I want to submit to are in Google's index or not. Then I might pay $50 for it. I don't put much value into directories except for a handful that have done well for me.

Roxyyo, Nov 23, 2006 IP