1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you are google share holders?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Ohene, Oct 18, 2006.

?

Do you own stock in GOOG?

1. Yes

18.3%
  2. No

64.6%
  3. Thinking about it

17.1%
    How many of you are google share holders?

Ohene, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  2. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sold out before the big $400. Almost got there :D

visio, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  3. trojan

trojan Peon

Best Answers:
    how much is it selling at the moment?
    any chance google stock will spike again?

trojan, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  4. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  5. affihq

affihq Peon

Best Answers:
    Google was mostly an IPO catch, made tons of money if you were in on it early.

Need to wait for a lot of splits on the stock. Once the stock splits 2 times or 3 times, then it would be ripe to pick up again and make some huge profit.

affihq, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  6. Ohene

Ohene Guest

Best Answers:
    Explain to me how buying 200 shares @ $400, is different then 400 shares @ $200

Ohene, Oct 18, 2006 IP
    MrX likes this.
  7. tr0nic

tr0nic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look at it like this... market dependency is clear when you know how securities move.

It's an average down. Buy 200 shares at $400, the stock splits and you have 400 shares at $200. Buy 400 shares at $200, stock doubles and you have 400 shares at $400. That's why you wait for the split. If it splits 2 or 3 times, you are in the cash.

Google is the world's largest commercial internet entity. They are growing daily, and last I heard they are projected to double in size by 2010. Get in while you can boys.

And yes, I own shares as well... 5000 shares from back when they launched their first IPO. If I were to cash out now, i'd turn my original invesment amount into about 1/4 million dollars. I can't wait for the stock to split! :)

tr0nic, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  8. DodgyAnt

DodgyAnt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, interesting, I better get buying!

DodgyAnt, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  9. Ohene

Ohene Guest

Best Answers:
    ok, but isn't that the same difference?

200shares x $400 = $80,000

The stock splits, and your total worth is still 80k

Lets say you buy 400 shares @ $200 and then the stock doubles. You now have $160k. Well, what about the guy who bought 200 shares at the old price? He'll still have a total worth of $160k in stock, right?

Ohene, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  10. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    I think you should either have your dream analyzed or go back to school to learn arithmetic. Maybe both :)

If you had bought 5000 shares at the IPO price of $85 and they are now trading at $420 then your original investment would now be worth $2.1 million and your notional profit would be $1.675 million.

Also Ohene is correct, when a stock split occurs the price of the stock also splits, so you end up with the same value you started with.

Once you have mastered arithmetic perhaps you could try an 'introduction to investment' course?

- Michael

Michael, Oct 19, 2006 IP
    MrX likes this.
  11. rxbbx

rxbbx Peon

Best Answers:
    I am thinking of it.. I dont know where to invest my money now.. I could pick other stocks.. here in europe: EuRo's.. those drive me crazy :(. That euro ruïns everything..

Europe sucks.. always behind with things.. better move to another country..

rxbbx, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  12. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    I can only afford to buy two shares of Google. The purpose of splitting a stock is to open up the market to poorer investors such as myself. This is only of interest if liquidity becomes an issue. But, even with a split I would not buy Google shares. I would buy Microsoft first because it has real products.

There may well be play left in Google's stock. Stock markets are just waiting for the next sexy tech play, at which point Google will drop to a more appropriate value relationship with older web companies.

clancey, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  13. slapmatt

slapmatt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Been thinking about it for a while

slapmatt, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  14. Ohene

Ohene Guest

Best Answers:
    haha, thank you! :D

Ohene, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  15. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On the advice of a good....i mean great friend. I bought some shares when it first opened. Im thinkin of selling soon. Not sure tho. I dont care for google too much because they dont really have anything in my opinion.
    I wish I had 5000 shares...hahaha
    I couldnt afford that much....

superrichguy, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  16. nikolaalx

nikolaalx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    first of all I apologise if my english is bad
    Mate dont be so prejudised.

I live in Eastern Europe and things here are developing more rapidly than almost any other part of the world (excluding china and India).

I can tell you that people are making millions here due to the fact that there is an excessive amount of foreign investments and lack of quality services.

So IMO the big money and the place where the business environment is more favorable for anyone is the place where countries are undertaking already established business models as a development pathway and at the same time have the need for essential change. The neef for change is a massive motivating force which on the other hand leads to innovation and creativity.

So basically in the USA where everything is established....sure..it is nice to do business. But take a look of what USA companies are doing. They are undertaking cross continental business endeavors in order to pick of some of the most lucrative opportunities.

So I think China and India are the next places where I'd go rather than the USA.......
    just for an example. The incongrous Myspace fenomenon. This is a site which is a social portal mainly for people from the USA. And at the same time it is the 5th most popular site in the world! 5TH!!! with all the HUGE CONGLOMERATES of the globe, a shitty site where people post "hey I love your boobs" is the 5th in the world chart.

Well be careful now. If the USA is, lets say roughly 200 mils of population (sorry If I am mistaken) And the social site which is servicing those 200 mils prevails over top economic forces, like media corporations government, non-government and etc, think of what the Chinese Myspace could be then...where the population is in excess of 2 billion.

regards
    -nik

nikolaalx, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  17. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Way too expensive for me to get in. The time to buy google shares is past now. I can't see the stock growing more than what it already is.

ablaye, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  18. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    I only purchase shares of HSBC group.

but now i am interested in Google/Yahoo also.

anybody know how to do this online?

Mong, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  19. kschill

kschill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bought in at 160...hit 200 and pulled the trigger. I thought "No way" its going up more. oh well...guess thats why I'm in SEO and not a stock trader on wall street.

kschill, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  20. tr0nic

tr0nic Active Member

Best Answers:
    My appologies, I didn't do the math right... quick calc and didn't pick up on a zero. At any rate, i've been sitting on these shares for quite some time, and don't intend on letting them go until I feel that the cap has been reached.

tr0nic, Oct 19, 2006 IP