1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web traffic monitoring

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Sabryan, Mar 31, 2010.

It is well known that website traffic is determined by the number of visitors and the number of pages they visit. Many monitoring services collect, analyze and report website traffic. It is a very useful service as they monitor incoming and outgoing traffic to see which parts or pages of their site are popular or maybe one specific page is viewed mostly by people in a particular country. It also opens new opportunities for analytics and informed actions. So, why not use it?

Sabryan, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Short answer: Because Google Analytics is probably better and more accurate. I'm guessing you're in this business, but I would encourage to move on and go find something a little more unique. Google Analytics IS the solution for website traffic monitoring. :)

PHPGator, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  3. advertise

advertise Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree... Although Google Analytics is the best option, there are others out there that are pretty good too. I combine and compare statistics from various ones, Clicky being one of them, which usually happens to compare a lot to Google.

advertise, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  4. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I do use 1 or 2 other pieces of software for monitoring, but I've always found Google Analytics to just totally swamp the competition when it comes to accuracy and informative data. Most others are fairly bland just because the developers haven't put the same kind of work into it. I sometimes look at them just for the mere interest in what they have to say, but I definitely put more weight into what GA says.

PHPGator, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  5. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    Google analytics is probably THE best in the industry. It has the might of google behind it, and unlike other services, it's free and easy for anyone to interpret.

joshvelco, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  6. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics is the best and free. However, it does not offer a real time tracking. I hope if they could have a paid version as optional for a real time feature. :) I would pay it without a doubt.

Sxperm, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  7. johnben1444

johnben1444 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, i use statcounter and i find them very good.

johnben1444, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  8. sseicu

sseicu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use statcounter and Google Analytics. I like more statcounter because have a real time tracking.

sseicu, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  9. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya Agree with PHPGator

desperateboy, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  10. juvanescence

juvanescence Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never had a problem with Google Analytics. Just add a little bit of code and away you go.

juvanescence, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  11. First Steps

First Steps Peon

Best Answers:
    I was just reading that Analytics isn't that good when I had always assumed that it was the best. You have obviously always had good results with it. How do you think other systems compare?

First Steps, Apr 2, 2010 IP