1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling DropConf -- An On-Demand Conference Calling Service Startup

Discussion in 'Sites' started by dberube, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    DropConf is a new way of conducting on-demand conference calls. Our niche is to target the small businesses and home offices that do under 3 conference calls a month.

Basic App/Service Information

Users pay per conference room and have no monthly fee. Traditionally conference calling companies charge monthly fees and require you to reserve a conference room in advance. With DropConf users can create as many conference rooms as they'd like, on-the-fly, and a-la-carte.

Our target audience is small business and home offices who don't want to waste $15-$50 a month on a conference calling service. These contract services are only useful to people who will need to create many conference rooms over the course of the month.

This can be converted to a monthly-fee type service!! It's just not what we had planned for it if we were to operate it.

This is an unreleased startup. We haven't done any PR or promotion, we just made the site live for the purpose of this sale.

This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to start a high-technology company, someone looking to make money online or for an existing company to purchase as an add-on to an existing product or service.

The Application - How It Works

This isn't a turn-key web script. We built this application from scratch for the purpose of building a business around it.

Users come to DropConf.com and signup. Users are not required to enter their credit card information when they signup. A new account will be created and they will have a free trial conference room with 2 free minutes to test.

If a user wants to create a new on-demand conference room they simply enter in a room name and click Create. Their account will be billed $5 and they will instantly have access to a new conference room in their dashboard with the information to give out to other participants.

On the conference room dashboard there is a set of functions that, as far as we know, no other conference room service has. They are unique to DropConf.

The user can enter in the phone numbers of the participants and DropConf will call them and place them into the conference room. The user can also see who is participating in the conference room and mute, unmute and kick participants right from the Conference Room Dashboard!

The entire process, from the homepage down to the Conference Room Dashboard is extremely intuitive and pleasing on the eye.

Technology Behind It

The telephony backend that powers the voice applications is powered by the Twilio technology. The application and web site itself are programmed in PHP with a MySQL backend. The service is currently being hosted on a server at RackSpace. It is recommended that the new owner utilize a dedicated server and not use shared hosting.

Prior Investment

As you can imagine, we have put in months of development and thousands of dollars in costs to get DropConf to be what it is today.

Pricing Structure

Our current pricing structure is:
    • $5 per conference room
    • $0.07 per minute
    • NO monthly fees (this is a big competitive advantage)

The new owner can set whatever pricing they like very easily.

All payments from users are made through PayPal merchant services, they enter in their credit card information in the billing section of their account.

Costs

It costs $5 per month per toll-free number. The service currently only uses one toll-free number. You will not need more than one, you could offer dedicated toll-free numbers to users for an extra charge in the future.

You are making $5 profit on every new conference room created. It doesn't cost anything to the owner to create a new conference room.

It costs $0.05 per minute per inbound call to your toll-free number and $0.03 per minute per outbound caller (those who use the dial-in participants feature on the dashboard).

You are making $0.02 or $0.04 per minute per caller.

How Much You Can Make

If there are 500 conference calls a month each averaging 5 callers that spend 15 minutes on the call, you will make a profit of $3,250 a month.

With a little work and some simple PR like; reaching out to bloggers and a little advertising on Google. We believe reaching 500 conference calls a month will be easy and quickly attainable.

In fact, with a more aggressive approach to attracting users we expected to triple that and make a profit around $9,000 a month.

Maintenance

There is no daily maintenance required to keep this application running and making money. It's completely self serviced by the users.

Service Transfer & Setup

We will work with you from start to finish to get DropConf up and running on your servers and ready to begin making money. We will provide continuous support and training until the service is running on your own setup.

Rest assured that we will not leave you high and dry. You will get our full attention until DropConf is up and running at 100% on your own setup.

Why We're Selling It

We created a great app in DropConf. It has a well defined market (small and home businesses) and tons of potential with little risk (the conference calling industry is growing).

We are a team of developers. We're good at designing and building great applications, that is what we love to do. We created DropConf from scratch and we know we, being developers, that we will never truly maximize the value in this app. Our skill-set just doesn't apply, so we decided it would be best to sell it to someone or to a company who will profit greatly from it.

Price

Our BIN is $33,500

We are accepting offers. This is listed elsewhere and we have already been in contact/negotiations with potential acquirers.

Questions

If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to message me. If you have specific requirements or would like to add features, please ask and we will see if we can accommodate them.

dberube, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  2. Alvin

Alvin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How many copies you are planning to sell for this app?

Alvin, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  3. dberube

dberube Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just this one. I'll sign a non-compete clause if the new owner would like.

This isn't a turn-key application/service. This was built specifically to be a stand-alone service / business.

dberube, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  4. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What stops businesses using Skype for free? Your app doesn't seem to have any stand out reason why it should be used/chosen over Skype!

Also, its brand new,I understand development would of cost a bit but you got ripped off if development came to over $33,000!

Lastly, this is hardly unique I was looking to buy a similar company well over a year ago and it had far better features than yours!

Jon1771, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  5. Sevenhills

Sevenhills Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Where can the customers find the exact prices?

And this 0,07$ a minute only applies for US based customers? What happens if you have an international telecon?

By the way, are you sure the $33,000 is not a mistype? Its a new company and your site doesn't offer anything which stands out from the other telecon companies..

Sevenhills, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  6. dberube

dberube Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Jon1771,

If you don't have any questions about the service, please reserve your comments. This thread isn't open for your commentary. We're looking for a real business person to acquire this service because they will know the value in it.

Sevenhills,

It actually costs the owner of the service .05 a minute regardless of where the caller calls from. No it's not a mistype.

dberube, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  7. dberube

dberube Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is listed on another website whose terms and conditions state that while the listing is active there, it can not be listed for sale on other properties.

If the sale ends on the other site without DropConf.com being sold, I will relist here.

Thanks!

NOTE: I can not edit my original post, so please contact me if you are interested and I will redirect you to the current listing location.

dberube, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  8. cookie1979

cookie1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    very nice site

cookie1979, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  9. dberube

dberube Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks.

This is back for sale. The sale fell through on the other site and I can now officially sell it here.

The BIN is much lower now at:

$17,000

If you're interested or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!

dberube, May 1, 2010 IP
  10. Jon1771

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I feel you were very rude to some people in this thread, but after 3 months of no sale it would seem we were not far wrong! I would be interested in this but I feel it is over priced

Jon1771, May 8, 2010 IP
  11. dberube

dberube Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's rude to insert your comments or opinions into a sales thread. This is now the second time you've done so in this thread.

dberube, May 8, 2010 IP
  12. Jon1771

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I find it amusing how you claim to be a 'business man' yet post on all my sales threads which are in excess of 3 months old! Oh, and all my websites have sold!

Jon1771, May 9, 2010 IP
  13. dberube

dberube Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guy, you commented twice in my sales thread, and have the audacity to call me rude and report me when I do it to you, WORD FOR WORD, on an OLD thread of yours to prove a point?

What's wrong with you, are you twelve? Do simple things confuse you?

dberube, May 9, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.