1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thinking of moving from drupal to joomla

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by shade, Oct 24, 2006.

Now, i know there is a drupal vs joomla thread, and i dont want to start that general debate again.

Here is the problem. I'm running a community site. I prefer to use phpbb forums, as i have them skinned, modded and they seem to work seemlessly with the rest of my site. The current drupal mod that is bridging drupal and phpbb is really buggy and has quite alot of big errors (sigs are completely screwed up) I also gave every registered member the option to blog off of drupal. This worked well, as i just gave them blog privlages. The blogs update a list of pings i have from a drupal mod. Thus any time anyone blogs the site gets traffic.

I'm wondering if moving to joomla will make it easier to intigrate phpbb and i'm wondering if it will keep the same options for the blogs. At this point i'm getting sick of the various errors that drupal has, and even though i can use it quite well, most of these errors are things i would really have to reprogram half the mods to make work correctly. Yet on the otherhand i do not want to lose the ability to have multiple bloggers, nor do i want to lose any functionality with the forums.

Any help would be appreciated.

shade, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  2. JimmieS

JimmieS Peon

Best Answers:
    When I started out with CMS's, I started with Joomla. I changed to Drupal because I thought it was easier and more stable. Lots has changed since then, so Joomla may be better than it used to be - at least for me.

I created my forum using contributed modules for Drupal. Although I haven't implemented all of the various modules to give me all the functionality of a conventional forum, I think a combination of all the contributed modules for forum functionality will allow you to emulate your current functionality without much coding if any at all. Migrating anything is an arduous task either way you go as full compatibility and seamless migration is usually an impossibility.

The Drupal community has really done a great job of organizing and standardizing the core so that contributed modules are compatible. It it were me, I would stick with Drupal and use the available forum modules and migrate to Drupal instead of trying to fit a 3rd party app into Drupal, as any integration with Drupal will have to be compatible with the Core.

Another option is to disable forums on Drupal and run your stand-alone PHPBB in a separate database in the same directory as your Drupal site. The only problem there would likely be having two sets of user registrations.

JimmieS, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  3. hellboyjaa

hellboyjaa Peon

Best Answers:
    me too i'm started with joomla i changed to drupal

hellboyjaa, May 3, 2010 IP
  4. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Joomla is the award winning content management system ,it is easy to use and you can change the site when ever required as joomla is free to use and changes can be made easily.

jaikanth12, May 17, 2010 IP