1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jquery radio button validation

Discussion in 'jQuery' started by danramosd, Mar 4, 2010.

I have a php script that generates a form of all radio button types. The form consists of ratings questions (1-10 values), true or false(2 values), and another type that has 4 values. Since the form displayed is different based on the user i wanted to create a javascript (im using jquery) to validate the form dynamically also so i dont have to check for each value individually. I just need to make sure that each radio group has a value. Each radio button has a class of .input but each radio group obviously has a different name and different values. So far i can loop through, and alert the value of the checked radio buttons:

$('.input').each(function(){			
    	if($(this).is(":radio:checked")) {
    			alert("attribute"+$(this).attr('name')+" value="+$(this).val()); 
    		}

});

Code (markup):
    I'm not really sure to go from here. I need to check if there are any null values in any null groups and display an error if there is.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
    danramosd, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  2. Houdas

Houdas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On the first line, you have $('.input'), but this means you are selecting all elements, which have "input" class set. Try to make it $('input') (without the dot)... Maybe there will be problem with the rest of the script too, but try this first.

Houdas, Mar 5, 2010 IP