1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sparkgate.net -server down and no reply for over 4 days now

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by rockon007, Dec 6, 2009.

Hello,
    I had a good no. of VPS with Sparkgate and for the last few days the server has been down (all VPS were on same node I guess).

I have emailed them and left ticket with them and just no answer.
    The tickets get closed automatically after 24 hrs.

They have online support (by msn) and they haven't been online since a day before their server went down.

What do I do?

I have files and a good amount of money stuck with them.

Anyone with any advice?

rockon007, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  2. AltecLansing666

AltecLansing666 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I'm one of the victim there. Is there anything that I can do? wasted my time and hard earned money for it.

Not to mention important files hosted there.

Please advice.

AltecLansing666, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  3. mellow-h

mellow-h Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking to advise you contact them on the phone number listed in whois, but I found they are whois protected. These are very fishy attitude from hosts. Their contact us doesn't contain a mailing address as well :(

mellow-h, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  4. AltecLansing666

AltecLansing666 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, thats what i've been thinking. There is no reason at all why a host should protect their identity. But I hope it's just a small misunderstanding and maybe tomorrow all this will resolve. (hopefully)

AltecLansing666, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  5. Asako

Asako Peon

Best Answers:
    It has be solved the issue was caused by certain client bashing the server trying to get access to the main node and this client account has been suspended and pending for termination as all the file this client have is is mostly a crack bot and a few hacking .pl file. However the attempt was failed as the the server has been booted into rescue mode.

Only 15 client are affected by the downtime issue as the problem happen on 2 of our server (the hacking attempt was done by the same client who have an account on both server) if there is no response form the client who does this we will announce a threat here as well make the client information public to avoid others getting the same issue from this client.

Regarding the no support ticket response. On 5th Dec 2009 the connection to Streamyx (TMNet ISP) having a failure which caused us unable to connect to the net. We have file a lawsuit action to them as they fail to provide us services for more than 48 hours. However once we have our connection back to normal we have take an action for this make the server back online as well as done some refund and compensation for all the affected client.

We do regret this thing happen and we do not hesitate to do a full refund on request. We have thousands of client with us right now and only small groups are affected so this should be enough to proved that we are serious in business.

*Note regarding the whois protection as this was provided by NameCheap for free why cant we use it? ^^ if you need a phone contact information you can open a ticket to us although we do not have phone support at the moment due to the mess to get 1-800 support numbers of which only available to certain area in Malaysia.

Asako, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  6. ~ServerPoint~

~ServerPoint~ Banned

Best Answers:
    Asako that is really good point you posted the update. That very very important especially for the people like OP is

~ServerPoint~, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  7. rockon007

rockon007 Member

Best Answers:
    Ok this is solved.
    That was a short problem and all is over.

The servers are really very good and I am still sticking with them.

Thanks Asako.

rockon007, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  8. alex288288

alex288288 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good to hear everything is back to normal! that would have been a mess if your stuff was gone for good lol

alex288288, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  9. WebIntellects - Rob

WebIntellects - Rob Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your web hosting down the main thing you need to do is stop panic. You know domain name of the company and using domaintools you can find phone and call web hosting company and ask about the issues

WebIntellects - Rob, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  10. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to read the posts above.

Dondon2d, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  11. internetbilisim

internetbilisim Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad the problem is finished.

internetbilisim, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  12. The Don