1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google 3 Weeks: From $1,300 A Week To $300 A Week...

Discussion in 'Google' started by Bad Boy, Oct 22, 2006.

Hello Guys,

I despearately needed to sign-up to this site. Very talented people over here. I would like to share my situation so hopefully can learn from it and even give me few tips on it. Kind of a mistake not being in business for yourself and not reading the forums as often as needed. Lesson learned. Here is my little reality story:

Out of no-where Google decided to eliminate from their index search engine channels my main affiliate and eBook business sites. From being in the top 3 for the main profitable keywords with minimums of 800 plus targeted visits a month, I am now no-where to be found on Google for such profitable words.

Take a mortgage payment of almost $3,000/per month payments and loans to pay, and the only thing remaining is my two social networking sites with just a few additional sites remaining with $3-4k a month in passive revenue.

Potential Issues I Believe Are Causing This:

LinkMarket.Net
    Links-Exchange.Net
    LinkDash.Com
    SeoLinkExchange.Com

:cool: Can anyone confirm the potential possibility of me being affiliated with this cause my index and sub-pages from Google being de-index and out of the Google search query?

Thing is, I'm still doing fine with Yahoo and MSN... but I need to discuss this. Anyone know a little about this? The likely mistake here was not deleting my account from those sites.

Anyone agree or has potential solving issues/suggestions for this?

Thanks for reading.

Jonathan

Bad Boy, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  2. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have mortgage, you better get a "normal" job that provides guaranteed income. I would not rely on internet income to pay off a mortgage.

qwestcommunications, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  3. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course that is inadequate advice.

I would not rely on something as random and uncontrollable as search engine traffic to pay off a mortgage though.

aeiouy, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  4. Bad Boy

Bad Boy Guest

Best Answers:
    WOW! what a welcome message I guess. Anyways thank you for your suggestion. However, please consider removing...

...if you think that paying a mortgage from Internet income will be a bad idea:rolleyes:

Not here to form controversy, just to get potential facts as probabl causes of Google turning "Bad Boy" on me.

Can the above sites that I mention be related?

Thanks.

Jonathan

Bad Boy, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  5. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you over-used these then a google ban/penalty wouldn't be surprising.

mad4, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  6. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did not mean to be controversial. What I mean is, income from adsense can be quite volatile, even for biggish earners, that relying on it to make repayments on a big loan is pretty risky. However, I would assume you have income from other places.

qwestcommunications, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  7. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My advice:

- Still have a look on competition
    - Check your inurl:website_address and see if any real bad neighbourhood websites were linking to you (It's a blackhat technique, maybe done on purpose, not sure how to avoid)
    - Try checking your real position in Google for the specific keyword, using this perticular website http://www.googlerankings.com/

All best wishes, hope you fix this, it's frustrating comming from top to bottom.. hope it helped

Scorpiono, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  8. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:

Ok, first make absolutely certain that your sites have (or have not) been banned. You state that they're banned, deindexed, and nowhere to be found. Are your sites banned or have they just dropped in the SERPs? There's a huge difference.

Second - google is in the middle of one hell of an algo and SERP update. Lots of old established sites are jumping around. I've got stuff that's fallen from top 10 to below 300 in one day. It happens.

Third - As stated already, check your competition. There's a good chance they've increased their backlinks and other SEO techniques and you're simply being outranked. You stated yourself that you haven't been keeping up with those things. The internet, as you know, is a dynamic place. You can be here today and gone later today.

Fourth - I seriously doubt the link exchanges you mentioned would cause your site to be delisted. You ""MAY"" be penalized in some weird way that only google understands. Don't go dropping yourself from link exchanges that are bringing you traffic. Wait a few days. Keep checking the SERPS. See if your sites are moving up and down. Let things settle.

Meanwhile, get more backlinks with targetted anchor text.

wibr, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  9. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google states that a lot of unrelated links in the footer can give you discredit ranking wise.

login, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  10. Twan

Twan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twan, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  11. gabrielangel

gabrielangel Peon

Best Answers:
    Link farming and buying links has brought down many profitable sites owned by people I know personally. Natural and manual link building (asking a webmaster to join an affiliate program, posting to free directories, etc.) is boring and takes time, but in the long run it seems to help. It's a much better investment.

BTW 3000 for a mortgage!!?? Maybe an apartment or a smaller house would be a good idea as well.

gabrielangel, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  12. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    I assume that link exchange services allow control over themselfs, so you can choose with wich site you want to exchange, just do it with relevant sites and you will be ok.

SEOLinker, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  13. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hope your situation improves.

What does Google Webmaster tool say on pages indexed?

infonote, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  14. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would take off all links on your site that don't link to reputable, related sites (sites you would be willing to show your mother). I'd do that without waiting a moment.
    Link exchange as a basis for link-building is not a good idea and a google representative said so recently.
    If those sites stop linking to yours - so be it.

kh7, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  15. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    You should check out if you are linking to a bad neighbor.... some users already posted above.. avoid linking to sites that are not quite related to yours.. ...

lkj, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  16. sunmoon

sunmoon Peon

Best Answers:
    I sorry to hear what have happened to you. Just yesterday i was reading about a guy making really good money from adsense. I have no idea if those links did effect you. I hope your site gets back its position as $3000/month on loans is a big responsibility. Best of luck to you.

sunmoon, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  17. kiplarson

kiplarson Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, that sucks. I'll edit back if I can think of any tips.

kiplarson, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  18. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    I used LinkMarket.net for a while a long time ago and also LinkMetro.com and I was "accused" by MSN for having an "illigitimate linkexchange" and was banned :( Not a good idea to use any link exchange site anymore.

MikeSwede, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  19. kiplarson

kiplarson Peon

Best Answers:

I tried using that (googlerankings.com), and don't have a Google API key. Likely he does not have one either, it won't work for new users.

kiplarson, Jan 23, 2007 IP