1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Chatroulette Script

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Claymation, Mar 21, 2010.

I'm seeing all kinds of people selling clones of the chatroulette.com script.
    Can anyone here help the rest of us with something we can use on our sites that doesn't cost anything?
    I mean it's just a script.
    It can't be that difficult, can it?

Claymation, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  2. mariobaez

mariobaez Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes it can.

The reason is that the script is based on a peer-to-peer coding that is in js or php that has to also be installed correctly on an RMTP server. There are a couple of free ones, but there are so many bugs and installation issues you will end up spending 2 weeks to get it to work.

VideoWhisper ( Google them ) has a free version but it is limited. Even if you find one, the bandwidth that the site will use is enormous. The creator of chatroulette had to spend thousands to keep the site going last year when barely anyone was using it.

Case in point: If you don't have the money to afford the good paying scripts, you won't have enough money to host it. Hosting these p2p video chat scripts can run from $40 ( for just about 30-80 users per day ) to about $150+ ( per 200-400+ users per day ). On the safe side, to know the cost:

For every user that spends 20 minutes video chatting = .06 cents
    50 people use your site for 1 hour per day = 50X.18 = 3.60 per day = $100 per month
    Because P2P will use mostly between computers = $30 per month per 50 users
    Per 150 users = $90
    300 = $180
    900 = $540

So as you can see, if you get an audience of just 900 people per day, you will be spending $500. Some scripts use Adobe Stratus, which will host it for you, but the scripts cost money, and Adobe Stratus may not be around for long ( or will stop hosting Chatroulette clones ). This one page has a, but you will need some type of money to get it done by either:

A: Buying a script that uses Stratus ( Still gotta install and find host )
    B: Buying a script and putting it on a RTMP host ($$$)
    C: Getting a Free Script and a getting upset that it doesn't work or you don't have the right host.

Just my two cents. It isn't impossible, but if you don't have money, you have a 1 in 10,000 shot of getting a decent site up. If you PM me, I can advise you ( or anyone ) on how to get one set-up.

mariobaez, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  3. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice detailed response.
    Appreciate it.

I remember reading that the 17 year old creator did borrow money from his brother.
    The lack of advertising on the site astounds most of us with a business sense.......
    BUT!
    What do you figure that site is worth now to an investor?

That kid will never get his hands dirty at any real job as long as he lives.

That kind of good fortune always happens to somebody else.

Claymation, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  4. mariobaez

mariobaez Guest

Best Answers:
    It seems that Spiegel has a report that Chatroulette can run from $10 to $30 mil.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,681681,00.html

Some things blow up, some things don't. Its the way things go. Just as long as you keep your talents and ideas going, something will end up sticking.

mariobaez, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  5. web@master24

web@master24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The price of bandwith depends of your server provider, chatroulette.com are hosted in netdirekt datacenter, and they have plans with unlimite bandwith, so i dont thing they need that a lot of money

web@master24, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  6. mariobaez

mariobaez Guest

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as "unlimited bandwidth" for anyone. Even if that was the case, there are bandwidth and CPU process bottlenecks and thresholds that would make it cost a lot of money.

One server hosting 1,000 concurrent users would be:

a) slow as hell
    b) crashing ( ie: Twitter Whale )
    c) Very expensive

Don't post that it doesn't cost much, because there are a lot of other reasons for cost other than bandwidth. You should know better.:(

mariobaez, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  7. dennis_schwitz

dennis_schwitz Peon

Best Answers:
    I just received the link to download the copy. free-chatroulette-script.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

dennis_schwitz, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  8. VideoGirls

VideoGirls Member

Best Answers:
    VideoGirls, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  9. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    The links you provided?
    Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

How ironic is that?
    HA

Claymation, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  10. VideoGirls

VideoGirls Member

Best Answers:
    Probably there was a very high demand, releases are recent.
    Not it seems to work fine.

VideoGirls, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  11. iz3lvlix

iz3lvlix Member

Best Answers:
    The owner was offered 1 million USD but turned it down, and this was a few months ago

iz3lvlix, May 3, 2010 IP
  12. VideoGirls

VideoGirls Member

Best Answers:
    Stratus is a free service for non commercial projects (mainly for demonstrative, testing and development purposes).
    All sites that don't have backups (like fallback to rtmp if rtmfp is not available) can be shut down by Adobe if used for commercial purposes.
    Because of this, most chatroulette sites can't be evaluated as reliable income generating businesses.

VideoGirls, May 7, 2010 IP
  13. Wamba

Wamba Peon

Best Answers:
    So what you guys are saying is that there are two options:

1. Get one of the Peer-to-Peer Stream clones which use little bandwith, but which rely on a third party Adobe service which you are not entitled to.

2. Get one that does use your bandwith, but that will cost you potentially hundreds per day?

Wamba, May 9, 2010 IP
  14. karamendos

karamendos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice answer and help man.

Thanks

karamendos, May 9, 2010 IP
  15. Stevenkristine

Stevenkristine Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got my full licence and genuine chatroulette script here. Way too easy to install and get running in minutes guys.
    rcpsecure.com/govisiochat/

Stevenkristine, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  16. web@master24

web@master24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look i have 2 servers in netdirekt, the both with unmetered bandwith in a 100mbps dedicated line. For one server with 4gb ram 500gb hd i pay 77eur and for other with 16gb ram 4 tb hd and xeon proccesor i pay 154 eur monthly. So that dosnt cost a lot. And beleaveme my site have a lot of traffic, i have in one server a rapidleech what use more than 300gb per day in the 4gb ram server. Is slow sometimes but for start you dont need a lot.

I only can tell you what i start my site with a $10 dollars monthly hosting and script of $30, and now i earn more than $4,000 monthly and i have 3 servers (1 ovh and 2 netdirekt) so for start a good bussiness on Internet you dont need have a lot of money

web@master24, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  17. fabioprogrammer

fabioprogrammer Peon

Best Answers:
    hi people I am Fabio from Italy. I have spent months searching for a genuine script. I finally got it and you should always buy your genuine chatroulette script from these guys here rcpsecure.com/govisiochat/ :)

Never buy from camchatscript they are fucking swindlers I lost my 300$ with them and i never got my script and my refund.
    Hope this info help loads.
    fab

fabioprogrammer, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  18. Yatko

Yatko Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out the solution(s) at http://www.chatroulette-clone.com/
    CRC = chat roulette clone (like www.chatroulette.com)
    RVC = random video chat (advanced chatroulette with filters, features, user support and lot more...)

Unlike most of the script providers, both PHP and Flash sources are 100% unencrypted, at www.jabbercam.com you'll find a free script for embedding and if you Google a bit you also find the 4.0 version for free.

Yatko, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  19. chatdos

chatdos Peon

Best Answers:
    i made a clone it´s a clone of chatroulette ,have more functionality and support mabye in many languages. look at chatdos.com .. now i need some ideas how to make promotion of it on internet...who can me tell how ?

chatdos, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  20. Yatko

Yatko Peon

Best Answers:
    You made a clone? ... chatdos.com <- live.camchatscript.com

Yatko, Oct 17, 2011 IP