1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Write Unique Articles Like Crazy - Crank Out 20-30 Articles A Day!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 10:33, Nov 4, 2009.

Hi, Welcome to the "Write Articles Like Lightning" thread.

Yep, I've posted this technique in another forum, but the response was pretty dismal - so would like some better feedback from you intelligent folks here at DP ;)

So here goes...

I know article marketing is a popular topic, so I thought I'd show you how to write an article very quickly, without automation software, and without copying other peoples content...

This technique will provide you with 100% unique, okay quality articles that will pass Copyscape and article directory reviewers. Follow my advice and you'll also achieve a lot of views on your article, with a good click through rate.

Okay -

So I did a little experiment before writing this thread. I didn't want to sound like like I could talk the talk, but didn't walk the walk - so did a case study and timed my results.

The times came out as follows:

Article research: 5 minutes
    Writing the article: 13 minutes
    Spell check: 1 minute

Total time: 19 Minutes

Bear the following in mind: I typed it by hand - and I can only type at about 35 words per minute. Terrible, I know

The best thing to do is use Dragon Naturally Speaking, and cut that time in half (goes at around 120 wpm). Use Dragon and you can cut this process down to under 10 minutes if you're quick.

I typed it on purpose, as not everyone has access to Dragon, and this is about advertising and gaining traffic without spending a dime.

I did not use any fancy software. It is NOT needed.

I used Windows text editor for research, and a cool little free program called Jarte. Download this from Download.com.

Jarte is cool because I can spell check by just pressing F7, and can get a word count with one click. You need a 300 word article minimum, in my opinion.

I submit 99% of the articles to Ezinearticles.com only. Ask me later and I'll tell you the reason why.

The article below is not a "Bum Marketing" style article. I did not use any keywords or long tail phrases.

This is because I only want EzineArticles.com traffic. I'm not interested in search engine traffic at the moment - just simple, fast, targetted traffic.

Plus the fact that adding keywords adds more time to the creation process.

Personally, I don't have much time to spare...

Okay, let me get this case study together, and I'll continue this thread in the next post.

10:33, Nov 4, 2009 IP
    ademmeda likes this.
  2. 10:33

10:33 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right, here's what we do next...

The subject of the article is Goal setting (first thing that came to mind).

Research is from Ezinearticles.com. Remember - never plaguerize. Nothing is copied - you simply need to extract one or more points from each article, and rewrite them in your own words into one single article, weaving them all together.

Here are the articles I used as research:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Clear-Goal...ure&id=2586051

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Five-B...ing&id=2566365

http://ezinearticles.com/?Easy-Ways-...one&id=3099117

I took 3 main points from these articles, and added sub points to each.

Below is exactly what was on my notepad after 5 minutes:

---

point 1 - Prioritise and plan

- what needs to be done?
    - In what order?
    - Work backwards from end goal.
    - Make a To do list.

point 2 - make a time limit - deadline
    - Any task will fit the time allotted.

point 3 - commit certain part of your day to the task
    - no time? less sleep or TV
    - do tasks first thing in the morning

---

Easy, right? Now all you have to do is write an introduction (like 3 lines!), and expand on each point and sub-point.

So, here's the article that was created:

---

If you're looking to save time, prioritise, and get more done in your life, then this article is something you need to read...

Goal setting is a very under-rated activity that people should perhaps pay more attention to. Setting tasks and adhering to them can help you achieve immense tasks, and get more done in the day then you ever thought possible.

Stress is also significantly reduced when using goal setting and breaking things down into more manageable tasks.

How to go about goal setting.

The first thing you need to do is figure out exactly what needs to be done, what is to be achieved, and in what order? A good way to do this is to work backwards from the main goal.

What do I mean? Well if you have an end goal in mind, find out what was the last step in achieving the goal, and then figure out what the previous step would be to achieve it. You can then work backwards from each step, until you arrive at your current point.

Now you have done this, it is important to write it down. Use your step by step list and figure out how long each step will take, and write it in a to do list which you can refer to each day.

Make a time limit.

Putting a time limit on each step or task is very important. Figure out how long each step should take, and from there you'll know how long the final goal will take to achieve.

It is then vital that you set a date in which to complete the task. You'll find that the task usually fills the time you assign to it. So, if you have a deadline, you're more likely to achieve completion.

Commit part of your day to achieving your goal.

A good way of doing this is to schedule a certain time amount each day that you can honestly commit to, and make yourself adhere to that, no matter what.

A good technique is to commit one hour each morning to completing at least one task on your to do list.

You'll find that it adds up in the end, and tasks will be completed quickly.

---

This took me 12 minutes with my crappy typing skills. How to do it so quick?

Well, set up your research like I did above with my poionts and sub-points - paste it into a new document, and expand on each point.

Example:

- Work backwards from end goal.

Became:

"A good way to do this is to work backwards from the main goal.

What do I mean? Well if you have an end goal in mind, find out what was the last step in achieving the goal, and then figure out what the previous step would be to achieve it. You can then work backwards from each step, until you arrive at your current point."

Do this for each point, and bang - you got yourself a 371 word article

Okay, this is not one of the best articles in the world - but it is an article that will get accepted by EZA.

Add in a killer title, a cool resource box and you've got yourself a traffic magnet.

---

I'm not sure whether this thread is useful for anyone, but I hope it is.

If you would like me to continue, and expand on exactly how to get the best headlines to make people read the article in the first place, how to write amazing 'teaser' samples for EZA visitors, and how to create jaw dropping resourse boxes, please reply below - make a post...attribute to the thread.

3. AlphaBillion

AlphaBillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Love the site idea but the video does not open using Firefox...

AlphaBillion, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  4. AlphaBillion

AlphaBillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, the video works but very slow to open. I asked for your report! Will let you know more on your site. All the best and thank you.
    Coco
    x

AlphaBillion, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  5. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't anybody out there write good, longer than the average articles?

Anybody???

PhilipR, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  6. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    I spent an hour and a half writing a 700 word article today and it was wonderful. Why anyone would want to be a factory of words, I have no idea. Improve your writing skills and knowledge, charge more and take your time on each of your articles--I'm telling you, it is a wonderful thing.

Even if you learn how to write 4 cheap articles in an hour, what's your hourly pay going to be? Like $40? You can do so much better than that all while delivering a solid product to your client that makes you feel proud, not sweaty. I just imagine being sweaty when writing cheap articles...don't really know why....

Y.L. Prinzel, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  7. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    That's about how long it takes me most of the time.

Many times the research alone can take several hours.

I don't know, I guess some would prefer to churn out the articles. I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
    PhilipR, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  8. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    That's just writing time. Because this is a long-term project, I complete hours of research on the front end and then start writing the articles. Of course, as you outline and dig deeper into the subject you usually have a bit more research to do--but at least the foundation is laid.

9. lostpoet

lostpoet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I spend hours everyday going through hundreds of news items – sorting, choosing, making sure I don't miss something important. Then I make the outlines for my posts and start researching once again. This time for the actual news, cross-referencing, fact checking, background, etc. Only then do I get to writing my posts. And don't even get me started on the editing, proofing and posting (with legally usable images).

So what do I get in return? The satisfaction of knowing that my readers will love it and that it will help the blog's (and my own) reputation. Besides, I love my work!

@YL Prinzel - You overestimate the hourly rate. Writers like these are usually working for something like $2.5 -$4 per article. Or else they are webmasters themselves and want content saturation.

Why are these threads even allowed on the copywriting forum?

lostpoet, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  10. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for making me puke in my own mouth. I can understand a website owner doing that--it's their site after all--but writers, come on now. That is just sad. Even content mills pay more than that.

And yes, lostpoet, you are exactly right about editing time, conference calls, current events knowledge--all the little things that you don't even think about really add up.

I'm beginning to think the divide comes from two lines of thinking:

I wanna make money online while sitting at home.

vs.

I want to be self-employed as a writer.

And those two lines are probably never going to meet.

11. wild4zach

wild4zach Peon

Best Answers:
    good discussion.... but i got 1 question,

if we use software to spin PLR articles, then the articles unique or not??

cause as per check at copyscape, got few site already use the article.. not 100% unique... about 50 to 60 only unique

is it still consider unique?

wild4zach, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  12. 10:33

Best Answers:
    Actually, I posted it under "general marketing", and only 20 minutes later I received an email that said "infraction receved - posted in wrong section".

When I re-visited the thread it had been moved here.

I agree. It's not a copywriting thread, nor would I ever choose to put it here.

13. 10:33

Best Answers:
    I must have given people the wrong idea with this thread.

* It's not about writing articles for others.

* It's not about writing quality articles.

* It is about cranking out 20 - 30 articles per day to Ezine Articles.

* It is about using these articles for a quick burst of traffic.

* It is a thread that's been moved to the wrong sub forum.

---

As a pro writer, I'd expect that - and you're just the type of quality writer I'd prefer to hire.

The above technique is not for web-page content, just quick-and-dirty traffic.

My apologies for upsetting you sensitive writer folk.

14. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that 85% unique from the original passes Copyscape as new, unique content, whether a PLR article or not.

Ducati1198, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  15. 10:33

Best Answers:
    Nope, software can never make an article unique. Use this only for submissions to directories for backlinks.

EZA would reject plr re-writes.

16. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Ew.

So much for having dinner tonight.

PhilipR, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  17. emilybarbie

emilybarbie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing.

emilybarbie, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  18. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This doesn't belong in copywriting. As per the sticky I've posted here, posts related to article marketing do not go here - they go in the general marketing section. I'm going to reverse the infraction and move it back. Perhaps another mod misunderstood the intention of the post. Given how long it was they might not have had time to look through all of it.

jhmattern, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  19. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the explanation :)

Y.L. Prinzel, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  20. Fking

Fking Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds good, but can you really properly research a subject for 5 mins and make an article out of it? I mean it wont be that quality after all...?

Fking, Nov 5, 2009 IP