1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Business Branding Package Contest - $100 + $50 bonuses

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by xInd, Feb 23, 2010.

What the contest is for:
    Complete branding package, Logo, Header, icons, buttons, a badge, a seal, an avatar, a banner ad, a 125x125 ad, 250x250 ad, a watermark and a custom character icon/smiley.

The site is http://www.xind.ca There is a header and a logo that we already have up there. The logo is old. The header is alright, but it doesn't fit that great with the new design, and I think we could do something better with a bit of extra effort. :)

I'm looking for only the best quality. This is supposed to be a clean, professional, positive business community. Inviting, casual, but professional at the same time. Fun but also serious. No purples/pinks/puke/brown colors for the most part anywhere. Something that will put it with the ranks of facebook, odesk, twitter, and project the idea of the Guild, a group of people working together, a place where you can learn, a place where you can earn, either like an online temp agency, or though regular employment with us, or one of our members, or running your own business/websites... Keep these things in mind.

The Bonus: This is for a video / flash/animation campaign. A flash banner ad (or animated gif if need be), a video for youtube, and a website intro splash.
    Most likely, the winner for this will be the same as the winner for the main part of the contest. If that is not the case, adjustments may need to be made to incorporate the winning graphics into the animations/videos.

Bonus #2: I will be offering a undetermined amount of money as a 'boobie' prize pool, which will be split amongst the runner-ups in exchange for use of what they made, no sense in it going to waste I'm sure I can find somewhere to put it....

Winner will be selected only when I have found the right one I'm happy to use for my site. Winner will also receive recognition in the form of multiple blog posts, marketing package prize (professional marketing campaign for your site), Free web hosting and more from your free premium membership on our site for 1 year.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
    xInd, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  2. HomeBlogger

HomeBlogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think I'm in this! Please give me more details about the icons, buttons, the badge, the seal, the avatar, the banner ad, the 125x125 ad, 250x250 ad, the watermark and the custom character icon/smiley.

Need to know what icons and buttons need to be designed. Also what would you like on the bagdge, the seal, the avatar, and the banner ads and the watermark. Moreover the custom character icon, how is it supposed to look like ?

HomeBlogger, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  3. Evo-D

Evo-D Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there, i see not so many responses to this contest.
    I think ill join in this one.
    You will see my submission soon.
    Please provide feedback for a more accurate finish.

Thanks
    Evo-D

Evo-D, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  4. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Well I think that's kind of the point of posting the contest instead of a design job request. I don't know exactly how it should look and I'm looking for somebody to show me some good ideas.
    You can check out the pictures in my social group here on DP:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/group.php?groupid=407
    There are some branding images etc we've used before when the domain's primary purpose was a development office/portfolio/sandbox... Now it's a community...

The badge would be something like a DP badge, where it shows a little logo and some info.... A seal would be like a BBB seal where it says this site is endorsed by us so to speak..... An avatar is this picture beside my name that says X ind.ca... Watermark is a light image to place overtop pictures to mark where they came from etc... Custom character / icon... Little web 2.0 3-d sorta style smiley dude to scale to program icon size, or forum smiley size...

Think middle ages. Guild's were started in the middle ages... kind of like unions, or clans. They had no evil intent, but back then times were different.... The old values they had of sticking up for each other, helping each other out, and making sure everyone worked towards improving things for the group... This is what we want to project... So coat of medieval times meets digital world and the future like star trek where everyone works together... I don't know how to best represent this graphically. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.
    I will be posting this on some other forums as well, I will post the links as I have them... Please tell your friends if you think they might want to enter this contest. I know it's a lot of work for the money, but at least it's not pennies, and the benefits to come will be well worth it.

xInd, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  5. zno3

zno3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What do you think of this?
    [​IMG]
    Just randomly vectorizing lol

zno3, Feb 24, 2010 IP
    xInd likes this.
  6. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I like the style and coloring. I prefer to use a capital I though... xInd. Also the D should probably look more like a D and less like a triangle. Glad to see things getting started though, thank you. Tweak it a bit more and finish off the rest of the package and we might have something.

I think it's probably better to include the .ca extension in it as well, for branding/marketing purposes the logo become the entire URL since it's so short, which makes it easy for people to remember what to type in after seeing the logo around lots, without having to click on a link or anything else.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    xInd, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  7. zno3

zno3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, here's the revision
    [​IMG]

zno3, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  8. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    It still looks a little... I dunno, outdated. Reminds me of my mother's logo for her consulting company I did some work for about 15 years ago, but with a modern digital twist. It's like a new and improved updated version of something good... But I want recreated for the new age... I could see this turning into a very good watermark...

I have posted this on my site so that we can keep track of things, especially as I post this on other forums, and direct people to it through our site/network etc.
    Check out my latest updates here. Register on the site and you will be able to upload your entries.
    http://xind.ca/2010/02/25/graphics-designbranding-contest-150/

xInd, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  9. NightVisioN

NightVisioN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Here's my shot at it. let me know if it's good so i'll keep making the whole package.

NightVisioN, Feb 25, 2010 IP
    xInd likes this.
  10. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Good start, thank you. I do like that. It makes me rethink the capital I small x. Wonder if you could do something that would look good with the X matching up to the inner borders of the lines, and the I popping out a bit, then try spicing it up a little bit if you can.
    Please check this page for updates, comments, and other submissions as well:
    http://xind.ca/2010/02/25/graphics-designbranding-contest-150/
    Register at my site and you can upload images and files to the post.
    I have added some more info, and I'm thinking about adding some more prizes to the contest soon, see if we can't get some more activity here.

xInd, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  11. DrZapp

DrZapp Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey,

Here's an attempt at a logo.

Colours can change, so can everything else :)

[​IMG]

DrZapp, Feb 26, 2010 IP
    xInd likes this.
  12. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Could you please move your submissions to www.xind.ca this thread is not getting a lot of responses here, and rather than reposting it later, or trying to advertise this thread around here, I'm running the contest on my site. This also makes it easy for me to bring people together from all other marketplaces. People can work together, form a team, and I can get other jobs and work going for everyone who's showing and effort, rather than bouncing between sites.

xInd, Feb 26, 2010 IP