1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About Authorize.net

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by johnwoof, Oct 22, 2006.

Hi Guys

Want to use authorize.net have a script that can take care of all it api

but there are rseller listed there

Which is good reseller ?

Whose cost is less

also All use same API's

Thanks

johnwoof, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  2. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Yes all the resellers will sell the same product(s) on Authorizenet.com. Mainly it depends more on the merchant account provider as well. If you are in the United States, there are a number of them to choose from - and most of them are ISOs that then rely on resellers to sell the merchant account along with the electronic payment gateway

Corey Bryant, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  3. sh21

sh21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pricing on Authorize.net will typically run between 0.05 and 0.10 / transaction. It seems like the resellers get the service at 0.05 and mark it up from there.

The cost of authorize.net is small in comparison to the cost of the merchant account (which is required). Shop around hard for the merchant account, at least 5 companies, and play them off against each other to get a good rate.

sh21, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  4. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at e-onlinedata.com I have been with them for over 2 years now, and they have been great. Good prices and awsome support.

slava, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  5. GlobalGamingNews

GlobalGamingNews Banned

Best Answers:
    You do not have to worry about finding a reseller. If you contact them, they will assign one to you and the reseller will contact you themself.

I wouldn't put this as a primary processor though. Paying a couple of hundred dollars in set up fees is a waste when there are others who will do it for little to nothing. I use Link Point as a back up - my main processor is based in Australia and didn't charge me a dime, but that's probably because I know the owner.

GlobalGamingNews, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  6. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    You should contact resellers yourself as their fees will vary tremendously. Depending on that one reseller probably means you will be paying more then you have to.

stymiee, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  7. GlobalGamingNews

GlobalGamingNews Banned

Best Answers:
    That's nonsense. Prices are clearly posted on their web site. I've only spoken to a couple of different resellers, but their prices were always the same.

GlobalGamingNews, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  8. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Their prices are higher then most resellers by a lot. They do this because if they offered lower prices, all of their resellers would stop setting up accounts. Considering that resellers are their largest revenue stream you can be sure they won't do anything to piss them off.

2) Are you a reseller? I am. I know my prices are different then theirs and other resellers. Heck, I can show you webpages with different prices. And you spoke to two resellers? Two is hardly a large sample to come to the conclusion that all resellers have the same pricing.

stymiee, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  9. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Many times merchant account providers will provide low cost or even free authorize.net in some cases.

pc_user, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  10. GlobalGamingNews

GlobalGamingNews Banned

Best Answers:
    No, nor would I want to be, and I don't think there's anything special about being one. I'm sure you must have thousands of clients signed up under you. :rolleyes:

GlobalGamingNews, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  11. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    They'll offer free setup but they will still charge a monthly fee and a transaction fee (although the first 250 may be free).

stymiee, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  12. sh21

sh21 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's just not true. There is massive variance in the pricing both of the gateway fees as well as the processing fees.

If you sound like you are new and don't know what you are talking about they will tell you their "list" price and say that it is standard.

I have renegotiated my credit card processing (all done via auth.net) 4 times over the past 2 years and have lowered my rates by 50%. It pays to study up, negotiate hard and not be afraid to switch once you have been in business for a few months.

Leaving aside the merchant processing fees and focusing only on authorize.net, when I began I was paying $20 / month and $0.10 / transaction. Now I am paying $35 / month, first 1000 transactions free (so 0.035 / transaction) and 0.05 / transaction above 1000 transactions (I do about 2000 transactions / month). I am not sure I'm getting the best deal now, but I know it's a heck of a lot better than when I started.

Here are some good pages to learn about how it works:

http://www.merchantaccountblog.com
    http://www.informed-merchant.com
    http://www.merchant-account-services.org/blog/

sh21, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  13. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use authorize.net and the reseller that I used to get a merchant account is e-onlinedata.com

ablaye, Feb 7, 2007 IP