need help exporting database from 1and1.com for wordpress

Discussion in 'Databases' started by cinema, Feb 13, 2010.

I have been a customer of 1and1.com for well over two years..finally decided to invest into better hosting because i'm tired of the customer service at 1and1.com being completely incompetent. so here's my issue

I've never exported a database before so I call 1and1.com and make a request for my backup's of each site..they tell me they can't..the agent puts me on hold for 4 mintues to say she can't..I ask for a manager spend another 10 minutes on hold....she gives me some dude named john who says he's a supervisor and will process my request..9 days pass and nothing..so I up and call 1and1.com again today..speak to a new agent who can't find any trace of my request but can find a copy of my ticket for that call. Apparently the agent took another agent and asked him to pretend to be a supervisor. So i'm back at square one of trying to get my db's. I now try to export it myself and end up with a sql zipped file for 0 mb's...I can't find anywhere how to specifically export wordpress db's from 1and1.com

I hope someone here can help me...i'm at the point of seeing red and currently laying my anger into yet another agent at 1and1.com who's telling me a supervisor is not available...have been on hold for well over 20 minutes with no sign of her returning to my call.

cinema, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  2. Social.Network

Social.Network Member

Best Answers:
    Social.Network, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  3. Mike Tidball

Mike Tidball Peon

Best Answers:
    They dont use cpanel I gather I have had a similar question

Mike Tidball, Feb 25, 2010 IP