1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ASK] Is ReadBud a scam?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by HansDavid, Mar 14, 2010.

I think some of you might have been aware of this site called ReadBud dot com. It says that it will pay you for simply reading articles. The payment varies based on the length of the article you read. I have joined the program just out of curiosity and I can earn a buck or two per day with it. It also comes with a referral program that pays you $5 per sign-ups.

The payment will be made via Paypal and the minimum limit is $50.

Now, what makes me think that this program might be a scam is that the fact I just could not find a logical reason for them to make any money.

First, I thought that the articles I read must have come from advertisers. But after reading at least 100 articles, I have yet to find a single one that has an outbound link to an advertiser site nor ask me for a sign up.

The only money resource I find for them are the Google Adsense ads in every single article, and everytime I finish reading an article, a request pop-up for me to click on the "sponsored listings" if I am interested.

Now, I understand that the Adsense TOS strictly forbid you from requesting your visitors to click on ads, so I guess that ReadBud will say goodbye to Adsense sooner or later.

So, with all that being said, I just wondering has any of you joined in this program and have you got paid?

I probably gonna give it a shot for at least a month or so to see the logic behind this Readbud business, is it scam or not...

HansDavid, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  2. carina75

carina75 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have joined for two weeks or so, having in my account $28, so I did not have been paid by them.I have heard that some where paid, but nobody showed some payment proof, so still unsure about their legacy.let's hope it will be good

carina75, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  3. joeschmoe4994

joeschmoe4994 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I just signed up a couple of days ago so I've only got $11 in my account so can't verify if they are legit. They have a Facebook fan page and someone there claims he's been paid.

facebook dot com/pages/ReadBudcom/111569645533094

joeschmoe4994, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  4. digi.raj

digi.raj Peon

Best Answers:
    hello friend,readbud in not scam site.it is a legit.it pay properly.but 50$ min balance required.

digi.raj, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  5. Galactek Designs

Galactek Designs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice ill try it out thanks for the info guys great post

Galactek Designs, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  6. carina75

carina75 Peon

Best Answers:
    do you have any payment proof?i would really want to see one.please show one if you have or the link for some one who have one.I have a lot of friends who wait for this one.thank you very much!

carina75, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  7. Nigen

Nigen Peon

Best Answers:
    seems we hv a payment proof in this comm itself...chkout the link below..

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1767297&highlight=readbud

]http://techbloopers.blogspot.com/[

Nigen, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  8. carina75

carina75 Peon

Best Answers:
    HI NIgen, thanks for your proof, but I have some doubts about it being originals.1) they paid in CAD, how's that, they should pay in $, US, right?Then they are australians and paying in CAD-canadian dollars?Odd don't you think?Then I have looked at the ID which is younger there then me, and I still have $15 to go, and judging on the id I should be getting the cashout long time ago, and i did not, even I am rating everyday.
    strange, I don't know what to think?I will be sorry if I go on with the site and discover it is a scam!Hmm.

carina75, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  9. Owlwings

Owlwings Peon

Best Answers:
    Readbud typically pays an average of $0.05 per article read and delivers approximately 25 articles per day. After two days use there is no way you can have earned $11.

Owlwings, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  10. carina75

carina75 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sure he meant to say several days not couple=2.maybe we was signed up for a week or so.The problem is, as I see it , when you are at $30-35 they don't deliver so many articles a day like in the beginning.There were days when I had even 50 articles a day=$2.45 in a single day, now I bearly make .50-.60.it is odd don't you think?

carina75, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  11. Nigen

Nigen Peon

Best Answers:
    nice findings though, even iam in a spree to find out whether if its legit or scam, since it being a new programme there is no much information regarding its genuineness too, lets wait n watch

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://techbloopers.blogspot.com

Nigen, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  12. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems to be a great site, thanks for the info. I have joined it now and my balance shows around $11.00. I hope I can get to that $50 figure so will know if they really pay the money.

China_girl, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  13. Vanessa_vjad

Vanessa_vjad Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I'm not a member but from what I've seen/read elsewhere the reason there's no outbound links etc is because at least some of those articles have come from places like articlesnatch and ezine articles etc. but they've removed the author resource box.

So not only do they apparently violate adsense terms they're also messing with some article directories TOS as well.

Vanessa_vjad, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  14. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    This site is rather serious website - I'm going to check it as soon as I have some spare time.

Warner, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  15. indexia

indexia Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a big scam i already had 50 $ and the site went down

indexia, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  16. Quidditas

Quidditas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently the site was down for a while? But at least it's working now.

Quidditas, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  17. wuhugm

wuhugm Peon

Best Answers:
    It's online now, got paid?

wuhugm, May 12, 2010 IP
  18. Quidditas

Quidditas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any luck with the payout? The site has been online again for few weeks after you wrote this.

Quidditas, May 17, 2010 IP
  19. zeeky

zeeky Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also like to know if people have been paid out after reaching the $50 earnings - thats a lot of time and effort to get there.

The site also says it has like 6,000-10,000 there at any one time yet there is surprisingly not much posted proof available from members who have been paig their earnings???? Weird, the site looks and seems legit but there is that doubt....................

zeeky, May 20, 2010 IP
  20. jasoncallen

jasoncallen Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i got paid by them... I just used a bot i got from http://readbudbot.com ..The down side is that, that site has cpa lock upon it. I tried to bypass it by removing the javascript but no luck...it has postback from cpalead... i filled up the survey to get what i needed.. I can say it is well worth it...they update the bot quite regularly

jasoncallen, May 30, 2010 IP