1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Wheels - Is this the truth?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by geester1, Dec 29, 2009.

Some say link wheels will get detected by Google, but I have noticed a competitor who links between their 3 related sites for the same products and they HAVE been reported to Google for manipulation/spammy sites and NOTHING is done.

The result is that the sites are still on page 1 of Google with NO visible evidence to show penalties.

So all this talk of link wheels been detected by Google is total non sense, because people are using them to promote their sites directly with NO effect!;)

geester1, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  2. Neon

Neon Peon

Best Answers:
    Not at all, they are very easily noticed by Google and seeing as so many people are building them and ranking highly, it's only a short time before Google start taking action on these websites, it's not worth the risk when you can can build similar types of link wheels, where Google cannot figure out you did it yourself and it looks like natural linking.

Neon, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  3. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I second it - stay away from them.

G has been on them like fleas on a dog! :)

bigcat1967, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google probably wasn't counting those links in the first place, so you wasted your time reporting them. Stop being a sneak and just have a better site than them.

magda, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  5. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    I will also prefer to keep this advise in mind and go ahead...

saurabhj, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  6. kdenisk

kdenisk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree. Probably if your competiors built up good sites, Google shut its all-seeing eyes to this kind of cheating ;)

kdenisk, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  7. vezhead

vezhead Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed - you can't always tell which links Google is counting. I believe (and really hope) that Google rarely penalizes someone for link manipulation since your competitors could sabotage you.

vezhead, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  8. SlowGraffiti

SlowGraffiti Peon

Best Answers:
    yeh they get easily noticed now and these sorts of sites where the link comes from dont hold as much power anymore

SlowGraffiti, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  9. sciborg

sciborg Banned

Best Answers:
    I own hundreds of domains, and have created 23 spoke linkwheels for all of them and I can say -They Do Work :)

I have no reason to lie..

Thanks
    sciborg

sciborg, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  10. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    google gets ton of such reports so it takes them some time to act on those intel. sometimes it takes months before google even read the compaints. some baseless complaints get ignored as well.

regarding the penalty on link wheels, its hard to say exactly how google will look at it but a link wheel is a network of web 2.0 pages that link to each other in an attempt to manipulate SERP ranking. google will eventually detect it but that depends on how many sites or pages are interlinked. if only 3, then thats not enough for google to do anything. but if it is 30 pages or 100 pages or so, then there is an attempt of manipulation and google might act on it over time.

i myself suggest against the use of such link wheels. you can setup web 2.0 pages with unique relevant content which is perfectly OK but just link from those pages to your main site and not link all the pages together to be on a safe side

sultanofseo, Dec 29, 2009 IP
    tomy_gun likes this.
  11. visionwf

visionwf Member

Best Answers:
    How do you go about doing this the right way?

visionwf, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  12. csnreyes

csnreyes Peon

Best Answers:
    The luck of the Irish!

csnreyes, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  13. visionwf

visionwf Member

Best Answers:
    Surely its impossible to check as it could naturaly occur where someone links to one site he links to another and this links to you or am I wrong can it harm your site to do this? Also is there any recipricol link sites dedicated to creating link wheels?

visionwf, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  14. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, and tell me what if you make a huge link wheel for your competitor's websit and spam the heck outta it, and then report it to google? will google ban them? answer is No!! Because webmaster have no control on inbound links and other websites linking to them for Negative SEO purposes.

All Google will do is to devalue those links through tweaks in their algorithm and move on. and you should too!! forget about it, and make a better site than your competitors and work smarter and harder than him/her/them to be beat it.

Oranges, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  15. sodacrates

sodacrates Peon

Best Answers:
    make it lok real and not spammy and you should be alright.
    the web 2 sites appreciate decent content, so you will also minimise the risk of those site being shut down.

sodacrates, Feb 19, 2010 IP