1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Messenger Crash....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 3T's, Jun 2, 2005.

Downloaded around a week or so ago, Yahoo Messenger, and for some reason it is not even working on this system today....sorta as it may have crashed or became corrupted. Anyways, I completely uninstalled it and then downloaded/saved the application. Before reinstalling it, is there a caution(s) or tip(s) I should be aware of....?

When I mentioned above that I completely uninstalled it, that was within the registy also....Am I to assume that I may have to log on and re-register Yahoo Messenger?

3T's....

P.S. Up to the crash, Yahoo Messenger was working just fine....

3T's, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  2. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the beta version started crashing today !! Dunno why its the same for both of us !! I uninstalled the new one, downloaded the non beta version and its working fine !!

nriweb, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  3. john1970

john1970 Guest

Best Answers:
    Same here.

john1970, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  4. 3T's

3T's Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies nirweb and John1970....as for the version of Yahoo Messenger I was having problems with was msg6suite. Never tried the Beta version at all, however, thanks for the advance issue problems you where having with the Beta....

3T's, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  5. lupushor

lupushor Peon

Best Answers:
    i tried this link and it proved usefull
    i too couldn't use messenger 6 or 7, beta or final, because it crashed
    http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/cproblems.php#crash

it says there

'Ypager crashes or performs an illegal operation on startup or right click
    This error occurs because you are using a third party skinning application that modifies the Windows Look/Interface.
    You need to either remove the program, or open the settings, and disable the skinning of Yahoo! Messenger / YPager.
    Two known programs to cause this are Window Blinds and AlienGUIse. Window Blinds has a "per application" setting to override this.'

i was using win blinds, then created a special rule for yahoo messenger

i really hope this is usefull

lupushor, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  6. dstacey

dstacey Peon

Best Answers:
    How frustrating! I have reinstalled messenger many times, but it keeps crashing almost everytime I right click. Any insight anyone??

dstacey, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  7. admans

admans Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine too keeps on cRashing....fed up of it...uninstalled and installed the older version. The beta version sucks.

admans, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  8. dstacey

dstacey Peon

Best Answers:
    which version did you install and how did you get it??

dstacey, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  9. LindaR

LindaR Guest

Best Answers:
    I am new to this forum--but I am having the same problem with my Yahoo Messenger--tried downloading and installing an older version--it still crashes on a right click. I can't get any response from Yahoo. I have tried everything--even re-formatted my hard drive. Had Yahoo working for 3 days, then it started crashing again. When you find out which version is the one that doesn't crash, please reply to this post. Thanks

LindaR, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  10. Crashed_Dignity

Crashed_Dignity Guest

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Crashes every time I get on the damn thing, so does all of my Browsers, MSN and AIM did as well until I Upgraded to Windows Live Messenger in place of MSN and Downgraded from AIM Triton to the original AIM Build

--My Dignity love and Heart have all been destroyed, they crashed as a Metior into the Ground of Earth as if a Cataclismic Catastrophy hath Occurred, they call me Laviathan, the one in Pain, and in recent years, I have nothing but Crashed Dignity--

Crashed_Dignity, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  11. USPB

USPB Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest that you get the new version. I also removed the ads by editing regedit

USPB, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  12. ameya44

ameya44 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This yahoo messenger crashing is very irritating....Please find a better and an advanced version.

ameya44, Oct 31, 2007 IP