1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way to gain money from my site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Imozeb, Apr 3, 2010.

My website is almost finished and now I am starting to think about adding some ads. I already have a header and footer banner ad place but no ad to put in it.

Where should I get my ads (google, yahoo, self). I was thinking about this: http://www.openx.org/ad-server : for my ad server but I'm not sure if it is the best.

and what type of ads (popup, static, flash) should I place on my site?

and what would give me the most money? (pay per click, fixed rate, pay per impression)

and what is the proper size and rate for an ad should I use?

Thanks.

~imozeb :)

Imozeb, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  2. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Why don't you try to attract some visitors first? See if they like the site, etc. Adding some ads is the last thing to worry about.
    By the way I would consider running some affiliate offers as they pay way better than Google AdSense and other ads.

zexy, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  3. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO stay away from popups/popunders and those awful fold pages unless you want your visitors to never return.

Affilaite ads will work well if used inline with any posts you make as long as they are on topic - while high ticket items convert less well you only need a few a month to make it a good income.

Adsense is smaller, usually, but as it will target the ads towards the content it is less maintenance for you - fire and forget if you will.

lukeg32, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  4. drewtoby

drewtoby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google adsense for sure

drewtoby, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  5. Mehungwaylo

Mehungwaylo Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is what I would personally use.

Mehungwaylo, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  6. T-Moor

T-Moor Peon

Best Answers:
    Like zexy said attract visitors first and when their number reaches 500 or even more than think about ads. Since website without any visitors but full of ads will not attract too many visitors. As for ads use Google Adsense.

T-Moor, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  7. aaramire

aaramire Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I would first focus on getting traffic to your site. I made the mistake of putting all these ads up with only 300 visitors a month. It was sad when I would check constantly to see if I made any money (using adsense)

Once you have decent traffic, I would then probably add adsense.

aaramire, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  8. Kotesh

Kotesh Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree wait till you get a decent amount of traffic first.

But once you get that traffic, it really depends a couple of factors like the niche you are in, are you blogging, or is it a static site, etc...

If you have a blog, well get traffic first, then try Text-Link-Ads out, I'm not totally sure how they work, but it's a start, then maybe add a couple affiliate banners too, I like to leave an empty box or two of advertising space and put "Advertise Here" on there maybe make a section/page about how advertisers can contact you and pay you for having their banner on your website and just link it to the "Advertise Here" banner.

Just some suggestions

Kotesh, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  9. aaramire

aaramire Peon

Best Answers:
    the thing with text link ads ( like kontera) is that they don't pay much per click. But kotesh is right, that how you monetize your site is really dependent on your niche, and whether you have a static or dynamic site among other factors.

aaramire, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  10. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    You should try to improve alexa rank and traffic of your website. Then need to think on advertisements.

desperateboy, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  11. Divyani

Divyani Peon

Best Answers:
    Simply placing adds on your website wont help you earn much money.
    You need to attract enough traffic which would click on those adds.
    You are required to implement an SEO Strategy to increase your sites presence over the internet.

You can use affiliate networks on your site, but make sure they are relevant to your sites theme.
    CPA will pay you high rewards then any other program.

Divyani, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  12. thebitbotdotcom

thebitbotdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. That has been my experience. Don't waste time tuning the ads for a site that will not receive any visits.

thebitbotdotcom, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  13. sbglobal79

sbglobal79 Banned

Best Answers:
    Google ad-sense is cheap & simple in starting . After getting more traffic, you can invites others site to display banner add.

sbglobal79, May 13, 2010 IP
  14. SPOLLARD

SPOLLARD Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi friends,

Below is a short listing of some of the different programs on the Internet that will help generate money on your web site.

Amazon associates - The Amazon's associate program enables any user to setup links to any Amazon goods and any purchases made from those goods or any other goods a user may make while browsing Amazon's page after clicking the link from your web page you will generate a small percentage of income.

Google Adsense - A fast growing advertising network, Google allows users to setup advertisement banners on their page and have the ads generated off the content of the page. Any ads that are clicked (CPC) generate revenue. Google Adsense is the advertising network Computer Hope goes through.

Fastclick - Another popular and widely used advertising network for publishers.

Spollard

SPOLLARD, May 14, 2010 IP