1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blue screen of death was SO Vista, welcome the Black screen of death for Windows 7!

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Hecky, Dec 1, 2009.

Hecky, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  2. jasevv

jasevv Guest

Best Answers:
    Seems like caused by malware. It isn't synonymous to blue screen of death since cause agents of both of them are different.

jasevv, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  3. rmvalues

rmvalues Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    may be this problem has been fixed. because 2 days ago windows 7 has just released new update.

and the news was on 1st dec.

rmvalues, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  4. hillord

hillord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    blue or black, it's still windows.

hillord, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  5. BeauRepairsWebDesign

BeauRepairsWebDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well ive only had a blue screen on win7 already :D. It diden't like me :( haha

BeauRepairsWebDesign, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  6. sameer_reddy

sameer_reddy Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been tortured by the blue screen of death. i shouldnt have bought the original vista.. If, like my friends, i had gone the pirated way I could have saved money to buy a more stable OS like windows 7

sameer_reddy, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  7. astraxis

astraxis Peon

Best Answers:
    Have been using Win7 for past 40 days no trouble whatsoever light years ahead of Vista in any game.

Binoy

astraxis, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  8. Technocrate

Technocrate Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the issue?

The Blue Screen error is quite frequent in computers which leads to freezing of the boot process.

Why?

The error occurs due to MBR corruption, or some corrupted driver or mismatch of the RAM or often due to virus attack.

Solution:

You can recover your normal screen smoothly by following the given steps:

Steps 1. Turn off and then on your PC.
    If the problem is in Windows then just shut down your system and restart. Shut the machine down completely and leave it for at least 20 seconds before switching it back on again. This also applies with external devices. If it’s a USB device try unplugging it and plugging it back into a different socket. It will ask the OS to reload the driver once again.

Steps 2. Visit the Action Centre
    The windows 7 comes with a feature called Action Centre to provide instant solution. Click on the flag in the far right of the taskbar will open the Action Centre. Check here for any solutions. You can click on the Troubleshooting link to find solutions to problems using Microsoft’s automatic problem reporting tool. The Action Centre comes in Windows 7 version only.

Steps 3. Visit Microsoft Fix it
    The Microsoft carries a unique sit called “Microsoft Fix it” to solve many issues.

Steps 4. Try Windows Update
    If you find a problem being caused by a driver or is an issue with Windows itself, it’s possible that an update will fix the problem is already available via Windows Update. Have a look at all the optional and recommended updates as well as just the critical ones, as this is where a lot of driver and software updates tend to appear.

Steps 5. Reinstall the Driver
    If you have hardware problems then dig out the original disc that came with your hardware and try to reinstall the driver. You can then reinstall the drivers through Windows Update or from the disc that came with your hardware.

NOTE: Be careful while uninstalling display or network drivers as this could render your screen blank or take you off the internet.

Steps 6. Clean up Windows
    You can manage your hard disk by disk cleanup and CCleaner. If your problems are caused by performance issues you can clean up windows. Start Menu will find disk cleanup which does an admirable job of stripping out temporary and rubbish files that can slow Windows down. CCleaner will clean up the computer’s registry. Restart the computer after the action.

Steps 7. Run the System File Checker
    From the Start Menu open the command prompt and type SFC /SCANNOW. It will run the System File Checker. You will need your Windows install disc in your optical drive for this to work. It will scan all your Windows files and see if any have become corrupt. If it finds any it will replace them with the originals from the install disc.

Steps 8. Reinstall the software
    Some issue may arise due to the application software not due to the OS. Reinstalling or repairing it will solve the case. Find the Programs and Features from the control panel in Windows 7 and search for the program, and go for “Repair” option for that program. Failing that uninstalling and reinstalling your program might fix the problem.

Technocrate, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  9. talvehtia

talvehtia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can decrease the risk of getting blue screen of death by using an optimizer. Defragmenting your hard drive and regularly doing maintenance on your computer will help a lot.

About the topic, it should've been "black screen" from the begining as it is a lot cooler and scarier :)

talvehtia, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  10. nucleus99

nucleus99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I ve never seen the blue screen of death on Vista... but already seen it on Win 7

nucleus99, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  11. CrimsoniteX

CrimsoniteX Active Member

Best Answers:
    This.

I received my first BSoD on 7 yesterday when I was updating the firmware on my mouse :mad:

CrimsoniteX, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  12. rootpanama

rootpanama Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm very happy with Win 7 ultimate so far and about Vista I just skipped it because all the bad comments :p.

So far 7 is stable and fast but I know that eventually the blue/red/black screen will appear... it always happens ;P

rootpanama, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  13. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I as well am very happy since i've upgraded to Win7 from Vista. Speed and Performance have increased a lot.

bk871, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  14. inspiredmarketing

inspiredmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    When I was using XP and Vista, I always use Tuneup utilities to maintain my computer, I get less BSOD. For Win 7, I still use Tuneup utilities and have not experience any BSOD.

inspiredmarketing, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  15. tannedchick

tannedchick Guest

Best Answers:
    Win7 rules!!! Not one BSOD for me either!!! I have the ultimate version since it came out :p

tannedchick, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  16. ShaguM0w56

ShaguM0w56 Peon

Best Answers:
    well for me is the best XP, great sp2

ShaguM0w56, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  17. tentwenty

tentwenty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Windows 7 was shocking when it was installed in the office I work in. Problem after problems after problems.

tentwenty, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  18. arivin90

arivin90 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Black or white is old problem on windows :(

arivin90, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  19. rootpanama

rootpanama Guest

Best Answers:
    I got the blue screen today for the first time in 7 but it was due a trojan. NOD 32 detected the trojan after a manual scan.

rootpanama, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  20. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, here we go again. Glad I don't use windows anymore

killer2021, Mar 4, 2010 IP