1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you decide on a content of a new Website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by googlehead, Mar 30, 2010.

I am planning on building a few websites with the idea of making some money. Hopefully I will try to earn this money threw adsense, affillates etc. So I have decided to look into maybe starting a site first about Cycling related stuff. I will propably make is more specified, so that i can go into a less competive market and try to get some longtail keywords on the googles first page. I have a few other ideas also. What I wanted to ask is how do you guys check and decide what you next site will be? how do you check if it is too overcompetitive etc?

googlehead, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  2. TanyaPetrena

TanyaPetrena Peon

Best Answers:
    Before I would do that, if I had that knowledge, I would team up with someone who was good at website content. Then you both share 50/50 of the profits, because sometimes going it alone on your own talents isn't enough, believe me I am trying and I am not getting no where and with being on benefits, the prices some of the web designers are asking are well out of my reach, so I don't stand a cat in hells chance of getting the help I need.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    TanyaPetrena, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  3. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    My sites are based on one of two things .... keyword research that may be in niches that do not have a lot of competition.

The other thing is if I have a site that gets xxxx number of visitors a day and certain keyword phrases start showing up consistently that can be spun off and create a micro niche blog or site then I may move forward on that as a project or I may just create a category on the existing blog.

reapr, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  4. BlueEew

BlueEew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way is to make websites on subjects you like rather then trying to do high paying niches that you don't have a clue about. That's my opinion anyways.

BlueEew, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  5. udeze

udeze Member

Best Answers:
    Look for something that interests you, which you are also knowledgeable in and set up a website based on that, by so doing, the content you add to the site will always flow naturally, you will never lack content because you are tapping from your vast knowledge and experience, there will always be unique content from your brain of course

udeze, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  6. hotelier

hotelier Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. If you have a problem thinking up something to make your website about, you really should be just doing something interests you at first. It may not be wildly successful, but you will get an education, enjoy doing it, and it will set you up well for experience in case you want to do other sites later.

hotelier, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  7. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been working on a site related to a game, it doesn't make much but gets a lot of traffic. Its best to start out with things you like, and move into things you don't like but wouldn't find a boring subject.

By the way, if you need any ideas, this can be good sometimes, it also provides information on related keywords: nicheaday.com

Scoty, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  8. andyken

andyken Peon

Best Answers:
    I advice that you do a extensive keyword research first.

Doing it right at the first step makes next steps easy.

andyken, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  9. googlehead

googlehead Peon

Best Answers:
    great info guys, thank you

googlehead, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  10. miketyson10

miketyson10 Peon

Best Answers:
    miketyson10, Apr 1, 2010 IP