1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Adwords for Link Building

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by tschrock, Oct 24, 2006.

This is more of a question about theory than application. I was wondering if AdWords for search ads that appear on web pages are counted by Google as outbound links.

So for example, (setting aside the cost of buying the links for the moment) if I wanted to run an ad about dog toys and I used AdWords for search to run a campaign would Google count the links from my ads appearing on others' websites as backlinks?

tschrock, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  2. Greatten

Greatten Peon

Best Answers:
    ive done a search on google for a site of mine before and a link to a site with my adwords ad popped up. im not sure if it counted as a backlink though, interesting theory

Greatten, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  3. dhruv37

dhruv37 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will not count as Backlinks.

Links on others site from google adwords are never counting as your backlinks.

dhruv37, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    They are not.

GuyFromChicago, Oct 25, 2006 IP
    Seiya likes this.
  5. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope its javascript, anything thats not the basic <a href=></a> will not count as a backlink. Even if your <a> tag has a javascript onclick event, it will not count as a backlink anymore... just the good old standard one does.

Seiya, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  6. kevingibbons

kevingibbons Guest

Best Answers:
    That's true the AdSense links may show up as backlinks but they are not counted. Google AdWords may help to attract more users to your site who may link to you on their own sites if they find it of interest.

kevingibbons, Oct 25, 2006 IP