1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wanted: Your cultural weight loss recipes without the acai berry side effects

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by paul5, Feb 4, 2010.

[​IMG]
    Ok, so springtime is right around the corner and I need to shed the extra weight that stuck around after Christmas. Two years ago, my sister (who always puts on 10 pounds during the winter months) did some crazy diet she picked up while working with the Red Cross down in Brazil. In the villages they worked in, women would drink some crazy concoction for after pregnancy weight loss made from goat milk and acai berry. Side effects only included a puckered face from the fruit.

The goat milk was fairly easy to find back home but buying fresh acai berries proved difficult so she picked up a few bottles on the internet who said they were "free acai berry trial offers" but we all know better than that. She got billed monthly for refills and most of them didn't work ... some did, but most were duds. The pill's side effects to acai berry were things like nausea & dehydration ... much worse than the actual acai berry fruit's side effects which were just sour.

Long story short, even with her secret weapon, my sister didn't lose her weight until summer when she got fresh acai berry that worked. I ended up skinny for spring (so all is right with the world) but worked too hard at the gym to achieve my goals.

So, my question is ... like the acai berry in Brazil, what is the hidden secret of your country for losing weight? Green tea from China? Olives from the Middle East?

I'm sure every country has their secrets, so spill yours! I'm ready to lose some weight but I'm not interested in acai berry side effects that come from a bottle of pills.

paul5, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  2. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    although some of the compounds in these herbs help stimulate metobolism or have a thermogenic effect their really is no magic secret other than less calories in vs what you expend.

powerlifer, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  3. paul5

paul5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Which herbs are the ones that simulate metabolism? Like Gensing for Asian cultures is said to stimulate the sex drive or the acai berry of the South American rain forest for weight loss ... I'm sure Vietnam has a bark or Madgascar has a root that can help me lose weight without side effects

paul5, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  4. biglegg

biglegg Peon

Best Answers:
    Eat less and exercise more, SIMPLE

biglegg, Feb 4, 2010 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. paul5

paul5 Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand that I'll have to work out again, I actually like it, but hopefully I can find something obscure from another culture to enhance my weight loss ability.

Baseball = steroids - side effects (shrunken testicles, bulging muscles)

Weight Loss = Acai Berry - side effects (dry mouth, nausea)

Any nutrition experts in the house?

paul5, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  6. twtpoker

twtpoker Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really believe in any of the crash diets and def. not in acai berry. Crash diets really will only work temporarily. Once you stop the diet, the weight returns!

twtpoker, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  7. paul5

paul5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is acai berry unbelievable because it doesn't work from your experience or do you just have a bad taste in your mouth for it after all the marketers who have made money promoting acai berry side effects to the millions of internet users.

Remember this story started because of my sisters trip to where acai berry is harvested so I'm not on some internet witch hunt.

Atkins was a crash diet with all kind of side effects, millions of people lost weight on that one.

Jared from subway is a good example of how a diet is supposed to work. His weight was lost not by acai berry, rather from walking to subway daily ... the subway is relatively healthy but getting in the habit of walking is what really caused his weight loss. Haha, his only side effect might have been a blister on his foot.

paul5, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  8. paul5

paul5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone hear of losing weight with gogi berries?

From howstuffworks (not a sales website). They say it's a stress thing as to why the body hangs on to excess calories (I guess it's the body's natural way of survival). They say stress can ...

* Telling our bodies to hang on to stored fat
    * Increasing cravings for sugary, high-fat foods
    * Directing food calories to be stored as fat, rather than being burned for energy
    * Stopping the secretion of growth hormone
    * Exhausting the adrenal glands, causing fatigue and encouraging overeating in an effort to replenish energy

Where do I buy gogi berries?

paul5, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yep, the acai berry thing is a load of bull.

sarahk, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  10. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is this you, on one of my blogs?

Promoting this thread?

You could have done it on my health blog instead the gifts/ocassion theme.
    Smells a bit spammy :eek:

monfis, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  11. Inktcartridges

Inktcartridges Peon

Best Answers:
    The golden advise is more exercise, there is no secret recipe. I think that it stuff has only a placebo effect

Inktcartridges, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  12. daremkd

daremkd Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience, the best thing you can do is this: EAST SLOWLY. I lost 15+ kilos this way, believe it or not. Oh and I also moved more :)

daremkd, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  13. agag2

agag2 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is some sort of "magic" in those pills they have an instant effect on you basically

agag2, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  14. Rocky01

Rocky01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people who wish to lose weight often think that skipping meals can be helpful in trimming down their waistline. But the truth is it works completely in the opposite direction. For those who wish to lose weight, there are many methods that will help in providing you with long-term weight loss benefits.

Rocky01, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  15. Victoria B

Victoria B Peon

Best Answers:
    Weight loss it's a big issue for many people, Two options:
    1) Go on a diet and excercise
    2) Take some Phentermine or Adipex

As said above, even when taking pills the effect is not instant but it's considerably easier to eat less and lose weight, sill... there is no magic in those pills, is hard work as well.

Cheers!

Victoria B, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  16. Rickey01

Rickey01 Peon

Best Answers:
    The Acai berry is a very useful and cherished, exotic and highly nutritious fruit. Health benefits of acai berries range from being a rich antioxidant to helping one lose weight naturally and easily. The products derived from acai berries are rich in Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids which are beneficial in reducing the cholesterol levels.

Rickey01, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  17. ExaMike

ExaMike Peon

Best Answers:
    Best way to diet is food diet+exercise= losing weight

ExaMike, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  18. Brenden01

Brenden01 Guest

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you, the best way to lose weight is proper diet + regular exercise. There are lots of other weight loss programs available in the market, but only few of them are good and are very effective. I have seen many of them who have reduced pounds together in just few weeks.

Brenden01, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  19. Rocky01

Rocky01 Peon

Best Answers:
    These days there are several weight loss programs and several weight loss products out there. All these products and programs have two things in common. They all require you to maintain a well balanced diet and exercise regularly.

Rocky01, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  20. Vicky01

Vicky01 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you eat too quickly then you are also more likely to eat more because you won’t be able to focus on your body, or your food, while you are eating, so it’s better to eat slowly. Another thing you do is to have a glass of water on hand. Then between mouthfuls, after you’ve swallowed, take a sip of the water. This will also help you slow down your eating. And the water will help you feel fuller more quickly.

Vicky01, Feb 25, 2011 IP