1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site falling in and out of index

Discussion in 'Websites' started by 1-script.com, Oct 11, 2006.

What do you guys think may be happening to one of my sites that keep falling in and out on every Google update.

Here is the pattern:

After BigDaddy it normally receives about 1/10th of the old traffic. However, on each update it suddenly gets back into the spotlight and receives about pre-BigDaddy traffic for 10-12 days and then goes back to the bleak after-BigDaddy level. This happened on June 29, Sept 29 and today its back to low level again.

Can any commonality be spotted here like (just guessing) number of links vs. number of pages etc.?

Thanks!

D~

1-script.com, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  2. zerohex

zerohex Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you are looking at different data centers each time? Apparently, results are not entirely uniform across all Google's datacenters. :confused:

zerohex

zerohex, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  3. khasmoth

khasmoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just a quick question on how many months is your site running?

khasmoth, Oct 11, 2006 IP
    jdR!pper and Bondat like this.
  4. 1-script.com

1-script.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Site's 8 years birthday is coming up next month :) . The site was rock steady before BD update. Homepage was PR5 for as long as I can remember although became PR4 with last update. Used to have 3,000+ backlinks in Google before BD, now only 65. Go figure.

Any ideas or comments are appreciated

5. legal-nurse-consultant

legal-nurse-consultant Peon

Best Answers:
    Was there any pattern in the links that dropped out? Directories, reciprocal, articles, etc.

legal-nurse-consultant, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  6. superpump

superpump Peon

Best Answers:
    did you use coop at any time?

superpump, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  7. 1-script.com

Best Answers:
    No, not at this site. However, in 2005 I was guilty of pretty heavily interlinking this site with couple of my other sites that did in fact use DP COOP and I am still paying for that - all the sites that used COOP, new and old, are in supplementals now.

That interlinking is a thing of the past though; I have removed all excessive links back in Jan 2006 and since then the site has experienced two up-down cycles already

8. 1-script.com

Best Answers:
    Honestly - not sure. I would say that all the links that I care about - from the industry related publications and other similar subject sites - are still there.

However, some excerpts of the site's content were available via RSS and I've seen the links end up on all sorts of blogs. These usually come and go so, naturally, there might have been some fluctuations in the number of links. Google shows precisely 65 IBLs ever since BD update hit me (221,562 IBLs with Y! Site Explorer).

9. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Actually you can contact google experts directly for this issue. Maybe they can give you an accurate answer.

hhheng, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  10. 1-script.com

Best Answers:
    It's a joke, right? I've yet to receive any response from Google on my requests for help sent back in January 2006. I have also filed reinclusion requests for this and other heavily hit sites to no avail.

No, I don't really expect them to actually answer my "individual inquiry"

11. PinotNoir

PinotNoir Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got one site fluctuating between 5,000 and 3,000 indexed pages. There has been a lot of index activitity lately for sure.

PinotNoir, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  12. 1-script.com

Best Answers:
    I think I misunderstood what exactly was happening with the site. This time it is not the amount of indexed pages that changed but some form of penalty was laid upon the site and so I started another thread. That discussions is getting nuch closer to the core of the problem so, if you are interested in the problem, I'd advise you to swith to that thread.

1-script.com, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  13. mrfemale2003

mrfemale2003 Banned

Best Answers:
    You need to re-design this site and break down into better sub-categories. Simple sites seem to rank better with the search engines.

mrfemale2003, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  14. 1-script.com

Best Answers:
    I did not provide the URL of the site in question...

You are right in one thing thoug - the simpler the better. The only problem is - there are alsways those pesky humans with their useability needs and desires for advanced functions

1-script.com, Oct 12, 2006 IP